Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

Skinth Loadout Thread! 44026

No Life Club Posts: 4,896 Τετραφάρμακος
Skinth Loadout Thread!
« on: February 11, 2014, 09:59:00 PM »
I admit it, the Skinth virus didn't spare me. I ordered mine and since I don't know when it will reach this corner of the world and my eyes are hungry for Skinth loadouts, I thought that a Skinth Loadout Thread might help the fever deescalate a bit. There is one in another forum but I want to see what my pals are using. Let's go!

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,877
Re: Skinth Loadout Thread!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 10:18:18 PM »
I've seen the one on EDCF, and it prompted me to by an S-Shield and an L-Shield just yesterday.  I can't wait to get them.  I'll be sure to post pics here once they're loaded.

- Terry

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me...
Sr. Member Posts: 383
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 02:11:03 AM »
M shield
Vic USB
Vic traveler lite
Fisher space pen
Streamlight micro stream

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like bowls, they contain chaos.
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 7,330 Tool Carrying Linux User - I'm Iron Man!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 03:30:30 AM »
Skinth Shield 2XL

size

Safety Pin
Awl made from MUT bit
Ferro Rod
Bit Extender
full bit kit, both cards, in a smaller holder
Charge TTi
Space Pen
Mag Lite Solitaire LED
eye-glass screwdriver kit

I have enough room left for a Vic Compact,  or if I Revmove the TTi, I can easily fir a PST and a Rebar in it's place

If I can help, let me know 
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,685 Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 03:52:28 AM »
XL shield

St300
Croc
Bits
test light
Chapman ratchet
locking bit holder

the endura and light rid in my pockets
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 11:27:08 PM by enki_ck »

Defend the Hive!!!
Sr. Member Posts: 383
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 03:52:57 AM »
I have been trying to figure out a way to carry the Vic ratchet and extension set. I think I could do it in an l shield. Just waiting to pull the trigger on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like bowls, they contain chaos.
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 06:55:14 AM »
The Ratchet and extension fit inside an OD Victorinox seath, beside the Spirit. A bit kit fits on the back. But no place for a light or anything else, that's why Skinths are well thought.

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 06:56:17 PM »

Here's my temporary configuration, waiting for my Skinth. The ratchet and adapter fit together with the Spirit. I exchanged the adapter with a generic that can be used with powered tools, has a magnet, is shorter, has less play and makes a nice T handle for better torque.
A bit kit fits in the open pocket of the seath. My custom philips driver adapter gives me options: I can use it with the Spirit's or the Swisschamp's Philips driver at will.

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 11,776
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 07:04:37 PM »
Today Skinth load out

Explorer Plus
LM Juice S2
MiniChamp

Other load outs
Spirit
L wrench and bits
Thrunite Tis AAA
2 Bandaids
Mini Pen

Wave
2 bitcards
Tis
Mini pen

Esse Quam Videri
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 07:07:57 PM »
And I started thinking that Skinths aren't that popular in this forum!  :salute:

Now I hope for more. FEED MY HUNGRY EYES!  :pok:

PS:  I ove that Juice lanyard. It is very Hawaiian!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 07:09:42 PM by kkokkolis »

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2014, 04:08:06 PM »
S-Shield with Cybertool 34 & ARC AAA-P

I had previously carred the CT34 in a Victorinox Zermatt large pouch, which is considerably larger and bulkier than the S-shield and has no room for any extras.  The Zermatt large is just big enough to fit the CT34 or Champion.  Amazingly, the slimmer S-Shield is large enough to carry a Swisschamp or a Cybertool 41, with no extra room.  An extra large Zermatt pouch is required to do the same, and is MUCH larger than the S-Shield

- Terry

Thread Killer 2015 No Life Club Posts: 2,380 Ser Tool the Slinger, The Tool That Rides
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2014, 05:01:07 PM »
:drool: All these pics of Skinths and tools is making me want a Skinth. Heck, make that several. Now I just need to decide which ones and what colors while I cobble together the funds to get them...
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 11,776
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2014, 05:08:36 PM »
:drool: All these pics of Skinths and tools is making me want a Skinth. Heck, make that several. Now I just need to decide which ones and what colors while I cobble together the funds to get them...

This is the dilemma for most I'm sure at least I know it is for me. 

Esse Quam Videri
Thread Killer 2015 No Life Club Posts: 2,380 Ser Tool the Slinger, The Tool That Rides
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2014, 07:27:30 PM »

This is the dilemma for most I'm sure at least I know it is for me.

Of course the standard MT.O response is "Get all of them!" :P

Think I'll probably go with a couple sizes of the Shield series as it looks to have the layout to fit my usual tool combos.
Global Moderator Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 19,999 I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2014, 09:08:41 PM »
Very cool carry, Terry. :tu: Really liking that Skinth. Would a Fisher Bullet or a Zebra Telescopic fit in the other side tube?
Full Member Posts: 225
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2014, 09:16:32 PM »
sorry for the glare.  i should take a newer one, but it hasn't changed much from this:

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2014, 09:48:12 PM »
Very encouranging. What is it, a Trailblazer?

