Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What did you just get?

pfrsantos · 11977 · 453090

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Re: What did you just get?
Reply #4290 on: April 29, 2018, 07:14:44 PM
Custom Wenger like a 63 with textured aluminum scales and phillips screwdriver in place of corkscrew.

* IMG_0896.JPG (Filesize: 17.73 KB)

* IMG_0897.JPG (Filesize: 17.43 KB)
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #4291 on: April 29, 2018, 07:17:53 PM
Also received a custom Victorinox SwissChamp with transparent scales. Really like this to show off internal mechanisms in action.

* IMG_0898.JPG (Filesize: 21.24 KB)

* IMG_0900.JPG (Filesize: 23.19 KB)

* IMG_0899.JPG (Filesize: 23.69 KB)
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

se Offline RF52

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4292 on: April 29, 2018, 07:19:32 PM
Also received a custom Victorinox SwissChamp with transparent scales. Really like this to show off internal mechanisms in action.
That's very cool

Sent fra min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #4293 on: April 30, 2018, 09:51:24 AM
That's very cool

+1 - What's the story behind those scales then Pa?
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #4294 on: April 30, 2018, 01:47:55 PM

super kewl!  :like:

I received a simple humble T-Shirt and an arduino kit this week  :salute:

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #4295 on: April 30, 2018, 01:54:26 PM
Love that T-shirt TP very nice  :like: :like: :tu:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #4296 on: April 30, 2018, 06:10:18 PM

cool to show the loyalty  :cheers:

I bought it from your land, the Uniqlo UK store, just in case you want to check them out  :salute:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #4297 on: April 30, 2018, 08:16:24 PM

cool to show the loyalty  :cheers:

(Image removed from quote.)

I bought it from your land, the Uniqlo UK store, just in case you want to check them out  :salute:
Looking good  :like: :like: :tu:
Thanks for the info I will have a look  :cheers:

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #4298 on: May 01, 2018, 02:57:42 AM
That's very cool

Sorry for delayed reply, got this mod to show boyscouts and over grown scouts like myself the internal springs in action. Really like it.

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #4299 on: May 02, 2018, 02:21:44 PM
That's very cool

Sorry for delayed reply, got this mod to show boyscouts and over grown scouts like myself the internal springs in action. Really like it.
Nice... saw a similar mod to this  on youtube... done by Rene?

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #4300 on: May 02, 2018, 07:20:25 PM
Got it waaay back but finally since we got some warm weather we got to use it, used it once and decided to lower it and put some stone around it, then used it again last night, it’s nice!
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

se Offline RF52

Reply #4301 on: May 02, 2018, 07:26:44 PM
Got it waaay back but finally since we got some warm weather we got to use it, used it once and decided to lower it and put some stone around it, then used it again last night, it’s nice!
JR
Looks great

de Offline CeHo

• No Life Club
Reply #4302 on: May 02, 2018, 08:28:31 PM
SOG ToolClip V1 (it’s my second one)
Gerber MP 650 with standard pliers)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #4303 on: May 02, 2018, 09:03:54 PM
JR
Looks great

Thanks, it felt great to just disconnect from the world and just talk, laugh, and whimper, especially with the older kids now girlfriend :whistle:
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

se Offline RF52

Reply #4304 on: May 02, 2018, 10:06:11 PM
JR
Looks great

Thanks, it felt great to just disconnect from the world and just talk, laugh, and whimper, especially with the older kids now girlfriend :whistle:
JR
I understand that, looks very cosy

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4305 on: May 03, 2018, 12:24:14 AM
Schrade Walden  804

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #4306 on: May 03, 2018, 12:26:56 AM
Schrade Walden  804

That’s just  :drool: :drool: :like:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #4307 on: May 03, 2018, 12:57:47 AM
JR
Looks great

JR
I understand that, looks very cosy

Yes and no, we bought that firepit back with the house, and the blocks were already here. The blocks can be anywhere between $1-3 each and those fire pits are anywhere between $50-300, of course you could use a large semi truck wheel like they use at camps for free-$20.. so it’s just more or less what you can find for what price, that setup I only paid for the pit I think was $75
JR

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #4308 on: May 03, 2018, 02:18:31 AM
That's very cool

Nice... saw a similar mod to this  on youtube... done by Rene?

No this guy is named Carlos from Portugal. Does amazing work and is super reasonable as far as price.

