Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

CyberTool owners thread

sawman · 447 · 59101

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: CyberTool owners thread
Reply #300 on: August 20, 2017, 01:36:25 PM
Just found out...

My brand new CT41 has a double Philips bit.

My older CT34 (crossbow tang stamp) came with a double Pozidriv bit!! :ahhh

PZ0 and PZ1?  Strange that the #2 size wouldn't be the same style, esp. as it's the one I'd use most often!
New  CT41: PH0 + PH1
Old    CT34: PZ0 + PZ1

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #301 on: August 21, 2017, 03:16:10 PM
I shall rename it, Cybercool

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #302 on: August 22, 2017, 05:30:14 PM
I shall rename it, Cybercool

(Image removed from quote.)
MAN branded?

That's cool indeed :D

Offline Gable151

Reply #303 on: December 26, 2017, 06:24:39 PM
Just found out...

PZ0 and PZ1?  Strange that the #2 size wouldn't be the same style, esp. as it's the one I'd use most often!

All  - I hate to resurrect a thread that has not had any recent replies but I want to confirm some items stated.  Everywhere I look the bits for cybertool are listed as Phillips (pozidrive).  See below from the Cybertool 34 product page

https://www.victorinox.com/us/en/Products/Swiss-Army-Knives/Medium-Pocket-Knives/CyberTool-M/p/1.7725.T

bit Phillips 2
bit Phillips 0 (Pozidrive)
bit Phillips 1 (Pozidrive)

I am interested in pulling the trigger on a 34 but am concerned about using the pozidrive bits in phillips screws (most common screw that I come across).  If they are indeed mis-labeled I will immediately purchase one.  Or if anyone can put my fears to rest that the 0 and 1 bits work fine in phillips screws I would appreciate it.
 ???

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #304 on: December 26, 2017, 06:52:13 PM
Just found out...

All  - I hate to resurrect a thread that has not had any recent replies but I want to confirm some items stated.  Everywhere I look the bits for cybertool are listed as Phillips (pozidrive).  See below from the Cybertool 34 product page

https://www.victorinox.com/us/en/Products/Swiss-Army-Knives/Medium-Pocket-Knives/CyberTool-M/p/1.7725.T

bit Phillips 2
bit Phillips 0 (Pozidrive)
bit Phillips 1 (Pozidrive)

I am interested in pulling the trigger on a 34 but am concerned about using the pozidrive bits in phillips screws (most common screw that I come across).  If they are indeed mis-labeled I will immediately purchase one.  Or if anyone can put my fears to rest that the 0 and 1 bits work fine in phillips screws I would appreciate it.
 ???
Resurection old threads is not a drama here at all ;)

PZ and PH bits shouldn't be used on the other type of screw.
It'll damage the screw and possibly the bit too.
Some retailers have all bits in stock. Any retailer should be able to order one for you. It should be around €4 - $5 a piece.

Offline Gable151

Reply #305 on: December 26, 2017, 07:06:22 PM
Thanks for the reply!  Ok.  I guess the really confusing thing is that in some images of the bits by themselves they LOOK like phillips but are labeled pozi.  And sometimes they are clearly pozi bits, but only labeled as phillips.  Im in the US market and I have been searching online for a place to buy the bits.  But the picture/labeling is scaring me off. 
Can you recommend a retailer that would have the phillips 0 and 1 bit? 

Example on Amazon of a pozi picture with phillips label:
https://www.amazon.com/VICTORINOX-CYBERTOOL-BIT-PHILLIPS-A768020/dp/B000MLSS6A/ref=pd_sbs_468_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=55P8TA22GDHH5RB56PDM

Example on Amazon of Phillips Picture with Pozi label:
https://www.amazon.com/Victorinox-Cybertool-Positive-Bit-Multi-Tool/dp/B000PL4DZ2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1514311685&sr=8-3&keywords=cybertool+bit

To add to the confusion, some images of the tool itself have pictures of regular phillips in the bit holder, but are labeled as pozi. 
 ??? ??? ???
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 07:20:52 PM by Gable151 »

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #306 on: December 26, 2017, 07:49:55 PM
Thanks for the reply!  Ok.  I guess the really confusing thing is that in some images of the bits by themselves they LOOK like phillips but are labeled pozi.  And sometimes they are clearly pozi bits, but only labeled as phillips.  Im in the US market and I have been searching online for a place to buy the bits.  But the picture/labeling is scaring me off. 

https://www.amazon.com/VICTORINOX-CYBERTOOL-BIT-PHILLIPS-A768020/dp/B000MLSS6A/ref=pd_sbs_468_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=55P8TA22GDHH5RB56PDM

https://www.amazon.com/Victorinox-Cybertool-Positive-Bit-Multi-Tool/dp/B000PL4DZ2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1514311685&sr=8-3&keywords=cybertool+bit

To add to the confusion, some images of the tool itself have pictures of regular phillips in the bit holder, but are labeled as pozi. 
 ??? ??? ???
Ah...
I'm European so I can't help you with that.
Maybe you should ask around in the "tools wanted" section.
Other members might be able to help...

us Offline ChrisEDC247

Reply #307 on: December 27, 2017, 05:04:03 PM

??? ??? ???

I know we've been talking about this in the other thread, I was wrong about them being Pozidrive bits. All the bits I've ever had in a Cybertools look like the Philips and I've only acquired them within the past few years. It appears that Victorinox has switched to a Philips bit and simply kept the PH/PZ label as there might be more PH->PZ compatibility. Perhaps a lot of this confusion stems from the fact that Victorinox cross drivers tend to be made to fit a variety of recessed fasteners.

A lightbulb lit up in my head about this topic after reading this post. The FUNNY thing about the two Amazon links you posted is I've already purchased BOTH items and BOTH showed up looking like Philips. I bought them for the exact same reasons you did: I wanted a dedicated Philips driver and not the pozidrive.

A lot of my personal confusion stems from the fact that Pozidrive is not very common in the US so I'm not entirely familiar with them and I couldn't connect the differences together. Digging a bit deeper, I checked some regular 1/4" bits I have in my tool kit and the Cybertool bit sure looks like a Philips with only very minuscule differences. It's always seemed to work in Philips screws and the times it didn't could be because the screws were not Philips or they are were out of spec (a common issue with electronics today). It doesn't help that Victorinox is muddying the waters by having both drivers listed.

Now here's the linchpin to tie it all together. When I replied to you I forgot I got something else from Victorinox since the last time I ordered those Cybertool bits: A Swisstool Spirit with a full tool kit and inside is a Philips #0 bit. What does it resemble? The Cybertool tool #0/#1 bit. This photo is taken with the included bit from a brand new "back-up" Cybertool I purchased last year, it also matches the bit from the one I currently use. I also have a Cybertool 41 from Japan and it has the same bit as well. AND it matches all the replacement bits I own.

Gable, time to order up that Cybertool! ;)
IMG_2448.jpg
* IMG_2448.jpg (Filesize: 100.71 KB)
IMG_2440.PNG
* IMG_2440.PNG (Filesize: 143.75 KB)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 08:02:44 PM by ChrisEDC247 »

Offline Gable151

Reply #308 on: December 28, 2017, 02:24:28 AM

??? ??? ???

I know we've been talking about this in the other thread, I was wrong about them being Pozidrive bits. All the bits I've ever had in a Cybertools look like the Philips and I've only acquired them within the past few years. It appears that Victorinox has switched to a Philips bit and simply kept the PH/PZ label as there might be more PH->PZ compatibility. Perhaps a lot of this confusion stems from the fact that Victorinox cross drivers tend to be made to fit a variety of recessed fasteners.

A lightbulb lit up in my head about this topic after reading this post. The FUNNY thing about the two Amazon links you posted is I've already purchased BOTH items and BOTH showed up looking like Philips. I bought them for the exact same reasons you did: I wanted a dedicated Philips driver and not the pozidrive.

A lot of my personal confusion stems from the fact that Pozidrive is not very common in the US so I'm not entirely familiar with them and I couldn't connect the differences together. Digging a bit deeper, I checked some regular 1/4" bits I have in my tool kit and the Cybertool bit sure looks like a Philips with only very minuscule differences. It's always seemed to work in Philips screws and the times it didn't could be because the screws were not Philips or they are were out of spec (a common issue with electronics today). It doesn't help that Victorinox is muddying the waters by having both drivers listed.

Now here's the linchpin to tie it all together. When I replied to you I forgot I got something else from Victorinox since the last time I ordered those Cybertool bits: A Swisstool Spirit with a full tool kit and inside is a Philips #0 bit. What does it resemble? The Cybertool tool #0/#1 bit. This photo is taken with the included bit from a brand new "back-up" Cybertool I purchased last year, it also matches the bit from the one I currently use. I also have a Cybertool 41 from Japan and it has the same bit as well. AND it matches all the replacement bits I own.

Ha!!  First of all thank you for verifying that I am not crazy and the world is mad and it’s not me. Secondly I appreciate you going above and beyond!  Guess what? I pulled the trigger earlier today on a sapphire cybertool M. It was just too perfect looking and I took the chance. Delivery is Saturday. I’ll verify the bits that I get and let everyone know.
 :cheers:

us Offline ChrisEDC247

Reply #309 on: December 28, 2017, 07:42:11 AM
You are definitely not crazy Gable, Victorinox has a long history of driving collectors nuts trying sort out names, model numbers and revisions. Keeps us busy I guess! :) I'm glad you ordered the CT34. I've gotten more use out it than just about any tool I carry, SAK or otherwise. And those translucent blue scales glisten especially in sunlight! Good choice! 

Offline Gable151

Reply #310 on: December 30, 2017, 11:18:43 PM

??? ??? ???

Ha!!  First of all thank you for verifying that I am not crazy and the world is mad and it’s not me. Secondly I appreciate you going above and beyond!  Guess what? I pulled the trigger earlier today on a sapphire cybertool M. It was just too perfect looking and I took the chance. Delivery is Saturday. I’ll verify the bits that I get and let everyone know.

