Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Custom Victorinox Knife

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Custom Victorinox Knife
Reply #30 on: January 15, 2007, 11:55:56 AM
I think another consideration here that folks won't take into account if they design their own tool, is something that the modders in SOSAK have discovered the hard way.  Certain tool combinations are designed to go together and may not work with certain other combinations.  Each implement has a very precise design, width and backspring that may not always lend itself to other implements opposite it.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #31 on: January 15, 2007, 12:50:43 PM
thanks def.

regarding an vic custom shop that may work on usa. will think about it. point is some machinery to assemble it correct would be needed and that cost. and swissarmybrands usa wont do that.

second the stock of parts needed cost and the labor, ya now i get an fortune for my work LOL. no the price would be higher than an stock model for sure. and i dont bellive there is enough orders to be economical.

let me discuss this as i get my us visa.

You're probably right.  Still, a good idea, even thoughthe mechanics doesn't pan out ;)
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

Offline Icheatpeople

Reply #32 on: January 15, 2007, 05:09:48 PM
I think another consideration here that folks won't take into account if they design their own tool, is something that the modders in SOSAK have discovered the hard way.  Certain tool combinations are designed to go together and may not work with certain other combinations.  Each implement has a very precise design, width and backspring that may not always lend itself to other implements opposite it.

Def

thats verry truh, no other knife is that tough to make to work as an rivetted sak! you may think yes it looks easy and it should fit but it wont for minor differences, lern that the hard way too.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%