Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Things That Irritate Me!

Wilfried · 222 · 10253

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Re: Things That Irritate Me!
Reply #60 on: February 03, 2014, 03:10:29 PM
And, another... I get very irritated by those new smileys  >:(

CTRL + F5 :pok:  We reverted to the old ones yesterday. :P

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #61 on: February 03, 2014, 04:34:22 PM
And, another... I get very irritated by those new smileys  >:(

CTRL + F5 :pok:  We reverted to the old ones yesterday. :P
I get irritated with changing smileys.  :pok:  Just kidding.  :D  I do miss loaf head though.  :angel:

be Offline Wilfried

Reply #62 on: February 03, 2014, 09:11:09 PM
Things that annoy me - part 1

People who blame anything and / or anyone but themselves for their failure.

People who walk their dogs and let them poop indiscriminately.

People who don't cover their mouth while sneezing or coughing.

People who act like they're in their own living room at an event (concert, play, movies or a restaurant).

People who don't know the difference between its/it’s and they’re/their/there.

People who leave the door open when they go to the bathroom.

People who put their feet on the table.       :o

People who can't complete a sentence without saying "you know".

People who don't control their bratty children.

People who refer to themselves in the third person.

:rant:

de Offline RT1969

• No Life Club
  • Straight Silver!
Reply #63 on: February 03, 2014, 09:23:45 PM

Wow there are just too many things that annoy me daily... what to pick...

You know what I find annoying.  I watch alot of the discovery channel shows. I HATE that they preview what will happen after the commercial, and then recap what just happened before the commercial.  Minor I know, but its irritating especially if you skip the commercials.  Its like they assume people are too dumb to retain 15 minutes of something that happened in short term memory?

People that use catch phrases without thinking about what they mean.  Like.. "there are no dumb questions".  OMG have you heard the dumb questions dumb people ask?

That must be the shows they dub for Germany and where every five minuets the same thing is said -.-

I just now read this. :serverloft:
The most annoying thing about this: We have the commercial breaks at another point! So it is doku text, preview, recap, doku text and than a commercial break in the middle of a sentence....  :doh:

Edit/Addition: And it seems it is the same in Spain. Why don't they fit their smurfing commercials into the original commercial break. They even sometimes cut off their own productions mid-senten
- To be continued after the break
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 10:13:44 PM by RT1969 »

be Offline Wilfried

Reply #64 on: February 04, 2014, 12:12:38 AM
Things that annoy me - part 2

People sitting at a red light and continuing to sit there when the light turns green because they're on their cell phone.

People who buy animals, only to get rid of them a week later because it was harder to take care of them than they thought. Pets are not toys, you i****s!

High-Fives. I just hate it.

People who are always late.

People who honk in front of a house instead of getting out of the car and ringing the doorbell.

People who think the seat next to them is a place to plunk down their gym bag/back pack on a crowded bus.

People who spit on the ground. Horrible!

People at a store/supermarket who wait in a long checkout line, and then when they finally need to pay they take forever to find their cash/credit card.

People who don't want to learn anything new because they know it all.

People with baggy pants hanging below their a**.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #65 on: February 04, 2014, 12:38:17 AM
Things that annoy me - part 1

People who leave the door open when they go to the bathroom.
People who put their feet on the table.       :o
 :rant:

I guess I don't pass, cause I do all of these, but, they have there limitations!
If we have company, the doors getting closed!
The feet are going up when I'm loafing, and when it's my house,
Every once and a while my kids will want a high5, and the wife deserves maybe a low one now and then(on the back side :D )
And lastly, I try not to in public, nor even near anyone, but with my lungs sometimes I gotta let it go.. Sorry!
But the rest of them I can agree on! Especially the pants, when someone has there boxers up high and baggies jeans down around there knees! Although it's kinda funny when they run, lol  JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #66 on: February 04, 2014, 03:36:59 AM

People sitting at a red light and continuing to sit there when the light turns green because they're on their cell phone.

People who buy animals, only to get rid of them a week later because it was harder to take care of them than they thought. Pets are not toys, you i****s!

People who are always late.

People who honk in front of a house instead of getting out of the car and ringing the doorbell.

People who think the seat next to them is a place to plunk down their gym bag/back pack on a crowded bus.

People at a store/supermarket who wait in a long checkout line, and then when they finally need to pay they take forever to find their cash/credit card.

People who don't want to learn anything new because they know it all.

