Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

How much does HE love the Swisstool?

Rodion · 71 · 6088

Offline Rodion

• When shumer hits the fan, bolo for me, mam.
How much does HE love the Swisstool?
on: June 06, 2008, 09:00:53 PM
This guy created a whole martial arts system around it.  :o

Here's a particularly juicy exerpt:

Grabbing someone’s testicles and other assorted "objects" with a pair of pliers is going to be a peculiar form of agony to anyone on the receiving end of such a counterattack. No vivid imagination is required. If someone wants to grapple and they are going to try to break your ankle or some other bone because they think it is "cool" or something, crush, twist and pull on one of their testes with a pair of pliers...see if that gets their attention.

I wonder what he'd think about the Powerlock...
W

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Re: How much does HE love the Swisstool?
Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 09:36:03 PM
I've always wondered what the hand of a mall ninja really looked like.  Now I know.  :D
- Terry

Offline Mike D

Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 09:46:38 PM
I've always wondered what the hand of a mall ninja really looked like.  Now I know.  :D

LMAO! :cheers:

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 10:03:12 PM
I think it was Ringzero that brought this up before.   He has some interesting concepts.  :)
I'm back!!

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 10:24:58 PM
Yes I saw this years ago and I think I have a print out of it somewhere . Its very interesting and can only be done with the std Swisstool . Oh and it does absolutely nothing to help EDCing one of these in the UK  >:(

Dunc

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 03:29:45 AM
I've never seen this before.. I agree with Dunc, this is something that will make multitools banned!  :-X
B

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 04:13:20 AM
A Swisstool(or any good sized multi-tool) might make a decent improvised kubaton but if you have enough time to pull those blades open like that a jury will wonder how come you didn't have enough time to run.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 04:24:51 AM
DTH, did you ever trade Samson for his SwissTool?
B

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 08:22:04 AM

I stumbled across this guy's site while searching for info on the old Kamp King boy-scout-style knives.

Since then I've read maybe half of his articles.

Some of his articles are reviews of various knives, with an emphasis on defensive use.  He advocates a defensive style based on various martial arts systems from the Phillipines.  Since I have no background in and little knowledge of said martial arts, I'm not really competent to comment on those articles.

However, a lot of his articles are just basic advice on using common EDC objects (flashlights, multitools, coin rolls, etc.) for self defense.  Those articles are pretty good, IMHO.  Mostly common sense, but still offering some good insights into defensive use of everday objects.

It might be beneficial to actually take the time to read some of the guy's articles before ridiculing him.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 08:52:33 AM by ringzero »
N

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 10:43:27 AM

It might be beneficial to actually take the time to read some of the guy's articles before ridiculing him.

No one is ridiculing him its just not a healthy thing to promote the Swisstool as a self defence weapon in the UK . You are not allowed to carry anything for self defence here . Its not a new law or anything its always been like that . I thought it was a goood article  was not intended for the UK anyway  ( theres no harm in reading it though  ;) ) . Mind you by the time you got the Swisstool out opened the blade turned it over to open the other blade you probably already on your way to the next world  :o I'd rather be 300 yrds down the road with smoke coming off my trainers . I think he does mention the use of a large mag lite , thats more like it  :D

Dunc

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 12:06:19 PM
Mind you by the time you got the Swisstool out opened the blade turned it over to open the other blade you probably already on your way to the next world  :o I'd rather be 300 yrds down the road with smoke coming off my trainers . I think he does mention the use of a large mag lite , thats more like it  :D

Actually in his multitool article, his first piece of advice is to run away from conflict if possible.

If surprise attacked, he advises using a multitool as a simple fistload (weight gripped in the fist) for striking.

Another scenario assumes a suprise attack while you are working on a car with a multi, in which case he advises using whatever implement you have open when attacked.

The part on using purposefully deployed implements was predicated on a scenario of having been pursued off a road and into the woods by several attackers.

You say that scenario sounds unlikely?  Well, that happened to me once - years ago.  Luckily, I was able to elude my attackers in the woods without having to fight, but it could easily have gone the other way.

Many people - perhaps most people - honestly believe this kind of thing could never happen to them - and hopefully it won't.

But, thinking about how you would respond in various scenarios doesn't hurt anything and it might well help.

N

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #11 on: June 07, 2008, 01:54:15 PM
Please mr thug come back in 3 mins, until I get my tool open and deployed right. then you can mug me.

It aint a defensive weapon its a tool. If you need something for defence just get a Dog Choke chain and put your keys on it. No one would be the wiser.

However I will stick to my pistol.

S

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: June 07, 2008, 02:00:49 PM
He advocates using a Mag lite and a Swisstool ( previously opened ) , as emergency self defence devices in a car breakdown situation . He hails from Maryland , I can see it as being a good move in some wromg side of the tracks hoods . Its a good , legally deniable system .

Chris

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #13 on: June 07, 2008, 02:29:06 PM
When I go to work I take a pack up lunch in a plastic box  :think: Wonder how I could use that in a self defence situation ? Perhaps I could offer them a sandwich then run away while they are eating it  . Or I could just take my shoe off and hit them with that  ::). Some people in certain countries over analyse  ( or analyze for the benefit of those) everything .

Sorry to go on its just that I cant understand why some people want to turn everything into a weapon .If you want a weapon then carry one , like a tactical knife or a gun .

Dunc

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Reply #14 on: June 07, 2008, 03:07:09 PM
He advocates using a Mag lite and a Swisstool ( previously opened ) , as emergency self defence devices in a car breakdown situation . He hails from Maryland , I can see it as being a good move in some wromg side of the tracks hoods . Its a good , legally deniable system .

Chris

Exactly right.

If you're broke down on the side of the road, and the cops roll up and see you holding a multitool and a Maglite - no big deal.

Same situation, but you're holding Maglite and a big knife or a Maglite and a pistol - that could get you arrested in many parts of the USA.

N

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #15 on: June 07, 2008, 03:13:04 PM

Chris

Exactly right.

If you're broke down on the side of the road, and the cops roll up and see you holding a multitool and a Maglite - no big deal.

Same situation, but you're holding Maglite and a big knife or a Maglite and a pistol - that could get you arrested in many parts of the USA.

In that situation that could work .

Dunc

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Reply #16 on: June 07, 2008, 03:34:09 PM
Some people in certain countries over analyse  ( or analyze for the benefit of those) everything .

Sorry to go on its just that I cant understand why some people want to turn everything into a weapon .If you want a weapon then carry one , like a tactical knife or a gun .

Dunc

That's really rich, considering that it comes from a Brit.

How many civilians in Britain EDC a tactical knife or a gun?

Many Americans live in oppressive, Democrat-controlled states.

Even in Republican states the big cities are usually Democrat-controlled and will often enact local policies concerning firearms and knives.

The whole country isn't as enlightened as New Hampshire or Texas when it comes to firearms and knives.

Many Americans make do with less than a big tactical folding knife and pistol EDCed for self defense, simply because they prefer not to violate the local laws.

Yet, strangely enough, many prefer not to be completely empty-handed in a self defense situation.

N

Offline Rodion

• When shumer hits the fan, bolo for me, mam.
Reply #17 on: June 07, 2008, 04:11:59 PM
When I go to work I take a pack up lunch in a plastic box  :think: Wonder how I could use that in a self defence situation ? Perhaps I could offer them a sandwich then run away while they are eating it  . Or I could just take my shoe off and hit them with that  ::). Some people in certain countries over analyse  ( or analyze for the benefit of those) everything .

Dunc

Are you serious? Do you actually believe carrying a tactical knife or a gun is something everyone can easily do??? I need no guesses to say you're American.

Besides the fact that carrying anything remotely hazardous is outlawed in more and more countries (I think it's the heat), having options is always better than not having them. You mock the man with a plastic lunchbox. Fine, here's how you can use it:

1. Throw it at the attacker. This is guaranteed to momentarily divert their attention if nothing else, giving you just enough time to reach for your weapon or run.

2. Open it and put the contents on the attacker's face. This will get even more attention, as well as deal some damage to their vision.

