Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Christmas revenge

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Christmas revenge
on: December 25, 2006, 04:53:12 PM
Some may call me petty, some may call me self absorbed.  Me, I'd call me unnaturally righteous, but this Christmas season, as I look over the vast wealth of tools I have, and almost all are used and in good shape, plus the websites I have built to encourage the design and purchase of good quality tools the world over, all I can think of is that dumbass Industrial Arts teacher who failed me...

So I never actually spent hours at a time describing why a nail gun should never be pointed directly into your eye, or why running with power tools should only be done if they are cordless, and for the love of God, never stick your tongue in a bandsaw to see what happens, but I would like to think that I am making my mark on the tool world.  Admittedly, much of it is the same way Tim Allen made his mark on the tool world, on a contract written, signed and speared in blood, but a mark nonetheless.

So to you, Mr Bourne, whom we all called "Harry The Hippie" I raise a glass in your memory.  Your constant prattling on about how I'd never manage to make a napkin holder has encouraged my fascination with tools, for no other reason than to one day be able to be better than you.  Merry Christmas, you worthless smurf!  Not only have I begun my tool empire, but I have single handedly doubled the Band Aid stock price! 

>:D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Re: Christmas revenge
Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 06:32:52 PM
I think most of us had a rotten teacher or two.   In my case, it was a high school physics teacher. Doing well in spite of them is the best revenge.
Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 05:29:02 AM
I was lucky, my shop teacher was cool.  8) He suffered no fools; when you were in his class, on his time, you'd damn well better be working. Or else! Once all of us kids understood that rule clearly, we had a great time. The guy was a master at multitasking, before multitasking was even a word. He could be demonstrating to someone how to operate a wood lathe, and at the same time be lecturing others on the proper use of a brace and bit. And as if that wasn't enough, we had GIRLS in our woodshop class! Ever try to teach a teenage girl how to properly mortise a dovetail joint? Ever try to teach a teenage boy how to properly mortise a dovetail joint when there are teenage girls in the room?

Yesiree, Mr. Litner was a shop teaching superman.  :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline Fred

• I'm the one they call Dr FeelGood
Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 02:44:03 AM
My shop teacher hated me too but I think that was mostly because he caught me cutting his fork in half
Yabba dabba doo!

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 06:28:22 AM
All my shop teacher told me to do was "SAND IT MORE"...So since I was 2 days ahead of everyone on the project I SANDED IT MORE until the rest of the class was ready to move on.
[

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD