Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Blade Show 2008 - CRKT Booth

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Blade Show 2008 - CRKT Booth
on: June 02, 2008, 03:11:34 AM
Nothing new out of CRKT since our team got together at the SHOT show, the only tool that is "new" and yet to be released was the Get-A-Way driver. Overall the concept seemed pretty neat, screwdriver device with a place to store bits in the handle. The tool has various features such the ability to use the driver at an angle to use more leverage on screw heads. Built in LED light at one end of the tool makes it convient for finding that elusive keyhole in the dark. The tool has a prybar/bottle opener on the bottom, you can see it in the pictures below, seems pretty straight forward. The only thing I would not have use for on it is the oxygen wrench, if your an EMT or Fireman who knows the possibilities. The tool/driver is suppose to work in conjunction with the zilla tool jr., the driver head on the Get-A-Way accepts regular sized hex bit while the Jr takes specialty ones. This switch from the Get-A-Way to the Zilla gives the Zilla the abbility to use any standard size hex bit.

The Lumabiner was not at the show but I was assured it would be out soon as well. The GAD will be $16.99 which is a steal in my opinion, the biner will be $29.99.

Get-A-Way and Lil' Guppie

Breakdown of the driver

Underside of Get-A-Way driver

Other than the Get-A-Way driver they also had the Guppie's and the Zilla's, took some pics of the other tools too. Comparisons in size and what not. With not much at the booth I was looking for something to take pictures of.

us Offline Spoonrobot

• No Life Club
Re: Blade Show 2008 - CRKT Booth
Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 05:52:24 AM
I was amazed at how small the Lil' Guppie and Lil' Zilla were in real life. To see comparative pictures on-line is one thing but holding them in my hands I was shocked at the tininess.

The bottle-opener on the Get-away driver seems in the way to me also but I figure when I get one I'll just remove it since it's held in place with four Torx screws. The tool had a really nice polish and felt very well put-together. 

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 01:30:54 AM
It didn't occur to me until recently that the Get-A-Way Driver probably just evolved from the on-board gadget attached to the original Guppie.

Whattya think?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 02:50:30 AM
Yeah, I thought the same thing.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline max6166

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 09:13:51 PM
I have been looking for a small dedicated driver solution for a while.

The Get-a-way driver is a neat little tool, but I can't help but wish they had solely focused on the driver aspect and gone just a little further with the driver features and not tried to add any other functions.

Unless I am mistaken, it only handles the 4 basic screws that virtually every other keychain tool handles. And though using standard bits is great so that you can cheaply customize the selection, it can still only store 4 of them?

I would gladly pay a premium for custom or double-sided bits, as I am sure many others would. Anything to make it more versatile.

The second issue for me is the inability to deal with recessed screws. Any sort of extension mechanism would have really set this tool apart. Whether it was a separate attachment or a Cybertool type mechanism.

It is a novel idea and at a great price. I guess it is just not targeted for my market...

[

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD