Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Skinth Loadout Thread!

kkokkolis · 589 · 100844

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Re: Skinth Loadout Thread!
Reply #510 on: August 24, 2018, 12:26:51 PM
Out of curiosity, isn’t it unpleasant to carry that much stuff in one belt mounted pouch / sheath?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me it is.

I started off buying the Skinth Magnum as it was the only one with side tubes big enough to fit my EDC Light at the time and once loaded I simply cold not live with it.
They really do hold so much it is deceptive somehow and I decided to find a way to shrink what I carried and find a smaller Skinth to be able to make it work for me.

So my EDC Skinth is much more compact but still carries pretty much what I really need,I like it so much that I have identical Skinth with 2 different loads each built around a different MT!
I also lost the first one and got a replacement which of course made me find the lost one.

The Magnum sits alone in a drawer.
Alright maybe not alone,I ended up with 2 Magnum too before I realized how honkin' huge they are? :facepalm: :oops:
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 12:28:36 PM by ezdog »

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #511 on: August 24, 2018, 09:07:41 PM
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

ca Offline BCNZ

Reply #512 on: August 25, 2018, 01:17:44 AM
Out of curiosity, isn’t it unpleasant to carry that much stuff in one belt mounted pouch / sheath?

I don't belt carry mine.  It lives in the center console of my truck, or sometimes in my pack if I'm in the alpine/bush for work.

ca Offline BCNZ

Reply #513 on: August 25, 2018, 01:22:08 AM

For me it is.

I started off buying the Skinth Magnum as it was the only one with side tubes big enough to fit my EDC Light at the time and once loaded I simply cold not live with it.
They really do hold so much it is deceptive somehow and I decided to find a way to shrink what I carried and find a smaller Skinth to be able to make it work for me.

So my EDC Skinth is much more compact but still carries pretty much what I really need,I like it so much that I have identical Skinth with 2 different loads each built around a different MT!
I also lost the first one and got a replacement which of course made me find the lost one.

The Magnum sits alone in a drawer.
Alright maybe not alone,I ended up with 2 Magnum too before I realized how honkin' huge they are? :facepalm: :oops:

I've been looking at buying a bigger Skinth so I can carry everything that I have in my OG+ as well as a small notebook.  The Magnum looks like it has a space for a notebook.  Do you know what size will fit in there?  Any pics?   :pok:

nl Offline LanWolf

• */ Just A Byte */
Reply #514 on: August 30, 2018, 07:02:07 PM
Got my Mondo shield last week but it looks my front pocket is too small. When i look at the site the bankcard should go in further, and it looks if my bit kit wont fit either. Cant close with bit kit and surge.
In My old l shield the bit kit rides way deeper.
Anyone seen this before ? I already tried to mail them but after almost a week still no answer.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #515 on: September 02, 2018, 01:10:36 AM
That's pretty disappointing   :(

nl Offline LanWolf

• */ Just A Byte */
Reply #516 on: September 03, 2018, 12:40:31 PM
Got a reply that it was redesigned that way beacuse they found it to deep  :facepalm:

But this way it is unusabe with my surge, and with the wave the bit kit dit fit but fall out when bending over to much :facepalm:

Just a waste of 45usd

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #517 on: September 03, 2018, 12:44:03 PM
Does that line of stitching at the bottom join any material behind or is it just there to form the bottom of the pocket?

us Offline superpaco

• Bigly bragadocious
Reply #518 on: September 14, 2018, 12:39:10 AM
So I'm still hemming and hawing over which Skinth i should be buying. I find the promise of carrying my light in the same sheath with my Leatherman ST300 really attractive. I would really like to keep the light I edc now but it won't fit in the Skinth XL and I'm not sure I'll love the less compact Skinth OG where it is sure to fit. So, now I'm considering switching out my light from a Milwaukee 2×AAA penlight to a Fenix e12 in the hopes that it will fit in the XL.

I am hoping one of you fine folks has an XL, an ST300, bit driver, and a similarly sized light (3.5" × .75" or 90mm × 19mm according to manufacturer's  website). To see if these things will fit together. Here's to hoping. :hatsoff:
Life is hard. If it wasn't, everyone would do it.

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Skinth Loadout Thread!
Reply #519 on: September 14, 2018, 02:50:33 AM
So I'm still hemming and hawing over which Skinth i should be buying. I find the promise of carrying my light in the same sheath with my Leatherman ST300 really attractive. I would really like to keep the light I edc now but it won't fit in the Skinth XL and I'm not sure I'll love the less compact Skinth OG where it is sure to fit. So, now I'm considering switching out my light from a Milwaukee 2×AAA penlight to a Fenix e12 in the hopes that it will fit in the XL.

I am hoping one of you fine folks has an XL, an ST300, bit driver, and a similarly sized light (3.5" × .75" or 90mm × 19mm according to manufacturer's  website). To see if these things will fit together. Here's to hoping. :hatsoff:

The problem with the shield series and the Milwaukee AAA light is that the side tubes on a shield have closed bottoms.
So the 2aaa light will just stick out the top but any single cell light should slide right in there.

Here is a Jetbeam AA light in an XL Shield and the Milwaukee in the open tube of an OG.

All Shield side pockets are closed on the end.

us Offline superpaco

• Bigly bragadocious
Reply #520 on: October 03, 2018, 11:28:17 PM
Ok so the LM Bit Card will fit in the outside pocket of a L Shield like the pocket was made for it. Pretty sure it was btw.

It will also fit in the main pouch with the Wave.

There is no way to fit both of them though. They will both fit but the flap will not reach to snap close and it is way to tight even if it did for my tastes.

Pictures.

Can I ask you what flashlight you have in there?

au Online ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #521 on: October 08, 2018, 12:16:12 PM
I've had this OG+ for a while, it's had different configurations of tools/knives in it over the years, but for the last year-and-a-half it's been carrying these items and has lived mostly in the center console of my truck.

:like:
Is that a steel tube with screw cap?
Could you please tell me where you got it, or how it is called?

bavaria Offline Tomcat_81

Reply #522 on: October 08, 2018, 07:40:10 PM
... @reamer: my best guess is that we're encountering a pico pen...
Sent from my Boconcept sofa, using the 'post'-button

Owing a beer to Whoey since 2016

ca Offline BCNZ

Reply #523 on: October 09, 2018, 04:41:25 AM
I've had this OG+ for a while, it's had different configurations of tools/knives in it over the years, but for the last year-and-a-half it's been carrying these items and has lived mostly in the center console of my truck.

:like:
Is that a steel tube with screw cap?
Could you please tell me where you got it, or how it is called?

Tomcat is correct, the small tube in the front right pocket is a Tec Accessories Pico Pen.

au Online ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #525 on: November 20, 2018, 02:09:51 AM
Ok so the LM Bit Card will fit in the outside pocket of a L Shield like the pocket was made for it. Pretty sure it was btw.

There is no way to fit both of them though. They will both fit but the flap will not reach to snap close and it is way to tight even if it did for my tastes.

Pictures.

Sorry, been away for a while.

The flashlight is a Lumintop ToolVN. A modded flashlight pushing 600 Lumens or so.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #526 on: November 20, 2018, 05:48:29 AM
Welcome back Harley !   :cheers:

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #527 on: November 25, 2018, 04:24:30 PM
Welcome back Harley !   :cheers:

Thanks.

Took a contractor job and been out of the country for a while. Turns out every place in the world does not have the internet.

Who knew?

us Offline superpaco

• Bigly bragadocious
Reply #528 on: November 25, 2018, 10:27:53 PM

Pictures.

Sorry, been away for a while.

The flashlight is a Lumintop ToolVN. A modded flashlight pushing 600 Lumens or so.

Thanks for the steer, buddy. Welcome back stateside!
 :cheers:

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #529 on: December 24, 2018, 05:31:50 PM
So I am thinking about picking up a Swisstool X for the better scissors then on my Spirit and for something different.

Which Shield will fit the Swisstool well?

Thanks

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #530 on: December 24, 2018, 06:11:45 PM
Good to see you Harley   :tu:    Merry Christmas   :cheers:

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #531 on: December 25, 2018, 02:20:54 AM
So I am thinking about picking up a Swisstool X for the better scissors then on my Spirit and for something different.

Thanks
This is an M Shield and it seems about perfect for this particular loadout.
This is also the smallest Shield that I have.

I would also just ask Metro what he suggests too,he has done a lot of these!

Swisstool Spirit X
Leatherman Bit Adapter kit and bits
Streamlight MicroStream

And there is an empty front and left side slip you might find something else to cram into?

Overall a nice compact but powerful little package!

« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 02:25:35 AM by ezdog »

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #532 on: December 25, 2018, 03:57:58 AM

Thanks

Swisstool Spirit X
Streamlight MicroStream

And there is an empty front and left side slip you might find something else to cram into?

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Thanks a lot for posting this.

Unfortunately I was asking about the larger Swisstool X and not the Spirit.

I also carry a Spirit everyday in a Large Shield.

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #533 on: December 25, 2018, 04:15:05 AM
Well let me find the big dog and try again! :dunno:

Does it not fit in the L Shield?
I do have a 2L Shield but I need to find the tool first,I know I saw it recently somewhere?

Thanks

Swisstool Spirit X
Streamlight MicroStream

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Thanks a lot for posting this.

Unfortunately I was asking about the larger Swisstool X and not the Spirit.

I also carry a Spirit everyday in a Large Shield.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 04:22:55 AM by ezdog »

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #534 on: December 25, 2018, 04:13:57 PM
OK I found the Swisstool and tried it in a few holsters but don't have time right now to get pics up but will get back to it later.

What else do you plan to carry if anything in the holster?

The tool fits in the 2XL Skinth and the flap will snap closed but it also swims around in there if just by itself.

Playing around a little I remembered why I switched to the Spirit in the first place too,there is a significant weight reduction it seems while also feeling better in hand to mein general.

But again let me know what all you are thinking of carrying and I will see if I can show you what it looks like.

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #535 on: December 26, 2018, 04:24:28 AM
OK I found the Swisstool and tried it in a few holsters but don't have time right now to get pics up but will get back to it later.

What else do you plan to carry if anything in the holster?

The tool fits in the 2XL Skinth and the flap will snap closed but it also swims around in there if just by itself.

Playing around a little I remembered why I switched to the Spirit in the first place too,there is a significant weight reduction it seems while also feeling better in hand to mein general.

But again let me know what all you are thinking of carrying and I will see if I can show you what it looks like.

Very cool.

So a Swisstool, Modded but still the same size Lumintop Tool flashlight and a Space Pen.

Not much else I could need but if there is space left might add something.

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #536 on: December 26, 2018, 05:13:58 PM
So here is the 2XL with Swisstool,Leatherman Bit Adapter Kit in front pocket,Maratac AA Twisty in one side and a Micra in the other side.

I think you can see that the main pocket will still easily take another Leatherman bit card and maybe 2 of them!

The only note I would make is that if you stick another thing that is too tall in there then the flap does not want to snap shut.
I imagine that is the problem you are having with the regular XL as well?
I think the Swisstool would even be fine in a Medium if the flap only snapped a little further down the front or had Velcro closure instead?

On the other hand I am certain that you can find more things to load in the 2XL if you need to too!

I have no idea how big the Tool is and I can't find my Space Pen but you can likely slide 3 of them easily in front of the tool and a couple where the Micra is I am sure too.

I do have many other lights if you want me to try a different one,just ask.

Hope this helps.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 05:21:56 PM by ezdog »

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #537 on: April 28, 2019, 11:37:36 AM
:bump:

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #538 on: October 12, 2019, 03:36:39 PM
So here is the 2XL with Swisstool,Leatherman Bit Adapter Kit in front pocket,Maratac AA Twisty in one side and a Micra in the other side.

I think you can see that the main pocket will still easily take another Leatherman bit card and maybe 2 of them!

The only note I would make is that if you stick another thing that is too tall in there then the flap does not want to snap shut.
I imagine that is the problem you are having with the regular XL as well?
I think the Swisstool would even be fine in a Medium if the flap only snapped a little further down the front or had Velcro closure instead?

On the other hand I am certain that you can find more things to load in the 2XL if you need to too!

I have no idea how big the Tool is and I can't find my Space Pen but you can likely slide 3 of them easily in front of the tool and a couple where the Micra is I am sure too.

I do have many other lights if you want me to try a different one,just ask.

Hope this helps.

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Thanks again EZ.

So I picked up a larger Skinth and am waiting on the Swiss Tool.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #539 on: November 01, 2019, 03:27:43 PM
:bump:

No multitool in my Skinth today!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31