I agree with a lot of your lists, but this one really stands out.  I despise seeing this, and it has to be one of the most ridiculous trends/fads to have come around in recent history.  I can't even understand how wearing pants down around the cheeks can be at all comfortable.  I would be constantly worried that they would just drop at any given moment, thus pantsing yourself ::)  I mean really...I need to calm down as I'm getting myself all worked up over this :rant:   :ahhh 
K-Tibbs

de Offline RT1969

• No Life Club
  • Straight Silver!
Reply #67 on: February 04, 2014, 08:41:42 AM
And lastly, I try not to in public, nor even near anyone, but with my lungs sometimes I gotta let it go.. Sorry!

There is a big difference, if you have to spit, go over to a patch, spit there
or just let go right there on the paveway  :dwts:

I agree with a lot of your lists, but this one really stands out.  I despise seeing this, and it has to be one of the most ridiculous trends/fads to have come around in recent history.  I can't even understand how wearing pants down around the cheeks can be at all comfortable.  I would be constantly worried that they would just drop at any given moment, thus pantsing yourself ::)  I mean really...I need to calm down as I'm getting myself all worked up over this :rant:   :ahhh 

I heard, this comes from the 'gangsta' (non-)culture. The prisoners just have a weak elastic string in their pants (So they can not use it to hang themselves/garotte someone else) which makes the pants hang low.
So basically, everyone wearing these is saying: Hey, I want to be in prison!
I find it annoying that people follow every new fashion trend without thinking what it represents  ???

gb Offline Philby

Reply #68 on: February 04, 2014, 08:52:36 AM
Complainers :whistle::serverloft:

be Offline Wilfried

Reply #69 on: February 04, 2014, 12:06:43 PM
Road rage is one of the most outrageous and scary phenoma these days.

Such behavior might include rude gestures, verbal insults, deliberately driving in an unsafe or threatening manner, or making threats. Road rage can lead to assaults and collisions that result in injuries and even deaths.

What the hell has our society come to over the last decades?       

Are more and more people getting insane lately?         :rant:

Here’s a shocking example of Australian road rage which happened back in 2012.

Ken Olsen used a dashcam to record his harrowing ordeal, which included his attacker jumping on his hood to smash his windshield with his bare hands.

I’ve been wondering if this was real or staged, because these days you seldomly know for sure with so many people around who try to appeal to our obsession with sensational events.       :(

Unfortunately, it seems to be all to real...         :o

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #70 on: February 04, 2014, 02:43:29 PM

I heard, this comes from the 'gangsta' (non-)culture. The prisoners just have a weak elastic string in their pants (So they can not use it to hang themselves/garotte someone else) which makes the pants hang low.
So basically, everyone wearing these is saying: Hey, I want to be in prison!
I find it annoying that people follow every new fashion trend without thinking what it represents  ???

Ah thanks, I didn't know that :salute:  That just makes it even worse really.  As you said, following the fashion trend without thought of the message they're representing/sending. 
K-Tibbs

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #71 on: February 04, 2014, 02:58:33 PM
Another thing that irritates me is people that can't park!  Do you really need to park on the line, or worse, OVER it in a parking lot??  If I'm in the Jeep, I'll park within an inch of the car just so they have no chance of getting in, or have to crawl in through the passenger side.  I know I'm being a real ass doing that, but it ticks me off to no end.

It's usually expensive cars that are parked like that too.  They think by taking up two spaces that they won't get dinged, or have someone park close to them.  :rant: :twak: :rant: :twak: :rant:

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #72 on: February 04, 2014, 03:12:32 PM
Another thing that irritates me is people that can't park!  Do you really need to park on the line, or worse, OVER it in a parking lot??  If I'm in the Jeep, I'll park within an inch of the car just so they have no chance of getting in, or have to crawl in through the passenger side.  I know I'm being a real ass doing that, but it ticks me off to no end.

It's usually expensive cars that are parked like that too.  They think by taking up two spaces that they won't get dinged, or have someone park close to them.  :rant: :twak: :rant: :twak: :rant:

Oh that's a good one too Derek :tu:  I deal with this almost daily at work with the older lady I work with in my department.  She parks almost right on the line, and even sometimes over.  It's not to avoid dings to her car either, it's just plain inability to see or pay attention to the lines from what I can tell.  Sometimes the only available space is right next to her, and it's difficult to park in the spot while leaving myself enough room to get out of my car.  I can't do what you do though, especially since I work with her every day.  Also, she's really nice, just a bit off sometimes I think :think: 

People that do it deliberately to avoid dings to their precious vehicles would tick me off even more though.  I also see it happen at the grocery store, or Walmart and places like that.  Not nice vehicles necessarily, but people who seem to park with no regard for the lines, like they can't be bothered to adhere to them, or like they are above them and can park however they please :rant:
K-Tibbs

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
  • Look at all those shiny sharp things.
Reply #73 on: February 04, 2014, 04:15:33 PM

Oh that's a good one too Derek :tu:  I deal with this almost daily at work with the older lady I work with in my department.  She parks almost right on the line, and even sometimes over.  It's not to avoid dings to her car either, it's just plain inability to see or pay attention to the lines from what I can tell.  Sometimes the only available space is right next to her, and it's difficult to park in the spot while leaving myself enough room to get out of my car.  I can't do what you do though, especially since I work with her every day.  Also, she's really nice, just a bit off sometimes I think :think: 

People that do it deliberately to avoid dings to their precious vehicles would tick me off even more though.  I also see it happen at the grocery store, or Walmart and places like that.  Not nice vehicles necessarily, but people who seem to park with no regard for the lines, like they can't be bothered to adhere to them, or like they are above them and can park however they please :rant:
I sometimes do doubleparking. Just because i have small children. With this action i am trying to avoid dents to cars next to me. Childrens take quite much space to get them out of the car. Some parking lots have more larger family parks, but they usually are taken by some small town car or some donkey, who rebels against families whom have been reserved parks closer to shops. This is irritating...

I read somewhere, that those baggy pants style, that shows underwear. In prison it would have meant, that you want to take it in the @ss...

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #74 on: February 04, 2014, 04:35:33 PM
We could simplify most of these lists to: "humanity irritates me". The Earth just got to crowded for our stone age brains to cope...   :D
There is no magic therefore gadgets!

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #75 on: February 04, 2014, 04:44:03 PM
We have small kids also, now 6 and 4, and have never dinged a car yet.  Some shops here have parking spaces for families with small children, but they are the same size usually as the normal spaces, just closer to the doors. 

We too get jerks that will park in them just because they're closer to the doors.  Once, my wife was out with the kids when our youngest was only a few months old, and it was raining.  The car in front of her going into the parking lot pulled into the family spot, so she had to park further away.  When she was walking by, a fat middle age man got out of the car alone.  She said to him that he parked in a family spot, and he told her to drop dead.  Just imagine, a mother carrying a car seat, and another small kid with her, in the rain, and he said that!!!  He's lucky I wasn't there as I'd probably still be in jail, and he'd be dead, or a vegetable.

be Offline Wilfried

Reply #76 on: February 04, 2014, 05:45:29 PM
We are certainly confronted by a lot of traffic problems, which from time to time tend to drive us crazy, but what about driving around in India?

:D

I was there for a short while back in 1981, but I only took the bus or a rickshaw. You may rest assured it was something of an experience...

:o

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #77 on: February 04, 2014, 06:13:32 PM
Kind of like driving around the Arc de Triomphe, which I haven't done personally, but have been in a taxi.  It was just a tad scary!!  :ahhh

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #78 on: February 04, 2014, 08:33:13 PM
Having visited Canada recently I can honestly say you guys have nothing to complain about vs the jam packed parking (YPLAC - you park like a ...) here in Spain, with the "kiss and don't tell" approach to jamming your car into a space.

Being a fairly new driver, I do my best to at least be between the lines... and not scratch or dent my neighbours. I actually was sitting in my car one day and someone pulled in beside me and swung the door roughly into my car... TWICE. I was not amused, but it was pretty much a "that'll buff out" situation... I can believe people are so careless about other people's stuff.

What is the world coming to?  :facepalm:
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #79 on: February 04, 2014, 08:49:13 PM

I sometimes do doubleparking. Just because i have small children. With this action i am trying to avoid dents to cars next to me. Childrens take quite much space to get them out of the car. Some parking lots have more larger family parks, but they usually are taken by some small town car or some donkey, who rebels against families whom have been reserved parks closer to shops. This is irritating...

I read somewhere, that those baggy pants style, that shows underwear. In prison it would have meant, that you want to take it in the @ss...

I didn't think of it this way, so good point :tu:  That is the considerate thing to do in that case, although most people won't realize that's why you did it when they're looking for a parking spot.  I should do that too as I know exactly what you're talking about, especially with a baby and car seat to pull out of the doorway.  As for the baggy pants thing, that does seem like an invitation I suppose, now that you mention it...even more reason that it's a foolish trend ::)
K-Tibbs

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #80 on: February 04, 2014, 08:54:43 PM
We could simplify most of these lists to: "humanity irritates me". The Earth just got to crowded for our stone age brains to cope...   :D

I think you're onto something there :tu:
K-Tibbs

de Offline Sweety-Sama

• No Life Club
  • First and Only
Reply #81 on: February 04, 2014, 09:18:00 PM

I didn't think of it this way, so good point :tu:  That is the considerate thing to do in that case, although most people won't realize that's why you did it when they're looking for a parking spot.  I should do that too as I know exactly what you're talking about, especially with a baby and car seat to pull out of the doorway.  As for the baggy pants thing, that does seem like an invitation I suppose, now that you mention it...even more reason that it's a foolish trend ::)

For the car problem: across the road where I live is a park house where I park over night. It's a cramped building, even if everyone parks exactly in the middle of two lines, there is not much space left. So it's more annoying when people park on or over the line. Especially it's annoying when people are to lazy to walk a longer way and park right ON the ramp, so a free parking slot gets inaccessible to others.
I've got nothing against parents bringing their child to school, but it ticks me off, that most of them have to stop right inside the roundabout and let their kid get out and stopping the whole traffic right in the rush hour! :rant: It seems like they think they are the only one on earth! And then they look surprised when you hoot at them! There is a parking area just 5-10m away!

For the pants: it's as I heard too. An expert on TV told it was a silent signal to other prisoners that they are available to them (if you know what mean).

-----------------------------

I didn't start the fire...

be Offline Wilfried

Reply #82 on: February 04, 2014, 09:56:18 PM
Things that annoy me - part 3

Morning people       :(

People who appear to have had their sense of humour surgically removed.

People who read the previous category and are now going "huh?"

People who are so determined to be politically correct that they are no longer able to finish a sentence without the aid of a lawyer.        :facepalm:

Mothers who are somehow able to ignore the sound of a small child repeatedly shrieking "mom!" in the middle of a department store.     :ahhh 

People who try to convince you that the world is really a wonderful, sunny, cheerful place, if only you look at it right.     

People who, even if you pulled a gun on them, would not be able to wrap their minds around the concept that you really don't like them.       :viking:

People who repeat themselves....

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #83 on: February 04, 2014, 10:10:30 PM
Mothers who are somehow able to ignore the sound of a small child repeatedly shrieking "mom!" in the middle of a department store.     :ahhh 
That's something that you learn over time.  :)

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #84 on: February 04, 2014, 10:19:50 PM

Close, but I'm going for:  "Inconsiderate people irritate everyone else"   >:(  That seems to cover a lot of what annoys.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 10:23:54 PM by gregozedobe »
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

be Offline Wilfried

Reply #85 on: February 04, 2014, 11:34:51 PM

Close, but I'm going for:  "Inconsiderate people irritate everyone else"   >:(  That seems to cover a lot of what annoys.

True.    :tu:

Inconsiderate people are by definition selfish and selfishness is rooted in something else. But we cannot discuss things like this on this forum because that would involve going into matters of a religious and philisophical  / ideological-political nature.

That is as it should be.

Let's just go on complaining...       :rant:       :D

gb Offline Spatha

• d---^__^---b
Reply #86 on: February 05, 2014, 01:00:58 AM
Something that irritates me is Leatherman use those knurled pivot bolts on their MTs. The Wave and some Charges can use Torx heads, why not everything else?

My Wave has pentalobular security screws!   :poh:

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #87 on: February 05, 2014, 06:49:04 AM
I'm convinced the whole sagging pants fad was actually deliberately started by undercover police officers, in order to make it more difficult for gangsters (or wannabe gangsters) to run away from their uniformed brethren... :D

gb Online Magic Bus

• No Life Club
  • Ruler of the E01 society!!
Reply #88 on: February 05, 2014, 08:18:08 AM
I'm pretty laid back so not much gets to me. One thing though that does is the way a lot of drivers seem to think the normal rule of giving way to vehicles coming from the right do not apply at mini roundabouts. It's a free for all  >:(
Gabba gabba hey!!

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #89 on: February 05, 2014, 09:37:26 AM
I'm pretty laid back so not much gets to me. One thing though that does is the way a lot of drivers seem to think the normal rule of giving way to vehicles coming from the right do not apply at mini roundabouts. It's a free for all  >:(

In Australia the rule on roundabouts is that the vehicle first onto the roundabout has right of way over any not yet on the roundabout - so no giving way to the right rule.  What does confuse a lot is using indicators when entering and leaving a small roundabout.  The official rule says something like "use indicators where practicable" -  many people have NFI  >:(  I use the guiding principle of what would I do if it was a normal intersection without a roundabout.

These days most regular intersections have lights, Stop or Give Way signs so we are supposed to obey them (we have to give way from a Stop sign), so it is rare to have a situation where "give way to the right" would apply.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 09:42:15 AM by gregozedobe »
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%