Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Walking Sticks and canes.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Walking Sticks and canes.
on: February 05, 2014, 09:01:29 PM
I seem to have this thing about walking sticks and canes. When my father was ill, he used these ugly heartless aluminum canes that you can buy anywhere at any pharmacist. Then I found out that one of the Janitors had a hobby of making wooden canes. I asked him to bring over a few and I selected one and presented it as an early birthday gift. Of course, he only used it for a few months before passing away but that is another story best left unsaid. Now, whenever I see a beautiful walking stick or cane, I tend to take it home with me. The funny thing is that I don't actively look for them. They sort of find me in some instances. Now I have around 10 pieces, 5 canes and 5 walking sticks. I store them in a metal pot by the front door.

I know a few others are into this sort of thing...thought I would share my little collection.  :salute:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Re: Walking Sticks and canes.
Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 06:18:54 AM
Nice collection.  I only have two at present, but I'll try to get a pic at some point.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 06:38:13 AM
Cool, I only have two myself, one that I completely made myself, and one that I bought and just added a few things to.. The one I never completely finished, it still needs a wrist strap, and I can't find myself to use it let alone complete it, the other is a little taller, and is my hiking survival staff, but I haven't gone on any hikes in ages. But I still do go for long walks and need something I can just beat up, not a can, yet not a staff, something in between, I was thinking of getting a rake handle and just cutting it to size and putting a rubber cap on the bottom and a paracord handle and wrist strap on it, but in all do time I guess.. JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 02:30:16 PM
Very nice guys.

that's us mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!