Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Hacked Leatherman Owners Club.

zoidberg · 3532 · 387873

ro Offline Raoul Octav

Re: The Hacked Leatherman Owners Club.
Reply #2460 on: May 10, 2019, 05:38:56 PM
Well, i dont quite understand you guys.
The sandwich of scales and tools is held toghether by the sexbolt. The screw of the sex bolt appears to me to be quite long, and the bolt's lenght is slightly shorter than the stack of tools and washers, it looks slightly burryed in the thick washer.
Looks to me that it was intentionally tought like this, in order to be able to adjust the ease of deployment.
Nothing, except the locktab, sways. And seems to me the locktab was not made to fit perfectly between the scales, tolerances possible... and again i'm thinking at the tightness adjustment.
Sanger's laws:

-any problem has more than one resolve!

-by the way you look at the problem, the resolve may change!

-where's a will there's a way !

spam Offline Happy Gilmore

• No Life Club
Reply #2461 on: May 10, 2019, 07:00:00 PM
Well, i dont quite understand you guys.
The sandwich of scales and tools is held toghether by the sexbolt. The screw of the sex bolt appears to me to be quite long, and the bolt's lenght is slightly shorter than the stack of tools and washers, it looks slightly burryed in the thick washer.
Looks to me that it was intentionally tought like this, in order to be able to adjust the ease of deployment.
Nothing, except the locktab, sways. And seems to me the locktab was not made to fit perfectly between the scales, tolerances possible... and again i'm thinking at the tightness adjustment.

That's ok, I'm mostly just rambling.

:facepalm:

So I've spent the morning really looking at the Leap as just a tool and can't believe I didn't see it for what it is before.. this tool is compact, light, has a blade exchanger that allows other tools to be slotted in whenever necessary, and looks to have standard size pliers (possibly interchangable with rebar/wave) all at $39.95 what the heck.

https://images.app.goo.gl/5T5PmVd5ijXLNv6Z8

Not just that, it has what looks to be a set of scissors that could be quite good. AND ALL TOOLS ARE ACCESSABLE ON THE OUTSIDE!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 07:05:12 PM by Happy Gilmore »

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2462 on: May 10, 2019, 07:56:11 PM
It is the same plier head as the Rev :salute:

• No Life Club
Reply #2463 on: May 10, 2019, 09:51:39 PM
It is the same plier head as the Rev :salute:

Interchangable with wave/rebar ? Don't have a rev to check. Is it the smaller pivot size?

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2464 on: May 11, 2019, 02:49:27 AM
I am not really sure :think: I don't know if I have ever seen anyone mod a Leap or a Rev ??? I would guess they are the same size pivot as the Wave/Rebar range but can't be 100% sure unless one was taken apart and tested :D

au Offline munecito

Reply #2465 on: May 11, 2019, 04:38:38 AM

So I've spent the morning really looking at the Leap as just a tool and can't believe I didn't see it for what it is before.. this tool is compact, light, has a blade exchanger that allows other tools to be slotted in whenever necessary, and looks to have standard size pliers (possibly interchangable with rebar/wave) all at $39.95 what the heck.

Not just that, it has what looks to be a set of scissors that could be quite good. AND ALL TOOLS ARE ACCESSABLE ON THE OUTSIDE!

If you are talking about the straight blade slot, once it is installed it can't be removed unless you dismantle it. I have not seen anyone that alleges to be able to take it off.

au Offline munecito

Reply #2466 on: May 11, 2019, 04:41:39 AM
I am not really sure :think: I don't know if I have ever seen anyone mod a Leap or a Rev ??? I would guess they are the same size pivot as the Wave/Rebar range but can't be 100% sure unless one was taken apart and tested :D

The problem being the tube rivets on the plastic scales. How to drill them without overheating and damaging the scales.

• No Life Club
Reply #2467 on: May 11, 2019, 04:54:50 AM
The problem being the tube rivets on the plastic scales. How to drill them without overheating and damaging the scales.

I might not need to drill them initially if the plastic can rotate out of the way. If there is a mechanism inside that keeps the blade in I am very intrigued indeed

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #2468 on: May 11, 2019, 06:27:55 AM
If you are talking about the straight blade slot, once it is installed it can't be removed unless you dismantle it. I have not seen anyone that alleges to be able to take it off.

I did...

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #2469 on: May 11, 2019, 06:34:53 AM
Interchangable with wave/rebar ? Don't have a rev to check. Is it the smaller pivot size?

It's the same size as the wingman/sidekick. So it's smaller. The rev pliers can be used on the wingman with some modification but not the other way round.

• No Life Club
Reply #2470 on: May 11, 2019, 11:50:52 PM
It's the same size as the wingman/sidekick. So it's smaller. The rev pliers can be used on the wingman with some modification but not the other way round.

Majorly lame. For now the knifeless kick is still my choice for edc in school.

au Offline munecito

Reply #2471 on: May 12, 2019, 04:27:31 AM
I did...

Without dismantling it?

Go on! Spill the beans please!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2472 on: May 12, 2019, 06:06:55 AM
I received the one for my little girl and the blade was already in (bought second hand but unused ;) ) I took the blade out as well, as I recall I had to press against a plastic piece inside the handle whilst pushing it :think: been a couple years since I did this and I may be thinking wrong :shrug: :D

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #2473 on: May 12, 2019, 06:11:27 AM
Without dismantling it?

Go on! Spill the beans please!

I vaguely remember LM advertised it as one time installation.. I didn't remember them saying its not removable. Same way in, same way out.. That's it.  :)

au Offline munecito

Reply #2474 on: May 12, 2019, 10:09:40 AM
I vaguely remember LM advertised it as one time installation.. I didn't remember them saying its not removable. Same way in, same way out.. That's it.  :)

Ha. All throughout my flight I was thinking of what you said and arrived to the hotel and stayed to tinker with it.

I managed to also take the blade off. Same thing as you but I did it before I read your post.

And there I was thinking I was some kind of wizard.

Anyway. Can confirm. Reverse the installation instructions while pressing really hard on the liner lock.

I received the one for my little girl and the blade was already in (bought second hand but unused ;) ) I took the blade out as well, as I recall I had to press against a plastic piece inside the handle whilst pushing it :think: been a couple years since I did this and I may be thinking wrong :shrug: :D

Yeah now everyone just come and remind me that I was some genius reverse engineering master  :rofl: :rofl:

So it ended up being easy to remove. I did when I arrived to the hotel and when I came here to proudly show off. I found that Sam and Poncho had beaten me to it  :(

https://youtu.be/hohUlr5GjYI

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2475 on: May 12, 2019, 04:22:41 PM
No big deal if we beat you to it ;) I have done mods that I thought I came up with, later to be given a link of them being done more than a year before as well :D

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #2476 on: May 12, 2019, 05:01:49 PM
No big deal if we beat you to it ;) I have done mods that I thought I came up with, later to be given a link of them being done more than a year before as well :D
:iagree: so did I!

• No Life Club
Reply #2477 on: May 14, 2019, 02:11:46 PM
Before I took the Core knife apart I wanted to get some pics and a video.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxarjtogv4y/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=10tgtjo0v23md

https://youtu.be/46Q-ODq9Nyk

Cheers

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2478 on: May 14, 2019, 06:37:17 PM
So you didn't like it :think: I like how it looks and all the tools that were able to be put into it :like:

Was it not comfortable or just didn't work as well as it looks like it should  :think:

Looks nice though :dd:

You may have told the reasoning in the video but I only have looked at the pics ;)

• No Life Club
Reply #2479 on: May 14, 2019, 08:46:21 PM
So you didn't like it :think: I like how it looks and all the tools that were able to be put into it :like:

Was it not comfortable or just didn't work as well as it looks like it should  :think:

Looks nice though :dd:

You may have told the reasoning in the video but I only have looked at the pics ;)

At 4.8oz I might as well have pliers as well. However I realised it was the perfect way to carry my keys similar to a keybar, but with a bunch of locking tools on the other side. I am heading to home Depot to get some copies made for this project.

Atm it is completely bladeless with large flat prybar, bit exchanger, t-shank exchanger, lanyard, and file. The core has Soooo much space. And I can fit 4-6 keys on the other side easily.

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #2480 on: May 15, 2019, 08:14:00 AM
Back to some more pictorial posts...

ReWaveR still going strong...
415201975044.jpg
* 415201975044.jpg (Filesize: 308.76 KB)
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2481 on: May 15, 2019, 08:24:04 AM
Seriously...

A little while ago I turned the room over looking for a particular lanyard ring.
Nada, can't actually remember what I ended up using.
Then today when I was moving stuff around in a container I heard a rattle.
And sure enough it was the lanyard ring hiding inside an old key fob that is missing a button...

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2482 on: May 15, 2019, 12:11:04 PM
Great pic DT :like:

I hate losing things and having to look for them :facepalm: but even after I have given up it is an awesome feeling when you find it :like:

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2483 on: May 15, 2019, 12:13:09 PM
I hate losing things and having to look for them :facepalm: but even after I have given up it is an awesome feeling when you find it :like:

Yeah sure if I hadn't finished the mod and given it away already.

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #2484 on: May 15, 2019, 12:18:19 PM

:facepalm: :oops:

Happens to the best...
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #2485 on: May 15, 2019, 12:25:04 PM
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2486 on: May 15, 2019, 04:13:42 PM

::)

Sorry I hate to laugh but...... :rofl:

Hopefully the replacement you used sufficed :salute:

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2487 on: May 15, 2019, 10:58:29 PM
::)

Sorry I hate to laugh but...... :rofl:

Hopefully the replacement you used sufficed :salute:

Me too considering who it went to... think I used a washer maybe.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2488 on: May 16, 2019, 01:08:16 AM
Thinking I may know who that went to :o :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

• No Life Club
Reply #2489 on: May 16, 2019, 01:37:28 PM
Have some pics on Instagram but here is a video of the Core Keybar and my current EDC.

https://youtu.be/qnYvqr6O6bA

Cheers

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44