Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

ASK The Jefferson Plus

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
ASK The Jefferson Plus
on: October 01, 2023, 02:28:47 AM
I am sure I am not the only one on this forum that has been waiting patiently for Mr. Medford to come up with a scissor option for the “American Service Knife.”  Well if you do not mind spending some quality time with a few carbide burrs then you can put in some Victorinox scissors to make your very own “American Swiss Knife.” May not be  magnacut or S45VN he uses, but works good enough for me.

* IMG_0598.jpg (Filesize: 165.35 KB)

* IMG_0599.jpg (Filesize: 152.24 KB)

* IMG_0600.jpg (Filesize: 150.15 KB)
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: ASK The Jefferson Plus
Reply #1 on: October 01, 2023, 05:23:53 AM
Looks great, pa :salute: don't really know much about this brand (well anything actually :think: :D ) :cheers: :like:

us Offline BPRoberts

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: October 01, 2023, 01:36:49 PM
I look at his website once a month or so. I'd like to pick one up someday, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Neat mod!

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #3 on: October 01, 2023, 02:49:28 PM
I just realized we do not have any post on the site about the American Service Knife (ASK).  :think: Came out a year or so ago. I wanted a magnacut version of the ASK Jefferson knife so I purchased one early when they first came out. Now he uses S45VN for all the implements. I am not connected to him or any other knife manufacturer for that matter so I have posted a YouTube and his website if you want to know more about it.

https://www.youtube.com/live/piOqqVk44ww?si=dsd93Y3JyUN5j3-h

https://www.askknife.com/
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: October 01, 2023, 03:46:17 PM
Thanks pa :salute: will check it out :cheers: :like:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #5 on: October 01, 2023, 08:08:47 PM
Looks great, pa :salute: don't really know much about this brand (well anything actually :think: :D ) :cheers: :like:

+1

Looks pretty cool! Thanks for sharing.

:cheers: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: October 02, 2023, 04:35:37 AM
Looks like one those Swiss knives.
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: October 05, 2023, 04:50:53 PM
Nice job on the mod!

I looked at these ASK a while ago, and may still get one at some point, but haven’t yet been able to bring myself to pull the trigger on one.

I think it’s great to see MTs offered in premium steel.  (Kudos also to LM for some offerings with 154CM.). I feel like Vic is missing the boat here.

However, the price at $240 was a real turn-off.  I would gladly pay 2x, 3x, or even 5x the price of a comparable SAK for a similar tool with premium steel, but felt that 10x was a bridge too far.  Also disappointed to still be getting plastic scales at that price; would prefer titanium, or at least G10.

Finally, the tool selection is very limited and basic, even compared to base model SAKs like the Spartan and Pioneer.

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #8 on: October 05, 2023, 05:00:38 PM
Nice job on the mod!

I looked at these ASK a while ago, and may still get one at some point, but haven’t yet been able to bring myself to pull the trigger on one.

I think it’s great to see MTs offered in premium steel.  (Kudos also to LM for some offerings with 154CM.). I feel like Vic is missing the boat here.

However, the price at $240 was a real turn-off.  I would gladly pay 2x, 3x, or even 5x the price of a comparable SAK for a similar tool with premium steel, but felt that 10x was a bridge too far.  Also disappointed to still be getting plastic scales at that price; would prefer titanium, or at least G10.

Finally, the tool selection is very limited and basic, even compared to base model SAKs like the Spartan and Pioneer.

They are pricey for sure. I would keep an eye on eBay. I have seen a few go for just over $100-150. Still, a lot to pay, but I really like three things about them. 1. Made in USA 2. Premium materials 3. Modular platform. Super easy to disassemble, just need a regular Torx driver.

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: October 06, 2023, 06:04:04 PM
I would keep an eye on eBay. I have seen a few go for just over $100-150.
Thanks.  If I could get one in decent shape for $100-$125, I would probably snag it.

This puts ASK in the same boat as some other knife companies for me, i.e. I know they make quality knives and I’ll pick one up if and when I can get a good deal on one, but just can’t bring myself to pay full retail for them.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%