It came today! I am happy to say that the phillips bits are true phillips! So far it is Glorious!  Surprisingly it does not feel all THAT much different in the pocket than the deluxe tinker!

us Offline ChrisEDC247

Reply #311 on: December 31, 2017, 06:22:21 PM

??? ??? ???

It came today! I am happy to say that the phillips bits are true phillips! So far it is Glorious!  Surprisingly it does not feel all THAT much different in the pocket than the deluxe tinker!

Congratulations on the new CT34! It's a big jump in features versus the Deluxe Tinker. Just the eyeglasses screwdriver and plus scales alone is worth the upgrade, but it's tough to go back to the standard Vic Philips once you have those fantastic bits. It's a phenomenal urban carry! Happy New Years!

Offline Gable151

Reply #312 on: December 31, 2017, 07:13:57 PM
Thanks!  Happy new year to you as well. I actually had a set of plus scales from my explorer on the tinker deluxe so yeah the pen has already proven itself. I did miss the eyeglass screwdriver as well.

Offline Gable151

Reply #313 on: January 02, 2018, 07:05:20 PM
Carrying the new 34 today!

* IMG_2257.jpg (Filesize: 27.54 KB)

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #314 on: January 02, 2018, 09:24:54 PM
Rob Lessard Custom 712, I call it a "Compact" Cybertool Lite Yeoman.

* IMG_0746.jpg (Filesize: 9.65 KB)

* IMG_0744.JPG (Filesize: 20.08 KB)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 09:27:40 PM by pa_strunk »
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #315 on: January 02, 2018, 09:54:44 PM
Rob Lessard Custom 712, I call it a "Compact" Cybertool Lite Yeoman.
That's awesome...

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #316 on: January 03, 2018, 12:00:04 AM
Broke out my full sized CT over the holidays to tackle all the little screws that come on the kids toys.

Worked like a charm and is still riding in its classy Vic leather pouch.

The pretty Ruby Red Plus scales don't hurt either.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #317 on: January 03, 2018, 10:16:43 PM
Broke out my full sized CT over the holidays to tackle all the little screws that come on the kids toys.

Worked like a charm and is still riding in its classy Vic leather pouch.

The pretty Ruby Red Plus scales don't hurt either.
We're a visual set bunch :whistle:

Offline CplHicks

• New User
Reply #318 on: January 24, 2018, 11:16:31 PM
I got a CT 41 recently for cheap in the german Victorinox Facebook fleamarketgroup. I do like the blue scales more then I expected. I currently edc a Leatherman XE6 with bit extender and bit kit but the CT has an elegance the XE6 can't really match. Choices choices. ^^

us Offline Archibald Tuttle

Reply #319 on: February 25, 2018, 04:22:44 PM
Normally, I'm a get in , get out , type of guy. So I'm really not a photo opportunist . But on this rare occasion, I snapped a quick photo as I am always pleasantly surprised how many times (easily thousands) the CT has proven useful and saved me a trip. This time a buds dishwasher had given up the magic smoke. The torx drivers came in very handy replacing this domestic appliance. Viva La CT.

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #320 on: February 25, 2018, 09:33:45 PM
Normally, I'm a get in , get out , type of guy.

Don't let pfrsantos read this or he'll make a dirty comment.
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

us Offline Archibald Tuttle

Reply #321 on: February 25, 2018, 10:14:18 PM
Normally, I'm a get in , get out , type of guy.

Don't let pfrsantos read this or he'll make a dirty comment.

:rofl:
I would be disappointed if he didn't!

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #322 on: February 26, 2018, 02:05:24 AM
Got this CT34 for a future mod...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #323 on: August 01, 2018, 08:28:11 AM
Just reviving this thread with a pic of an old, somewhat neglected friend...

Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #324 on: August 01, 2018, 07:39:18 PM
I am a huge fan of the Cyber Tool series.  Here is a "Family" photo:

CyberTool Group by NorCal Jim, on Flickr

us Offline FolderBeholder

Reply #325 on: August 01, 2018, 08:07:21 PM

:like:
Rest in peace ColoSwiss, you will always be remembered.

de Offline ulzhan

• No Life Club
  • The Spirit of Central Asia
Reply #326 on: August 01, 2018, 08:34:44 PM
Nice family shot! But where is the CyberTool 50?

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #327 on: August 01, 2018, 11:47:37 PM
SAKWiki list the CT-29, CT-34, CT-41 & CyberTool Lite. I'm not aware of a 50 model.

Nice family shot! But where is the CyberTool 50?

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #328 on: August 01, 2018, 11:50:37 PM
Thanks FolderBeholder!  How many CyberTools did you end up with?  Although I admire the larger models, I ended up carrying the CT-29 the most (during winter).

Jim

:like:

de Offline ulzhan

• No Life Club
  • The Spirit of Central Asia
Reply #329 on: August 02, 2018, 03:35:55 PM
Some people call the Swisschamp XLT "CT 50". It's unofficial.

:)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD