Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

CyberTool owners thread

sawman · 447 · 59718

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Re: CyberTool owners thread
Reply #270 on: May 10, 2017, 04:51:39 PM
I have a CT34 that I use all the time and has a interesting story behind it. Also have a CT41 thats NIB I may sell but Im not sure yet.  :think:
I'm the milk man!

nl Offline Mactire404

• There's a SAK for that!
Reply #271 on: May 10, 2017, 05:40:30 PM
No they don't. After the CyberTool fell apart I dropped three more SAKs, just as a test. And guess what happened?

(Image removed from quote.)

That's it. I'm selling my SAKs and order my new ones via AliExpress!

I have a CT34 that I use all the time and has a interesting story behind it. Also have a CT41 thats NIB I may sell but Im not sure yet.  :think:

You can't make mention of an interesting story and not tell it! So spill it mister!  :pok:  :rofl:
My SAK collection and more: http://pocketknives.home.blog

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #272 on: May 10, 2017, 05:52:56 PM
No they don't. After the CyberTool fell apart I dropped three more SAKs, just as a test. And guess what happened?

(Image removed from quote.)

That's it. I'm selling my SAKs and order my new ones via AliExpress!

You can't make mention of an interesting story and not tell it! So spill it mister!  :pok:  :rofl:

Well, one day I listed a Juice CS4 for trade on the forum and one of our members showed interest. We decided to do a trade and when we exchanged addresses we found we lived in the same city. Obviously we just decided to meet up locally the next day. We decided to meet about 5 minutes away from my house. As I was getting ready to leave I noticed the neighbor across the street leaving his house as well. We both headed in the same direction and made our way down to the meeting spot. Funny thing is it turns out my neighbor across the street from me was the person I was meeting. We made the trade, had a laugh, and became friends. We used to show each other new tools, lights, whatever. He is the reason I got into Zebralights. We both ended up moving and he does not check the forums much anymore, but every time I use that CT34 I think about that day.  :tu:

Funny thing is I am meeting another member today that lives one city over. We have met for a deal before though.
I'm the milk man!

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Reply #273 on: May 10, 2017, 07:28:21 PM
Wow and the scales and brass parts just disappeared?

Another thread taken over by the Dutch :D

Maybe the brass parts were never there in the first place, it would explain a lot!
[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #274 on: May 10, 2017, 07:43:35 PM
Wow and the scales and brass parts just disappeared?

Another thread taken over by the Dutch :D

Maybe the brass parts were never there in the first place, it would explain a lot!

:P

BTW that's a nice story Captain!
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

nl Offline Mactire404

• There's a SAK for that!
Reply #275 on: May 11, 2017, 09:41:17 AM

Well, one day...
Show content
I listed a Juice CS4 for trade on the forum and one of our members showed interest. We decided to do a trade and when we exchanged addresses we found we lived in the same city. Obviously we just decided to meet up locally the next day. We decided to meet about 5 minutes away from my house. As I was getting ready to leave I noticed the neighbor across the street leaving his house as well. We both headed in the same direction and made our way down to the meeting spot. Funny thing is it turns out my neighbor across the street from me was the person I was meeting. We made the trade, had a laugh, and became friends. We used to show each other new tools, lights, whatever. He is the reason I got into Zebralights. We both ended up moving and he does not check the forums much anymore, but every time I use that CT34 I think about that day.  :tu:

Funny thing is I am meeting another member today that lives one city over. We have met for a deal before though.

Well, that is an interesting story indeed! Thanks for sharing!  :tu:
My SAK collection and more: http://pocketknives.home.blog

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Reply #276 on: August 16, 2017, 08:03:51 AM
Question for the Cybertool owners in here. According to the SAKWiki the Cybertool comes with the following drivers:
Phillips (Pozidrive) 0 / 1
Slotted 4 mm / Phillips 2
Hex 4 mm / Torx #8
Torx #10 / #15

I am curious about the Pozidrive Phillips 0 / 1 bit. Does that work on regular Phillips 0 and 1 screws just as well as a normal Phillips driver would? I rarely encounter Pozidrive screws (had to look them up to even see what they were), so would Pozidrive drivers on a Cybertool be less useful to me because of that? Are there any advantages to having Pozidrive drivers over normal ones?

