Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What did you just get?

pfrsantos · 11967 · 435461

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Re: What did you just get?
Reply #4410 on: June 06, 2018, 01:58:44 PM
this makes it 4 to the number of knives that Nix has gifted me this year just because  ::) :)

I am still amazed by this generosity and feel undeserving. Each of these is a unique piece with lots of story behind it!  :tu:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #4411 on: June 06, 2018, 02:30:51 PM
Very nice TP  :like: :like: :tu:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #4412 on: June 06, 2018, 04:09:04 PM
Well, thanks to you enablers and Ricardo, I just got me a G-Shock 7900. Plus a bonus S-biner and hexaring.

:cheers: :tu:
G-Sock 1.jpg
* G-Sock 1.jpg (Filesize: 250.7 KB)
G-Sock 2.jpg
* G-Sock 2.jpg (Filesize: 228.85 KB)

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #4413 on: June 06, 2018, 04:14:44 PM
Very nice pfrsantos  :dd: :like: :like:

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4414 on: June 07, 2018, 01:25:56 PM
A Day Packer and a PPP S44...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 03:06:37 PM by jaya_man »

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4415 on: June 07, 2018, 01:33:45 PM
this makes it 4 to the number of knives that Nix has gifted me this year just because  ::) :)

(Image removed from quote.)

I am still amazed by this generosity and feel undeserving. Each of these is a unique piece with lots of story behind it!  :tu:

:o   congrats !    :tu:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #4416 on: June 07, 2018, 01:59:29 PM
Very nice pfrsantos  :dd: :like: :like:

Yup! I see this becoming part of my EDC for a long time...

8) 8)

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4417 on: June 07, 2018, 02:06:17 PM

:o   congrats !    :tu:

:cheers:
this knife has lived lots of adventures and will live many more with its new owner  :salute:

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #4418 on: June 12, 2018, 03:00:57 AM
Got me a few things from the store to top off my snack bucket, I must say that thing is full to the rim!
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #4419 on: June 12, 2018, 01:43:27 PM
A SOG Master Mechanic.
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline Captain Hook

• Don't read this......You rebel you ;)
Reply #4420 on: June 12, 2018, 06:31:05 PM
LM Wave w/ bit kit. Going to clean her up, oil and sharpen as soon as i get it. :mail:
Screenshot_20180612-122904.png
* Screenshot_20180612-122904.png (Filesize: 30.3 KB)
~Formerly _MattGyver_ ~

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #4421 on: June 12, 2018, 06:34:47 PM
Nice one MattGyver  :tu: :like: :like:

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #4422 on: June 12, 2018, 07:46:12 PM
A SOG Master Mechanic.

PPP or PP ?  (they made relabelled both)
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #4423 on: June 12, 2018, 08:19:06 PM
A little off subject but I just got me a new grill, it was a steal. I’ll post a pic after I get it all assembled, I’m kinda out of breath after the Mrs and I had to carry that, the propane and a few other odds and ends 1mile!
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #4424 on: June 12, 2018, 11:55:45 PM
Sorry, I didn’t take any pics, I was just sooo beat! Not from putting it together but still from transporting it here, then we also kinda had visitors, two dogs dropped by, but there was nobody with them, so we had to grab them and put them in the garage so they didn’t run off, the Mrs called the number on the tags and they finally came and got them all the way from a town over, funny part was they didn’t want to get into the owners vehicle..

Anyway here’s what we did get, something simple not fancy but not crappy, funny part on this one is I’ve never used those side burners, I’ve never had a use for one and always thought they were worthless, and look no burner. Yet I have that other charcoal grill and you have to take one of those chimneys stick paper under them and light them to get the charcoal to get going before you can use them, yet I find out you can just take the chimney and place it right over the side burner and they fit perfect to get them going.. go fig..
JR

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #4425 on: June 13, 2018, 02:08:34 AM
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #4426 on: June 13, 2018, 09:06:55 AM
Over a year and a half since my last new knife and over two and a half since my last knife purchase.

Definitely in withdrawal.

Fortunately I received these two amazing birthday gifts from a friend (and forum member):

BlackFox 3 in 1 Sharpening kit. Really it's a Spyderco Sharpmaker clone which I meant to try for ages. It is easy to use and works pretty god... plus it's a NEW TOY.

Higonokami - Been wanting one for ages, more as a novelty, but ended up loving it. I usually hate friction folders and carbon blades but this is so light and clean and simple, so very sharp and the blade has an amazing shape. Lover the little thing... far more than the Svord, Navajas and most of my Opies.

Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

de Offline CeHo

• No Life Club
Reply #4427 on: June 13, 2018, 09:18:09 AM
 :like:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4428 on: June 13, 2018, 12:56:39 PM

Higonokami - Been wanting one for ages, more as a novelty, but ended up loving it. I usually hate friction folders and carbon blades but this is so light and clean and simple, so very sharp and the blade has an amazing shape. Lover the little thing... far more than the Svord, Navajas and most of my Opies.

cool stuff! The Sharpmaker is nice but I've heard good things of the BlackFox and the Lansky TurnBox versions of it if you are really in a budget  :salute:
And the Higonokami is also my favorite "traditional" design with carbon steel. I am a true fan of stainless and have very very few carbon blades, but this one combined with the ultra slim carry and long curved blade makes it also my favorite.
Mine was brought by my father from Japan, if you read the markings on yours you can get some info about who, where and when made it  :tu:

I had to be helped with a friend of mine who speaks and studies Japanese though, it is a complex thing  :ahhh
My toys:

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #4429 on: June 14, 2018, 10:50:41 AM
Glad to see you are back from the ER mate.

Loving your Higo... brass is great. Mine is blackened steel - nice but it does make my hands smell of steel when I use it.

I will ask a colleague of mine who knows Japanese what it says when she gets back next week. Although I have a pretty good guess:
It's exactly this writing so it's probably a Nagao SK5 model : https://www.workshopheaven.com/standard-higonokami-knife.html
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4430 on: June 14, 2018, 11:21:03 AM
Glad to see you are back from the ER mate.

Loving your Higo... brass is great. Mine is blackened steel - nice but it does make my hands smell of steel when I use it.

I will ask a colleague of mine who knows Japanese what it says when she gets back next week. Although I have a pretty good guess:
It's exactly this writing so it's probably a Nagao SK5 model : https://www.workshopheaven.com/standard-higonokami-knife.html

Thanks yes I'm back and doing normally, just cleaning the wound every day  :salute:
I see you too were impatient and did your homework and research before getting an "official" translation  :D

As a side note, mine has the well known problem of the blade hitting the inside of the scales  :ahhh, but I cut a bit of leather and glued into it and no more dulling or rolling of the edge, I recommend doing so if you plan to use it and it has this problem  :tu:
My toys:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #4431 on: June 14, 2018, 03:04:09 PM
Today I got this special package from SOG
When I received my warranty PAD
I was charged by customs £20 Or $26
Which I didn’t think was fair
And SOG didn’t think that was fair
The only way they could refund me was in dollars
Or we can send you the pocket version of the PAD
I said yes please I will be happy with the pocket version
But didn’t know what model MT they were talking about
I didn’t want to ask SOG as I thought it would
be a nice surprise when I get the package

So after having a coffee and stopped shaking
I opened the package to be very surprised
With what I saw when I removed the brown paper
A very nice SOG Power Access, I wasn’t expecting that
SOG thank you very much for all your help  :cheers:

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #4432 on: June 14, 2018, 03:10:34 PM

SOG are a nice company.

I might not be a huge fan of their products, but corporate-wise and customer-service-wise they seem to be the best in the bunch - only heard good stories about them.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #4433 on: June 14, 2018, 03:42:40 PM

SOG are a nice company.

I might not be a huge fan of their products, but corporate-wise and customer-service-wise they seem to be the best in the bunch - only heard good stories about them.
Yes I can’t fault SOG for their C/S :cheers:
It’s just Q/C that needs to be worked on  :pok: :tu:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4434 on: June 15, 2018, 02:23:12 PM

SOG are a nice company.

agree! And congrats on your new tool,
now I have only one question left...

what about its file?  :D
My toys:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #4435 on: June 15, 2018, 02:52:14 PM

SOG are a nice company.

That was the first thing I checked  :D
The cut on the file seems a lot better
On the thin side of the file looks more like teeth
That could cut metal
As the file on the PAD looks more like scratched lines
And as they are the same file they
should be identical But this is not the case  :facepalm: :ahhh

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4436 on: June 15, 2018, 02:57:45 PM

SOG are a nice company.

That was the first thing I checked  :D
The cut on the file seems a lot better
On the thin side of the file looks more like teeth
That could cut metal
As the file on the PAD looks more like scratched lines
And as they are the same file they
should be identical But this is not the case  :facepalm: :ahhh

well 50% success then  :like:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 03:01:57 PM by ThePeacent »
My toys:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #4437 on: June 15, 2018, 03:05:44 PM
 :cheers: :like: :like:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #4438 on: June 18, 2018, 02:14:28 AM
Got a pic of what I got the other day, got to use it for the first time today having a little cook out on the freaking hottest day of the year so far, OMG was it nasty out! But it cooked good, never used the cast iron grills before only ever stainless steel, kinda interesting..
JR
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 02:15:40 AM by MadPlumbarian »

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Reply #4439 on: June 19, 2018, 06:41:13 PM
This is part of my latest haul!

I couldn't pass the Swissbuck up at $15, so I snagged it! Scales are in good shape and it just needs cleaning, oiling, and sharpening.

The NewPow knife is one of those cheap and cheerful things, and it's surprisingly good. Watched some youtube reviews comparing it to the OUTU plier knife, and thought it might be worth my time, especially considering how little they cost on Amazon. And it was! The blade is sharp, the pliers are really nice, and the bit driver works better than I expected it to.

The green thing is a new old stock Schrade Century Stewart CN35. Victorinox supplied blanks to Schrade, Schrade did the final machining and sharpening work and stamped "Germany" on the blade. It's for all intents and purposes a Victorinox. (Even the scales swap over) REALLY strong back springs. And it was 13 bucks.

The Ruko is one of the China-made and oft-maligned Toolclip copies. But it's actually a pretty GOOD copy. And it has more tools. Plain blade, serrated blade/flat head/metal file, scissors, wood saw, caplifter/can opener tool, small flat t-handle and small phillips t-handle. It's sharp, it's machined well, the wire cutters work, it's comfortable in the hand, and it was $21. I *did* have to peen the rivet that holds the tools in place, to reduce the side-play in the tools. So it's not perfect. Machined well, assembled sloppily. The pliers were also tight at first, but they've loosened up nicely.

Charles.
IMG_3994.jpg
* IMG_3994.jpg (Filesize: 293.68 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56