3. If your lunch box has a handle, you can use it as a flail, or a shield to bind your attacker's weapon.

4. If your lunch box snaps closed, you can use your imagination.  ;)

5. While the other guy is wrestling with your salad, you can kick them in the shin, knee them in the groin, elbow them in the temple and palm strike their nose in unmolested.

Anything on you (think belt or jacket) or in your hands (think heavy box in First Blood) can be successfully put between yourself and potentially lethal injuries, unless it has been specifically designed not to. Even then, you can still throw it. Ask any prison guard, they will tell you the same thing: a full hand is better than an empty hand.

In this light, I find the latest anti-weapon craze ludicrous: the only thing needed to kill or severely injure somebody is determination to do so. Even stripped naked and having had all of their teeth, nails and nasal hair removed, an adult person is still 40-100 kg of meat and bones, with more than enough power to snap somebody's neck, headbutt, or choke them to death. If any anti-knife activists are reading this: ladies, you're fighting a lost cause. Even when you have melted down every metal object in the world, criminals can and will still maim and/or rape you. And you won't even have your keys to help.
W

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #18 on: June 07, 2008, 05:29:21 PM
Actually Rodion, Dunc's a brit. And there would be no way you would catch me wasting my lunch on an attacker!  :o  Man's gotta eat!  :D
I'm back!!

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #19 on: June 07, 2008, 06:09:16 PM
Actually Rodion, Dunc's a brit. And there would be no way you would catch me wasting my lunch on an attacker!  :o  Man's gotta eat!  :D

Think I've hit a nerve    

Dunc

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #20 on: June 07, 2008, 06:15:15 PM
Some people in certain countries over analyse  ( or analyze for the benefit of those) everything .

Dunc

None I hope , I wasnt suggesting people should carry a weapon , far from it .

Dunc

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #21 on: June 07, 2008, 06:17:58 PM
DTH, did you ever trade Samson for his SwissTool?
No he traded it to someone else. I didn't have exactly what he was looking for.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #22 on: June 07, 2008, 06:18:20 PM

Dunc

Dunc

Actually I edc a bazooka!  :P
I'm back!!

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #23 on: June 07, 2008, 07:41:23 PM

Dunc

Dunc

Actually I edc a bazooka!  :P

I dont know if I want to know whats in your pocket  :think: Saying that though on a forum like this it can be very interesting  :D I bet your wife calls it a pea shooter though  :P

Dunc

us Offline Spork, Lord of Lime Jello!

• No Life Club
  • Benner fan club #003
Reply #24 on: June 07, 2008, 08:47:14 PM
When I saw the title of the post I thought there was going to be a photo of Dunc caught in a compromising position with a Swisstool... :D :pok:

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #25 on: June 07, 2008, 08:59:30 PM
When I saw the title of the post I thought there was going to be a photo of Dunc caught in a compromising position with a Swisstool... :D :pok:

Damn that satellite imaging :o  :D

Dunc

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #26 on: June 08, 2008, 12:28:23 AM
:o You've seen those picture's too :cry: :cry:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline Spork, Lord of Lime Jello!

• No Life Club
  • Benner fan club #003
Reply #27 on: June 08, 2008, 01:48:20 AM
All I'm gonna say is the fishnets involved aren't the sort you pull behind a boat...and they weren't on the Swisstool :o :D

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Reply #28 on: June 08, 2008, 02:19:47 AM

Dunc

Dunc

It surely reads like you were, but I'll take you at your word.  So, you advise people to go about completely disarmed and mentally unprepared to deal with aggression by casual thugs or professional criminals.

That at least clarifies things.

N

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #29 on: June 08, 2008, 08:20:45 AM

Dunc

Dunc

It surely reads like you were, but I'll take you at your word.  So, you advise people to go about completely disarmed and mentally unprepared to deal with aggression by casual thugs or professional criminals.

That at least clarifies things.

If you want to feel you have cleared things up then well done . People should try and be as mentally prepared but to go about armed in this country is breaking the law . Are you suggesting we should all arm ourselves and break the law to deal with aggression by casual thugs or professional criminals.

I'm not going to let this thread get dragged into a slanging match . All I was saying in the first place was why do some people always try to turn everything into a weapon .

Dunc

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD