Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Hello peeps!

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Hello peeps!
on: January 26, 2014, 11:51:02 PM
Just had a dig in the ribs today from my good friend Farmman about not popping my face in here of late.  Unfortunately I've been the latest casualty of that evil manifestation called real life.

A few things have been cropping up in Al-Land that have been commanding my attention and drawing me away from my forum duties (talking gibberish and generally taking the piss) but I hope to return to them very soon. We cremated my Grandfather in December (he was already dead - don't worry, we're not that cruel) and I thought my Father was about to follow suit a week ago.

I got a panicked phone call from my sis-in-law to say he'd been discovered in the car parked on a side street, slumped unconscious over the steering wheel with the door wide open and a pool of vomit outside. He had no recollection of being discovered or an ambulance arriving and carting him off to hospital. He was checked over for heart attack and stroke etc, and found to be all clear other than an elevated white blood count and sent home with penicillin, much to the rest of the family's frustration. Shortly after, the car was been taken in for analysis for suspected Carbon Monoxide leaks (which explains things better in our opinion), though we have received a huge pile of BS back from the garage about what was "actually" wrong. That's all ongoing ...

I've also had major issues at work and in other avenues of my life that I've had to attend to (all been a right royal pain in the arse if I'm honest), so I'm having to step out for a while and let some one else take the piss out of Leatherman for a bit :P I hope to be back among my good friends here very soon, and I've not run off and abandoned you all ... even if you do all smell of sick and have strange tastes in pocket tools  :whistle:

Look after yourselves folks, keep the light's on, and remember to take the piss out of Def whenever the opportunities arise. I'll be back soon enough fuelled with red wine, marmite and jelly babies, ready to flex my beard and kill threads with cutting wit and annoyingly perceptive insight ... yeah, I wish!

Till then, take care, and remember ... the pink bit's are fingers  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

Back soon ......

Me!

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Re: Hello peeps!
Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 12:01:21 AM
Glad to see you, Al. I've been meaning to give you a :pok: myself. >:D I've missed your chaos causing. :whistle: 

Sorry to hear about the troubles you've been having and hope your father is doing better. My condolences again for the loss of your grandfather. :salute:

Don't worry about us. We'll be here when you find time. We already managed to break the forum AND the wiki in the last week but are still here. :D

As for taking the piss out of LM, it has become a MTO sport lately. Have you seen the Leap and the new updated Juices. :facepalm: But I really did miss your posts on those. I kept thinking what your would say to that while looking at t he videos and pics. :D

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 12:07:46 AM
You were missing? 

Actually I haven't been around as much as I'd like either as things have exploded at work- literally in some cases.   :ahhh

Sorry to hear things haven't been good for you lately, but that's what life is sometimes.  Hang in there man, we'll be here when you get back.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 12:27:32 AM
No worries, All of us find that life crops up and interferes with 24/7 MTO presence now and then ::)

Hope everything sorts itself out for the best and we see you around.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 01:24:37 AM
I was really sorry to hear about your Dad and I'm glad you might have an explanation as to what happened now.

Take care of yourself buddy, we'll be here when things get back on a more even keel for you. :cheers:

BTW how are you getting your jelly babies to grow?  I planted mine in the garden months ago and, so far, not a sign of a stalk or anything. :-\

:whistle:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 01:28:01 AM
Good to hear from you Al! :) Hope things get straightened out soon so you can get back here, we miss that cutting wit and annoyingly perceptive insight! :D
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 01:31:48 AM
Take care Al. Hope thing work themselves out.
Nate

SEND IT!

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 01:38:55 AM
Thanks for popping in Al,we were getting worried!

I hope your dad gets better soon,and the docs can offer some proper answers! As to the other problems,I hear flame throwers are very efficient  >:D :tu:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

gb Offline Spatha

• d---^__^---b
Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 03:13:20 AM
It's good to hear from you, Al.   Thanks for taking the time to check in.  :cheers:  I must admit that I'd been wondering where you'd got to.  Sorry to hear about the loss of your grandfather, and also your father's illness.  I hope he's picking up.

I've been trying to make some constructive criticism of the Juice XE6 in your stead, but to be honest, it's just not the same.   ;)  It will be good to have you back once your real life priorities calm down.

even if you do all smell of sick

That could just be Parmesan...   :think:   :whistle:

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 03:22:30 AM

Till then, take care, and remember ... the pink bit's are fingers  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

So THAT'S what I've been doing wrong!  :facepalm:  ;)  Good to hear from you Al, I was actually planning on sending you a PM tomorrow to see how you were doing.  Sorry to hear about your grandfather.  :(  Hope they can figure out what's wrong with your father and take care of it.  Hope to see you around again soon!
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

ca Offline CanadianLMfan

• No Life Club
  • All Lurkers Please Join :D
Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 03:31:47 AM
I knew you were missing! Thanks for posting, and take care! :D
Leatherman

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 05:04:47 AM
Sorrry to hear about the family troubles.
All the best with that.

As well as being a fan of the long boat
[Saw your user name post yesterday...]
It sounds like you are also a Harry Enfield fan.
UK folk will and fans of Britsh comedy will relate to this post  :D
Others please ignore :)

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #12 on: January 27, 2014, 05:10:23 AM
Sorry the hear about all that's going on 50 thanks for dropping in and saying hello. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #13 on: January 27, 2014, 05:21:47 AM
You have a very good set of notes from the doctor to explain your absence- go, do what you need to do, man. The fire will still be here, and your stump will be somewhere around it.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #14 on: January 27, 2014, 10:22:21 AM
All the best til we see you back again 50ft.

:salute:
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #15 on: January 27, 2014, 10:54:09 AM
Sorry, who is this guy? :think:

Seriously good to hear from you Al, and I am sorry about those troubles you are dealing with :cheers:
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #16 on: January 27, 2014, 11:00:22 AM
I was worried you got a girlfriend or something...   :D

Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: January 27, 2014, 11:05:35 AM
good to hear you're still out there man, don't let 'reality' take to much of a hold on your life mate !

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #18 on: January 27, 2014, 11:20:39 AM
Life can be a real pain and gets in the way of real mt testing  :D hope you sort it all out Al take care mate  :salute:

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #19 on: January 27, 2014, 01:22:59 PM
Thanks folks, it's really appreciated  :salute:
I'll be back up to my old tricks as soon as poss  >:D

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #20 on: January 27, 2014, 09:03:36 PM
I thought something was missing from the new LMs/Juice threads ;)  Sorry to hear that real life has been a pain lately.  Hope it all gets sorted out soon for your father.  It's funny how it can be noticed when someone's been missing around here....I like that :tu:
K-Tibbs

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: January 30, 2014, 11:13:25 PM
 :salute:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30