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #277 on: August 16, 2017, 11:34:05 AM
Question for the Cybertool owners in here. According to the SAKWiki the Cybertool comes with the following drivers:
Hex 4 mm / Torx #8
Torx #10 / #15

I am curious about the Pozidrive Phillips 0 / 1 bit. Does that work on regular Phillips 0 and 1 screws just as well as a normal Phillips driver would? I rarely encounter Pozidrive screws (had to look them up to even see what they were), so would Pozidrive drivers on a Cybertool be less useful to me because of that? Are there any advantages to having Pozidrive drivers over normal ones?
I don't know about the Cybertool bits, but around here, 4/5 of the cross screws are pozidrive, not philips.  >:(
And Victorinox doesn't make an inline pozidrive driver of the same type as the inline philips driver.  :facepalm:
So I had to cut a slot in a 1/4 pozidrive bit to make it fit on the bottle opener, so that my SAK can actually deal with the most common cross screw around here.  :ahhh
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #278 on: August 16, 2017, 12:35:02 PM
Hex 4 mm / Torx #8
Torx #10 / #15

It will work, but the fit won't be 100% so this will wear out the screw, bit or both faster.

So yes, they will serve you less.
You can also buy a new bit (usualy around €4 here) that is a Philips.

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Reply #279 on: August 16, 2017, 08:46:11 PM
Hex 4 mm / Torx #8
Torx #10 / #15

It will work, but the fit won't be 100% so this will wear out the screw, bit or both faster.

That's what I suspected, darn.

The only bits I can find for sale on Amazon or eBay are the same four that come with the Cybertool. The closest I can find is this "positive bit" phillips, which sounds like someone making a listing who doesn't have any clue that posidrive is actually a word. The picture of the product does look like a normal phillips to me, however. That being said, I don't know if I have ever seen a posidrive screw or screwdriver/bit in person before so I am hardly an expert on telling them apart.

Any idea where I can buy the normal phillips bit you speak of?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 08:47:13 PM by GoatDragon »

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #280 on: August 16, 2017, 08:58:43 PM
Hex 4 mm / Torx #8
Torx #10 / #15

The only bits I can find for sale on Amazon or eBay are the same four that come with the Cybertool. The closest I can find is this "positive bit" phillips, which sounds like someone making a listing who doesn't have any clue that posidrive is actually a word. The picture of the product does look like a normal phillips to me, however. That being said, I don't know if I have ever seen a posidrive screw or screwdriver/bit in person before so I am hardly an expert on telling them apart.

I was in a store during my vacation 2 weeks ago which had an INSANE stock and he had all bits available.
No such luck with my local retailer but you might want to check yours.

Posidriv screws became more common then regular Philips here troughout the years.

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Reply #281 on: August 16, 2017, 09:01:51 PM
Hex 4 mm / Torx #8
Torx #10 / #15

I was in a store during my vacation 2 weeks ago which had an INSANE stock and he had all bits available.

Posidriv screws became more common then regular Philips here troughout the years.

Unfortunatly, Victorinox retail stores are hard to come by here in America. I checked google maps for them recently, and the only one that had existed in my entire state was marked as permanently closed. Gotta be online for order for me.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #282 on: August 16, 2017, 09:11:00 PM
Hex 4 mm / Torx #8
Torx #10 / #15

Unfortunatly, Victorinox retail stores are hard to come by here in America. I checked google maps for them recently, and the only one that had existed in my entire state was marked as permanently closed. Gotta be online for order for me.
That's a bummer :/

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #283 on: August 18, 2017, 02:34:37 PM
only CYBER in my collection

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

gb Offline shibafu

Reply #284 on: August 19, 2017, 01:39:51 PM
Hex 4 mm / Torx #8
Torx #10 / #15

I am curious about the Pozidrive Phillips 0 / 1 bit. Does that work on regular Phillips 0 and 1 screws just as well as a normal Phillips driver would?

Left to right: Phillips 0, Vic Cybertool 0, Pozi 0.  The Cybertool bits are Phillips not pozi.  But like all Phillips drivers, with care they will generally work OK on a pozi screw.  Better than the other way around - using a pozi driver on a Phillips screw is usually a disaster.
bits.jpg
* bits.jpg (Filesize: 81.88 KB)

us Offline Archibald Tuttle

Reply #285 on: August 19, 2017, 02:50:36 PM
Cyber-Champion. There isn't one tool I have not used . Even the unloved fish scaler has been used , legally and successfully , as a "bump" key on several locks. As Miles Davis once said, “Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the mother*smurfer who plays it is 80 percent."  :cheers:

gb Offline shibafu

Reply #286 on: August 19, 2017, 03:19:04 PM
Left to right: Phillips 0, Vic Cybertool 0, Pozi 0.  The Cybertool bits are Phillips not pozi.

...and that was the last that was ever seen of it, because immediately after taking this photo I dropped it, it rolled under a cabinet, and disappeared into some alternate dimension! :facepalm:

us Offline Archibald Tuttle

Reply #287 on: August 19, 2017, 03:22:48 PM
Left to right: Phillips 0, Vic Cybertool 0, Pozi 0.  The Cybertool bits are Phillips not pozi.

...and that was the last that was ever seen of it, because immediately after taking this photo I dropped it, it rolled under a cabinet, and disappeared into some alternate dimension! :facepalm:

Are you Pozi-tive it's gone?

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #288 on: August 19, 2017, 05:15:38 PM

This calls for a closer Philinspection...

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Reply #289 on: August 19, 2017, 08:23:21 PM
Hex 4 mm / Torx #8
Torx #10 / #15

I am curious about the Pozidrive Phillips 0 / 1 bit. Does that work on regular Phillips 0 and 1 screws just as well as a normal Phillips driver would?

Left to right: Phillips 0, Vic Cybertool 0, Pozi 0.  The Cybertool bits are Phillips not pozi.  But like all Phillips drivers, with care they will generally work OK on a pozi screw.  Better than the other way around - using a pozi driver on a Phillips screw is usually a disaster.
This is good too hear with my cybertool in the mail. Any idea why the wiki says the bit is posidrive? Perhaps it comes both ways depending on manufacture date and/or market?

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #290 on: August 19, 2017, 08:27:18 PM

He's screwed.

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #291 on: August 19, 2017, 09:01:05 PM

He's screwed.
Or nuts...?

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #292 on: August 19, 2017, 09:05:04 PM

Between or under the floorboards? Inside the wall?
If not, it went where you didn't expect it to go.  :ahhh

All hail the hook!

gb Offline shibafu

Reply #293 on: August 19, 2017, 10:53:38 PM
Between or under the floorboards? Inside the wall?
If not, it went where you didn't expect it to go.  :ahhh

Yes something like that I expect.  Wherever it's gone, I don't think I'll be seeing it again, until about 5 seconds after I order a replacement probably.

gb Offline Little Tinker

Reply #294 on: August 20, 2017, 12:10:58 AM
This is good too hear with my cybertool in the mail. Any idea why the wiki says the bit is posidrive? Perhaps it comes both ways depending on manufacture date and/or market?

They only come as Phillips' bits.  The reference to Pozidriv is probably due to error or confusion.

gb Offline Little Tinker

Reply #295 on: August 20, 2017, 09:06:18 AM
They only come as Phillips' bits.  The reference to Pozidriv is probably due to error or confusion.

Although while looking at the 2015 catalogue I see Victorinox themselves say "41. – bit Phillips 0 (Pozidrive)", etc  ::)

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #296 on: August 20, 2017, 09:40:51 AM

Although while looking at the 2015 catalogue I see Victorinox themselves say "41. – bit Phillips 0 (Pozidrive)", etc  ::)
Just found out...

My brand new CT41 has a double Philips bit.

My older CT34 (crossbow tang stamp) came with a double Pozidriv bit!! :ahhh

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #297 on: August 20, 2017, 09:54:50 AM

My comment above this one might matter to you :cheers:

gb Offline Little Tinker

Reply #298 on: August 20, 2017, 12:55:54 PM
Just found out...

PZ0 and PZ1?  Strange that the #2 size wouldn't be the same style, esp. as it's the one I'd use most often!

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #299 on: August 20, 2017, 01:01:15 PM
Just found out...

PZ0 and PZ1?  Strange that the #2 size wouldn't be the same style, esp. as it's the one I'd use most often!
Hmm. Most of the cross head screws here are pozidriv. And most of those are #2. And most of the rest fit a #2 pozidriv screwdriver.
If you are picking two screwdrivers to own around here, you only need a flat head and a #2 pozidriv.  :think:
Bad state of affairs here for SAK screwdriver lovers.  :P

All hail the hook!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31