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2014, 11:14:06 PM »
Very cool carry, Terry. :tu: Really liking that Skinth. Would a Fisher Bullet or a Zebra Telescopic fit in the other side tube?

A Zebra might fit.  I tried a bullet with the CT34 and ARC in there, but it was just too tight.  I think a pen would fit fine with a 5-layer SAK like a Ranger though, or of course one narrower than that.  I'll try that tonight and see what I can fit in there with the ARC and Bullet.

I think it's pretty cool that this little pouch can comfortably carry any cellidor SAK I own, then I can use any extra room I might have to fit it out with other goodies.

- Terry

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2014, 01:21:53 AM »

I tested it out with the ARC AAA and a Bullet pen in the outer pockets, and a five-layer SAK such as a Ranger or Woodsman fits in there comfortably.  You actually can >squeeze< the CT41 or Champion in there with both, but it's too snug for my liking.

Here it is with a Woodsman, which is maybe 3mm wider than a Ranger.  The pouch isn't very deep--the bullet is fully inserted here and wouldn't be held in by the flap.

- Terry

Full Member Posts: 225
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2014, 11:33:25 PM »
oops, sorry.  mine's a magnum.

i find myself now needing a catch-all.
Global Moderator Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 19,999 I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2014, 11:48:00 PM »
Thanks for the pics, Terry. :tu:
Full Member Posts: 215
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2014, 08:45:53 AM »
Well my Skinth flu has been extended with a purchase of Skinth Magnum.. here is my current load out

* LM Surge
* Fenix E12 - Side Tube
* Ontario Rat M2 Black (Black Teflon blade) - Side Tube
* County Comm Pocket 4" Pry Bar (Paracord wrapped)
* 21 Bit card
* Bit Extender
* TEC Centipede

Modded two 2" webbing at the back
* Samsung Pen
* Black Sharpie.

MAIN EDC: Skinth Mondo Shield with Leatherman Surge v2, Victorinox Alox Pioneer, Fenix E12, Bit Extender, Bit Card & TEC Centipede.

POCKET EDC: Leatherman Skeletool CX, Titanium KeyBar With Cold Steel Micro Recon 1, Recycled Firefighter wallet, Bellroy Note Sleeve Wallet, Kershaw Emerson CQC 8K, The RIT (Rapid Intervention Tool), Hardcore Hardware TWI1 Tactical Pen.

WRIST EDC: G-Shock GA-110TS-1A4 & FitBit Charge
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2014, 09:02:27 AM »
Nice!
I see that most loadouts contain a Sharpie. This is available at a few places, here but it isn't that popular. I wonder what benefits it has.

Full Member Posts: 215
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2014, 09:32:28 AM »
For me I have to write on Demo boxes etc when visiting a store or write on brochures and a standard pen wouldn't work...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

MAIN EDC: Skinth Mondo Shield with Leatherman Surge v2, Victorinox Alox Pioneer, Fenix E12, Bit Extender, Bit Card & TEC Centipede.

POCKET EDC: Leatherman Skeletool CX, Titanium KeyBar With Cold Steel Micro Recon 1, Recycled Firefighter wallet, Bellroy Note Sleeve Wallet, Kershaw Emerson CQC 8K, The RIT (Rapid Intervention Tool), Hardcore Hardware TWI1 Tactical Pen.

WRIST EDC: G-Shock GA-110TS-1A4 & FitBit Charge
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2014, 09:44:41 AM »
I might add one when I get my Skinth. I've seen them in the airport but they should have them in big bookstores also. I avoided such writing utensils because they get dry after some time. I use Parker pens and mechanical pencils (a lot when studying for medicine and psychiatry) but I'd like to try Fisher space pen too. I ordered Mole webbing on my Skinth too so there will be enough place for two writing instruments.

Sr. Member Posts: 333 Fixin' things in jersey...
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2014, 07:07:00 PM »
I just ordered my first skinth. A steel grey XL shield. 3-4 weeks is going to feel like a lifetime...
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2014, 05:38:39 PM »
3-4 weeks is going to feel like a lifetime...

:tu:

Tell me about it.  I'm about 20 days in waiting for my last order...
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 05:44:55 PM by NutSAK »

- Terry

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2014, 06:06:51 PM »
In the meantime I'm looking at Maxpeditions, although the don't share the same sex appeal and  I don't need any. My setup is determined: The Skinth CatchAll as a bag in bag for multitools/ SAKs and their accessories and the current opentop bag in bag for e-cigs, MnMs, PEGcs, wipes, pens, sunglasses etc. I now have everything in that opentop bag and it become crowded and fat. This bag is convenient as I can pick everything without taking the bag out and looking at it. But when I fix something I'm going to take out the Skinth toolbox anyway.
But I need a passtime during these long weeks.

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2014, 11:17:42 PM »
A whole month since I ordered. Do you get a message from Skinthsolutions when the item is ready to ship?

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2014, 12:31:38 AM »
A whole month since I ordered. Do you get a message from Skinthsolutions when the item is ready to ship?

Have you PM-d Metropolicity about it?

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $95.00
PayPal Fees: $5.38
Net Balance: $89.62
Below Goal: $185.38
Site Currency: USD
33% 
March Donations

Community Links