Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Warning to the Brits

damota · 37 · 2992

Offline damota

Re: Warning to the Brits
Reply #30 on: June 07, 2008, 12:38:47 AM
The trouble is these lads arent carrying a knife to cut bits of string and saw branches . All they are worried about is carrying to defend themselves and because their mates do and its the thing to do in their circles . Alot of it is peer pressure , and they really are going about stabbing each other . These kind of teenagers dont have any other reason to have a knife on the big housing estates they roam .In some respects I welcome the new changes in the law and in others its just another turn of the screw  :(
Some are being used by drug carriers and dealers as are guns, any amount of laws won't stop them. Far more are being carried for the reasons I stated, fear and having no one they trust to help them makes many carry a knife who would normally not carry one. The peer pressure is don't be scared get a knife. That is the part I find disgusting.
Even if they trusted the ones who are supposed to be helping them they are never there when the trouble starts to give help.
And the knives being used for stabbings will still be on the streets.
   To put things into perspective ...... Theres a good few UK members on here and over 3000 on British blades . How many of those do you know who have been done for carrying a knife . True there has been a few incedents with the police and the carrying of knives but I dont think theres been a prosecution .One BB member did have his Spyderco UKPK confiscated . Why when its legel EDC in the UK ? Because he was EDCing it while on duty as a bouncer  ::)

I wasted a full afternoon after being asked to go and be questioned over what I had bought on the internet from a company in France who had been importing banned stuff like Pepper Spray. While they waited for my son who lives with me to come in from work they (2 cars full  and a van load, 10-15 I was told by neighbors) searched my house. Whatever they were hoping to find they could not because what I had bought was legal and there was a receipt to prove it. They took that and my collection of knives, 2 air pistols, 1 air rifle and a bag of broken plastic softair guns my sons had used (with me) years ago in more sensible times. They also took all the computers in the house. I was given (after about a month of worry) lthe chioce if I signed away the weapons we could have the computers back or they said they could make a case out of it. I signed them away for the computers mainly because my son needed them for his IT job. Another reason is because the way it was presented 20+ firearms (yes broken air-soft guns are classed the same as any other firearm on a destruction sheet) plus the knives it sounded as if I was supplying the I R A. I have never been to court in my life and I was not going to court over what I had not done.
So in my case it was question/ why when it was all legal, answer/ because I had enough hassle and did not want more.
I do not shop for anything abroad now, because you do not know what else they sell.
On the other hand this is a very difficult time for our younger UK members who EDC a knife as a tool  :( I wouldnt want to be a teenager again my friends  :(

Dunc

Dave
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 02:17:04 AM by damota »

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #31 on: June 07, 2008, 09:45:12 AM
That sound's like a horrific ole time mate :o
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #32 on: June 07, 2008, 10:16:21 AM
That is bad  :o But I can understand their involvement due to the dodgy company in France  :( Such a shame you were caught up in it . Its an even bigger shame that your stuff was destroyed, perhaps thats their way of saying no further action but we got some weapons off the streets .From their point of view had they returned them and then a crime was commited using them it wouldnt have looked too good . Wrong I know and the chances are they were calling your bluff as they didnt have a case but I would have done the same as you .

Dunc

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #33 on: June 07, 2008, 05:40:57 PM
That really sucks mate.  :(
I'm back!!

Offline Rodion

• When shumer hits the fan, bolo for me, mam.
Reply #34 on: June 07, 2008, 05:49:54 PM
Wow. Now I'm afraid someone will see the Field Pup in my bob and think I work for the Hezbollah.  :ahhh
W

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #35 on: June 07, 2008, 06:17:01 PM
It would be a very bad idea to do either . What possible reason would a bouncer want a knife for ?
If the bouncer is like 99% of the other people out there his knife is a tool instead of a weapon and it never becomes a problem.

And the "no knives in a bar" law is absurd. If someone is a criminal outside the bar, walking past that sign and going into the bar isn't gonna make them a nice guy and quit carrying their knife. They'll still do it, or find some other weapon. So all it does is, once again, punish the normal guy who hasn't done(nor will do) anything wrong.

http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #36 on: June 07, 2008, 07:58:42 PM
DTH alot of it depends on where you live and your age . I myself have no problem due to the fact I'm in a rural village with a population of around 500 and considering things I'm involved with and I'm on call all the time then its just natural to carry a multitool .

dunc

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD