Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The pen and pencil thread

enki_ck · 302 · 40639

us Offline Enginears

Re: The pen and pencil thread
Reply #300 on: September 26, 2023, 01:46:46 AM
That 09’s got to have some heavy hold to it, when I was in drafting I used to use and I still have it, yup, my 03, that thing would break idk how many times, I had to have a very easy hand, yet I was also taking plumbing so I also had to have a very strong hand, not an easy mix, most of the others stuck with a norm size yet I think one other kid went to a 05, of course him and I had some of the sharpest drafts, at he end of the year we had to draft the teachers house and then put in a heating system, everyone played simple, yet of course me with the thinnest lead put in a subfloor heating system, (pretty much a line every like 8in, yet in scale was like every 1/4”) yeah NUTS! But I scored a 105 on it..
JR

That sounds amazing. I like that pencil too, an 03 is impressive. I have such a heavy hand even with 05 I end up getting in the zone and snapping the lead, though I do like those thinner lines. I never actually drafted, though I wish I had. we would do all our drawings and stuff with CAD.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Re: The pen and pencil thread
Reply #301 on: September 26, 2023, 04:27:16 AM
That sounds amazing. I like that pencil too, an 03 is impressive. I have such a heavy hand even with 05 I end up getting in the zone and snapping the lead, though I do like those thinner lines. I never actually drafted, though I wish I had. we would do all our drawings and stuff with CAD.
I did 7yrs of classes in drafting, even had my own drafting table at home for 6 of those, just a plain wood table with a nice metal edge and a pencil rest at the bottom, nothing fancy like a mechanical arm or floating t-square, just 1-t-square, 2-plastic squares, and 2-scales, although I did get fancy the last month of high school, I bought two solid aluminum squares and two aluminum scales, one 6” and one 12”, when I went to college the 12” hit the like marble table and the kid sitting next to me asked if he could see it, I was like sure, so I handed it over and he’s like wow this thing could be a weapon, I was like tell me about it, I don’t have that one anymore, but still the 6” along with the two aluminum squares and a plastic 12” scale, CAD, forget it, I think I tried it once, I’m totally old school, my unique thing is if you give me the side, front, and top, I can 3D draft it, it’s something I can do in my head,, when I took a state placement test to figure out what to do, I got every question right on the pic part, only one other person had ever done it before me, and of course it said I should do drawing or photos,, odd..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%