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #4309 on: May 03, 2018, 05:36:46 PM

Good find !   :tu:

Now you will have to start looking for all the different plier heads  :pok:
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #4310 on: May 03, 2018, 05:59:22 PM
We got somewhat of a storm last night, and only one stood up to it!
Jr

de Offline CeHo

• No Life Club
Reply #4311 on: May 03, 2018, 08:00:05 PM

Good find !   :tu:

Now you will have to start looking for all the different plier heads  :pok:

Thanks. It is the military version - i saw the different plier heads here in the forum - I want them - Even if they are hard to find  ;)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #4312 on: May 08, 2018, 01:59:31 AM

Had a little chance to stop in a harbor freight, and well, you don’t come out empty handed! So here’s what I snatched up,
Always good to have some glue on hand,
That socket thingy looked interesting for those quick loose nuts,
I bought that key knife for someone who’s a knife/tool freak,
The razor blades, well, a must have!
Ive been wanting one of those engravers for a while, especially a Dremel one but too pricy, but that one somehow fell into my basket :whistle:
That light switch was a must have, I don’t have light in a closet and need something and I must say that is freaking bright!
And lastly a cooling towel, it’s not a mission but with summer weather maybe coming I need something, I took it out and it feels funky but I draped it over my head and it’s cold! Now your suppose to run it under cold weather then ring it out and then enjoy, then when done wet it up, ring it, then throw it in the freezer for next time? I guess I’ll have too see, I just needed something to cover the back of the neck..
JR

de Offline CeHo

• No Life Club
Reply #4313 on: May 08, 2018, 07:58:30 PM
My second crosscut with complete paperwork...

Offline 1LL1

Reply #4314 on: May 09, 2018, 01:47:13 AM
Just got Hoffman Richter hr100, cheapies intrigue me, I can either keep them, lend them out, or gift them.

Still wanna save up for fancy one though  :cheers:

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #4315 on: May 09, 2018, 01:26:52 PM
Wenger shop display finally arrived yesterday, this was the last outstanding one I was waiting for....then as luck would have it I spotted yet another late last night so I'm now gonna wait for that to arrive too. There's a few more in the pipeline but it's not yet been confirmed.

I forget now how many Wenger shop displays I have...8 or 9 plus a dozen or so Wenger shop knife stands

Hopefully the big show off will soon commence....hopefully.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 01:28:30 PM by tosh »
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

gb Offline BePrepared

Reply #4316 on: May 09, 2018, 09:53:07 PM

Technician's Pocket Screw Driver (4 driver heads: reversable PH00 and 1.5 slotted; PH1 and  3.0 slotted) with magnetic cap
Gerber shard --- because I knew I'd have to try one someday (I think it's an original as it has a serial number 8970117A on the back, and sharp PH head)
Kershaw PT-2 --- this is what I wanted, but the other stuff just jumped into my cart.....
Field Notes notepads (for the Mrs)

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #4317 on: May 09, 2018, 09:58:40 PM

Technician's Pocket Screw Driver (4 driver heads: reversable PH00 and 1.5 slotted; PH1 and  3.0 slotted) with magnetic cap
Gerber shard --- because I knew I'd have to try one someday (I think it's an original as it has a serial number 8970117A on the back, and sharp PH head)
Kershaw PT-2 --- this is what I wanted, but the other stuff just jumped into my cart.....
Field Notes notepads (for the Mrs)

Ah... I was looking at that screwdriver a few weeks ago, I was quite tempted to get one. What do you think, are they good? Oh, and field notes...  :like:

gb Offline BePrepared

Reply #4318 on: May 09, 2018, 10:26:45 PM
I wanted the black version of the Technician's Pocket Screw Driver but selected the wrong one --- but the gold/brass colour looks OK. 

The driver heads are not standard 4mm or 5mm hex.  Not sure exactly what type they are, if I need replacements or spares or other sizes/types.  The screwdriver body is aluminium I think, as it does not stick to the magnet in the clip head. The internal bit drivers were greased, and the whole unit feels 'machined'.  The magnetic cap is engraved  "CAGE: 5VKB6 U.S."  I think there are plastic versions, and I think Stanley do something similar?

So far I have only tightened up the small screws on my glasses.  I think for relatively light work this would be a useful screwdriver to have on hand.  YMMV.  But I think I like it, and it may go in my day-to-day office work bag.

se Offline RF52

Reply #4319 on: May 09, 2018, 10:27:26 PM
Got a freebie in the mail today
A bit holder that is double sided so it's faster/easier to change bits and you can change bits in the round holder, don't know if it's any good but it feels sturdy

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $56.34
PayPal Fees: $2.74
Net Balance: $53.60
Below Goal: $246.40
Site Currency: USD