Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Reverse guilt pains

Offline Rodion

• When shumer hits the fan, bolo for me, mam.
Reverse guilt pains
on: June 06, 2008, 12:44:15 AM
I've ordered a Field Pup through a local outdoor retailer (same one who charges 300+ $ for a Charge TTi) for something like 130$. Ouch, I know. Well, I wasn't gonna risk importing a fixed blade...

Regardless, the store clerks wouldn't know that thing from a Ka-Bar and somehow, got the labels mixed up. I ended up holding in my hand a brand new Seal Pup.

Being the mommas boy that I am, I immediately alerted the shift manager and had the original order found. Only then did it occur to me to enquire as to the SP's price - apparently, I almost went home with a 200 dollar blade. At least, what passes for a 200 dollar blade around here...

Well, now I don't know whether to be proud of myself for doing the right thing, or beat myself up for not punishing the greedy retailer (and shaving off a healthy profit in the process). I mean, I'd still have overpaid 40 bucks! Man, bad guys are so much better off...

P.S. On the plus side, the Field Pup is a beauty of a knife and will likely run circles around the Seal model in any chore but killing Nazis.
W

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Reverse guilt pains
Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 01:15:12 AM
I'd say the dealer deserves the punishment, field pup goes for $40 here, and probably even cheaper in u.s.  :o

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Re: Reverse guilt pains
Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 02:57:28 AM
200$ for a Pup. You really got to let us start to ship you guys stuff!!!!

You all are getting screwed royally!!!
S

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44