Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

It's "The Weather Sucks" thread 35308

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 15,780 I love lamp.
Re: It's "The Weather Sucks" thread
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2014, 10:03:17 PM »
on the day i have tickets to 'book of mormon' in atlanta, ga (three hours away) it is an unprecedented snowstorm.

going anyway.  no refunds, no exchanges.  wish i had a jeep.
Be safe! JR

+1 to that :)
+1 to driving safe, and also +1 for a Jeep!  ;)

Full Member Posts: 225
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2014, 10:17:03 PM »
thanks you guys....never even made it to the interstate highway.  the whole town decided to turn out to drive sideways across most streets, so aside from a good laugh, i am out ticket money (and now parked across the street, my house has a minor hill).  oh well, with eight or so tony's, it will be back around again.

meanwhile the entire town is freaking out and trying to buy all the milk, bread, and bottled water in the county.

edit:  if the governor declares a 'state of emergency' in georgia, i will get refunded, said the nice lady at the ticket office.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 10:19:31 PM by Agonistes »
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 21,438 Wooooo!
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2014, 10:30:16 PM »
That's too bad Agonistes, but at least you are safe.  A 3 hour drive in weather like that would have been an incredibly loooong drive, and probably a nerving one.  Hopefully you can get your money back if it's a "state of emergency".

K-Tibbs
Full Member Posts: 225
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2014, 11:56:29 PM »
true.  i'd rather be out a couple tickets than out a vehicle, or worse.  plus it's been almost as entertaining watching people try to drive up the hill by my house and fail.

edit:  they cancelled the show, so refunds if not later tickets, awesome.  we're checking for tomorrow night.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 01:29:25 AM by Agonistes »
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2014, 03:40:44 AM »
true.  i'd rather be out a couple tickets than out a vehicle, or worse.  plus it's been almost as entertaining watching people try to drive up the hill by my house and fail.

edit:  they cancelled the show, so refunds if not later tickets, awesome.  we're checking for tomorrow night.

Well that's good then :tu:

K-Tibbs
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 10,032 Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2014, 06:16:34 AM »
Schools closed yet again, and without a single flurry! Oh well alarm clocks off, ZZZzzzzzzZZZzzzzz.. JR

"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 14,932 words and stuff...
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2014, 12:15:36 PM »
-17 F this morning. I am sure it will drop a few more at day break. At least the wind is not blowing now.

that's us mobile, eh.

Nate
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 15,596 Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2014, 12:41:52 PM »
Yesterday couldn't have started any better.

I got up and did my routine and left my house at 8 am for work. When I opened my outside door, I noticed a huge and deep snow bank at the end of my driveway that the friendly city road grader left for me. I quickly started the vehicle to warm it up, ran to my garage to get the snow blower. After about 14 minutes, I am good to go. Now its 8:14. I get to second line and lo and behold, there is a long lineup of cars. It was so cold that the control box for the rail went bonkers. Of course, this is a fully gated rail crossing on one of the busiest roads in the city. Not only that, it is one of a few roads that join west to central. I wait and wait. I see people getting out and manually moving the gate up by hand to allow a few cars to pass. I wait and wait. My fuel gauge dings on and I figure at this rate, and with how my luck is running this beautiful morning, I had better get out of here, fuel up and see if I can take an alternative road to work. It didn't make it any easier that I was also proctoring an exam today.  :facepalm:

So I somehow get it turned around. Nobody was going anywhere and I wasted 15 minutes of my valuable time. I quickly fuel up and head down to Conmee. Of course, because the main thoroughfare being blocked, so would all the minior arteries. What a mess...but at least I won't run out of fuel. I somehow manage to get to work but had to park in the far nosebleed section because I am late for my exam. I am ticked off greatly as I run towards the building and up. When I get to my classroom, someone had let them in and they were all sitting nice and quiet. To a last one, they told me that I was late. I was late 5 minutes as the clock stated 8:50. Sigh.  :rant:

I wasn't the only one late though in both staff and students.

Thankfully, the rest of the day turned out better. Man did I ever tell anyone how much I love Winter!  :D
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 12:43:36 PM by Chako »

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles
Head Turd Polisher Administrator He who has the most nuts, wins! Posts: 55,960 Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2014, 01:54:15 PM »
Sitting here waiting for today's job to begin and watching myself get buried. This is after about five minutes of sitting.

Def

Sent from a digital multitool

NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!

NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!
No Life Club Posts: 3,354 All Lurkers Please Join :D
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2014, 01:55:45 PM »
Sitting here waiting for today's job to begin and watching myself get buried. This is after about five minutes of sitting.

Def

Sent from a digital multitool

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I think that someone is angry at you, eh.

Hi.
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2014, 02:14:02 PM »
We're getting snow! :woohoo:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 14,932 words and stuff...
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2014, 02:18:25 PM »
If you need some more snow, let me know. I got a smurfton of it here.
:))

that's us mobile, eh.

Nate
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2014, 04:45:00 PM »

You must be over by nova Scotia then, cause the only snow that's coming down on the map is over by Washington state to Montana, or on the very tip of Maine. JR

« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2014, 04:48:50 PM »

You must be over by nova Scotia then, cause the only snow that's coming down on the map is over by Washington state to Montana, or on the very tip of Maine. JR
You could say I'm close.  ;)  That's where I live. :)

« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2014, 04:55:04 PM »

<------- hey that was my 1888 post, :woohoo: getting close, well enjoy the snow! JR

Re: It's &quot;The Weather Sucks&quot; thread
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2014, 05:06:45 PM »

<------- hey that was my 1888 post, :woohoo: getting close, well enjoy the snow! JR
Oh I will!! :D

« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2014, 05:32:05 PM »
Oh I will!! :D

Well be careful, I better not find you doing donuts in the empty parking lot! :facepalm: I'm not looking! Lol :D .. JR

« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2014, 05:36:01 PM »
Well be careful, I better not find you doing donuts in the empty parking lot! :facepalm: I'm not looking! Lol :D .. JR
I would never, ever do something fun like that!! :whistle:

« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2014, 06:03:53 PM »
I would never, ever do something fun like that!! :whistle:
Oh No, NEVER! That's something just not right! I'm still not looking :dwts: LOL.. JR

« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2014, 07:26:42 PM »
So we're practically neighbors Derek, eh? :rofl:  Or at least neighbors over the Bay of Fundy a ways.  Is that your Jeep in the pic?

K-Tibbs
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2014, 07:39:06 PM »
So we're practically neighbors Derek, eh? :rofl:  Or at least neighbors over the Bay of Fundy a ways.  Is that your Jeep in the pic?
That we are b'y.  Just a hop, skip, and a big jump eh.  Yep, that's my Heep.

« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2014, 08:09:52 PM »

I believe Grant would be a neighbor then as well.  Cool, I could see you tearing up the snow in that parking lot >:D

K-Tibbs
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2014, 08:13:07 PM »

I believe Grant would be a neighbor then as well.  Cool, I could see you tearing up the snow in that parking lot >:D
Yeppers.  I might just have to see how far down the street I can drive sideways when I leave!!  >:D

« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2014, 08:15:13 PM »

Yeppers.  I might just have to see how far down the street I can drive sideways when I leave!!  >:D

Haha, have fun with that, but not too much fun, eh? >:D

K-Tibbs
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2014, 09:17:03 PM »
Thats pretty cool that you find out that someone is like right around the corner.. JR

No Life Club Posts: 2,981
« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2014, 04:58:37 AM »
Love the Jeep Derek, great way to make this white stuff a little more enjoyable ;). Here is nothing but freezing and windy, I'd take snow to change it up after weeks of this nonsense. Send some my way Def :D

I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley
No Life Club Posts: 1,922 Lifelike and remarkably self similar
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2014, 06:18:23 AM »
My parents were stranded for 15 hours on I20 outside of B'ham, AL.  Temperatures down to single digits with a wind chill near 0.  Fortunately they had a full tank of gas and once the morning light broke they eventually made it home after almost 24 hours in the car. :cheers:

2017 - The beginning of a second century for Plierench.
Sr. Member Posts: 341 We sell products and get in fights
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2014, 08:46:22 AM »
Stay safe, Northern Hemisphere people. Looks very cold and nasty.

Also spare a though for us down under folk though. 38 degrees tomorrow (that's celsius  :() and it hotter than that in other parts of the country
No Life Club Posts: 3,357 Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2014, 10:22:57 AM »
Stay safe, Northern Hemisphere people. Looks very cold and nasty.

Also spare a though for us down under folk though. 38 degrees tomorrow (that's celsius  :() and it hotter than that in other parts of the country

Yep, some places too cold, some too hot, and then there are the lucky few barstewards gloating about their nice happy medium  >:D

babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."
No Life Club Posts: 2,771
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2014, 12:29:42 PM »
The weather is nice today! 28 degrees F, the first time above 10 this week!

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $95.00
PayPal Fees: $5.38
Net Balance: $89.62
Below Goal: $185.38
Site Currency: USD
33% 
March Donations

Community Links