Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gerber Parts Compatibility Question

ca Offline Toolslinger

• Thread Killer 2015
  • No Life Club
  • Ser Tool the Slinger, The Tool That Rides
Gerber Parts Compatibility Question
on: March 02, 2014, 02:43:40 AM
I've been looking at maybe modding my Gerber MP600 and/or Pro Scout and was looking for some info.

Did some digging in the forum for other MP series mods and found a few, but the threads were all quite old. I figured I'd start a new one to hopefully get some answers from those of you who have modded Gerbers before.

Are the parts from the Diesel, MP400 and MP600 series tools interchangeable? ie can I put Diesel parts into a 400 or 600 without doing much or any modding to the tools or parts?

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Re: Gerber Parts Compatibility Question
Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 04:55:59 PM
Pivot size and shape are identical, yet not all tools will fit every tool or every stlot.
Long tools will only fit on the outside and teh choice of shorter tools in the middle slots is somewhat limited on the shorter MP 400 chassis.
Then you have to keep the differing thickness in mind, when combining unusual tools, you may have to use shims.

Show us what you create!

ca Offline Toolslinger

• Thread Killer 2015
  • No Life Club
  • Ser Tool the Slinger, The Tool That Rides
Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 07:57:20 PM
Pivot size and shape are identical, yet not all tools will fit every tool or every stlot.
Long tools will only fit on the outside and teh choice of shorter tools in the middle slots is somewhat limited on the shorter MP 400 chassis.
Then you have to keep the differing thickness in mind, when combining unusual tools, you may have to use shims.

Show us what you create!

Awesome. Thanks for the info. Now I'll just go pull the trigger on a few purchases I'd been holding off on...

Gotta love the enabling this forum encourages :cheers:.

I will have to look at getting a decent camera next so I can start posting pics :D.

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 10:18:28 PM
Before buying whole tools for single implements, don´t be shy to ask around here - Many members have a parts box.

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 01:06:06 AM
Before buying whole tools for single implements, don´t be shy to ask around here - Many members have a parts box.
And some eBay sellers flog off lots of broken MTs - this can (sometimes) be a cheap way of getting parts.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%