Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Why do the Vic Cybertools Cost So Much?

us Offline Luna Knife

• No Life Club
Re: Why do the Vic Cybertools Cost So Much?
Reply #30 on: February 05, 2014, 02:12:50 AM
You left it there the first time?  :ahhh  :o  :ahhh

you are making me lose hope that it is still there :ahhh

us Offline ColoSwiss

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #31 on: February 05, 2014, 02:24:53 AM
This picture was before I started downsizing. I think the driver is handmade. I had 3 of them side by side on a brass rod in the open position and all 3 were open at different angles. I can't believe they were all bent. I thought they were stamped out, but now i don't know. Unless there is 3 different types? Like the 2 types of bit holders.

Tsk! Tsk! I at least spread my insanity around a bit.   :facepalm:

Nice collection BTW!  :cheers:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #32 on: February 05, 2014, 04:23:23 AM
Those are some really great picture GigaHz and Chako  :tu:

@Luna I sure hope its still there and at that price.

Esse Quam Videri

au Offline mr626

• We sell products and get in fights
Reply #33 on: February 06, 2014, 01:56:44 AM
I have noticed the price difference between the Champs and the Cybertools also. The 29 isn't too bad, but the 34 and 41 are quite a bit more expensive here in Aus land.

If any member has a 34 or 41 they'd like to sell please let me know- I'm not having much luck on Ebay.

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #34 on: February 06, 2014, 03:10:04 AM
I think GigaHz has a few spare  ???

Seriously tools are expensive in Oz eh?

I try various webshops in the UK, US and Europe - But it is pot luck whether they will ship to Oz.
I bought a Cybertool Lite from Amazon in the UK at a great price - £44 - Its list price was more, but they dropped the tax - Hoorah - However Amazon uk does not seem to ship knives to Oz anymore  >:( - nor does amazon.com.

Good Luck

au Offline mr626

Reply #35 on: February 06, 2014, 03:44:21 AM
I think GigaHz has a few spare  ???

Seriously tools are expensive in Oz eh?

I try various webshops in the UK, US and Europe - But it is pot luck whether they will ship to Oz.
I bought a Cybertool Lite from Amazon in the UK at a great price - £44 - Its list price was more, but they dropped the tax - Hoorah - However Amazon uk does not seem to ship knives to Oz anymore  >:( - nor does amazon.com.

Good Luck

Yeah, good old 'Australia Tax' at work unfortunately. I get all of my Leatherman stuff from USA. I mean, I don't mind paying and extra 10% or whatever and buying local, but I see prices like $280AUD for a Wave at my local shops...well the choice isn't a hard one.

And yes, have tried both Amazons, its a shame they just have a blanket 'no knives to Oz' rule, when in reality as long as it isn't OHO it is fine.

us Offline GigaHz

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: February 06, 2014, 12:09:21 PM
A used CT34 in nice shape usually goes for $45 here. Shipping to AUS was $20 last time I shipped to there. I would think you could do better on the AUS eBay?

au Offline mr626

Reply #37 on: February 06, 2014, 01:03:02 PM
A used CT34 in nice shape usually goes for $45 here. Shipping to AUS was $20 last time I shipped to there. I would think you could do better on the AUS eBay?

You'd think so, but cybertools don't seem to be that common locally. Am keeping my eyes peeled for one...

au Offline fozzy_au

Reply #38 on: February 06, 2014, 11:49:00 PM

You'd think so, but cybertools don't seem to be that common locally. Am keeping my eyes peeled for one...

They come up occasionally.  There were two late last year. I got a CT34 in near perfect condition with the leather sheath for $50 including postage just after Christmas.  At the same time there was a blue CT40 that didn't sell the first time for around $48 including postage, it sold just after that for not much more.  Neither were listed as Cybertools, just Swiss Army Knives.  If I see another one on there I'll try to remember to shoot you a PM.

au Offline mr626

Reply #39 on: February 06, 2014, 11:59:00 PM

They come up occasionally.  There were two late last year. I got a CT34 in near perfect condition with the leather sheath for $50 including postage just after Christmas.  At the same time there was a blue CT40 that didn't sell the first time for around $48 including postage, it sold just after that for not much more.  Neither were listed as Cybertools, just Swiss Army Knives.  If I see another one on there I'll try to remember to shoot you a PM.

Much appreciated. Yes, I'm noticing that searching for 'swiss army knives' tends to net more gems than other search terms

us Offline Luna Knife

• No Life Club
Reply #40 on: February 08, 2014, 07:35:11 PM
What cybertool has no scizzors or pliers?  Just the driver, bit rack and plus scales.  Kind of like a spartan plus with a driver added.

us Offline GigaHz

• No Life Club
Reply #41 on: February 08, 2014, 07:39:37 PM
CT 29?

Mod?

« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 07:42:57 PM by GigaHz »

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #42 on: February 08, 2014, 10:27:45 PM
What cybertool has no scizzors or pliers?  Just the driver, bit rack and plus scales.  Kind of like a spartan plus with a driver added.

Sounds like the CT 29! :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD