Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

kkokkolis' EDC & SDC

kkokkolis · 272 · 38951

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Re: kkokkolis' EDC & SDC
Reply #120 on: November 09, 2015, 01:58:07 PM
Update on the Ritsarz Solingen eating knife, now I used it a lot. It's really handy for pieces of food but it is difficult to use it for small individual bits of food, like rice and spaghetti (I just ate that). It seems there is a reason why most forks are trident. Being bident and relativelly narrow doesn't help much.

For our Greek members, I found a store in Arachova (Mt Parnassus) that has many Ritsarz and Bilora knives, if you want to take a look next time you go there firiki.

I also bought this eyeglasses case that makes it easier than ever to change glasses, Bobino from Public stores.

Now I also EDC a Nikon Monarch 7 ED 8x30 binocular (rotation with the Pentax Papilio) and a Docter 8x21 C folding monocular, with 4 lenses for telescopic loupe conversion, described elsewhere.

Other than that, it stays the same.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #121 on: January 04, 2016, 11:01:10 AM
It seems like there are a lot of lurkers reading this site. I was surprised to see the local Victorinox representative using a picture of my EDC I posted here a while ago. The picture leads to the "Small Bags" section, although my model is discontined and no longer included there.

ny7a8u8u.jpg
* ny7a8u8u.jpg (Filesize: 292.63 KB)
Bag.jpg
* Bag.jpg (Filesize: 250.02 KB)

00 Offline WWW

• No Life Club
Reply #122 on: January 04, 2016, 03:02:02 PM
That is a really respectable collection of eye pieces!!! Mind if I ask what do you use it for?

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #123 on: January 04, 2016, 04:23:11 PM
What are you refering to? My binoculars/monoculars or my telescope eyepieces?

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #124 on: January 04, 2016, 05:00:05 PM
It seems like there are a lot of lurkers reading this site. I was surprised to see the local Victorinox representative using a picture of my EDC I posted here a while ago. The picture leads to the "Small Bags" section, although my model is discontined and no longer included there.

That little copyright faux pas should be good for some free Vic merchandise!! :cheers:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #125 on: January 04, 2016, 10:04:18 PM
That is a really respectable collection of eye pieces!!! Mind if I ask what do you use it for?

I see you said "eye pieces", which are not "eyepieces" (=oculars) which are used combined with a telescope  objective (lens or mirror). My oculars are in the last picture, inside their case.

I also guess that with "eye pieces" you don't mean "pieces of eyes". No,that would be disgusting.

So, eye pieces are optics. Now  I can answer.

With my telescopes (3 Newtonians, 2 Maksutov Cassegrains, 1 Schmidt cassegrain, 2 Refractors crrently) I see the night sky. The moon,the planets, the sun (with the smaller ones and always with an Astrosolar filter), open and globular star clusters, double stars, nebulas and galaxies. I particularly like Saturn, Jupiter, nebulas and globulars.
With the refractors and the smaller Maksutov I also do terrestrial observations, mainly marine. Ships, boats, marine birds etc.
With binoculars I see everything. All can be used on birds, animals, boats, airplanes etc. The larger ones (Canons with Image Stabilisation) are good also for astronomy. The middle are the all arounders, the Zeiss Conquest beein the gem of my arsenal and the Nikon Monarch 7 the EDC asset. The Zenica is a perfect pirate scope, good for everything at a long distance.
I also use the smaller binoculars (the Nikon and the Pentax) for shows. I used them recently in open theaters (Acharnes of  Aristophanes) and closed ones (Black theater of Prague, "Nine", The Merry Widow, Madama Butterfly comes next). I usually carry two because my wife always uses one pair. If my kids use the other I use my Docter monocular (but stereovision is much better).
The Papilio, Docter, Opticron and Seibert have also field microscopic properties. You can see butterflies, ants, flowers, sand, gems and minerals, jewels, stamps, money, museum excibits. Also the signs across the road when on the move (monoculars are good for that). They have medical use also, from nails to skin lesions.
My Stereomicroscope and my loupe are used for microscopy. They show what the field microscopes show, at greater magnifications (the microscope). The loupe is the standard geological and gemological tool.
My glasses are used for my myopia. My myopia balances my presbyopia, so I take them off and I can read anything at a very close distance.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 10:07:45 PM by kkokkolis »

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #126 on: January 04, 2016, 10:09:58 PM

That little copyright faux pas should be good for some free Vic merchandise!! :cheers:

That's a good idea but this isn't our usual behavior in this part of the world. I'm a bit proud they used that photo to be frank and that's rewarding enough for me.

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #127 on: March 28, 2016, 08:13:35 AM
You had time to slow down yet?

I noticed you were online and thought I'd check up on ya :D

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #128 on: March 30, 2016, 06:33:12 AM
Actually, my tachometer is on the red zone right now. I collect metal toy soldiers at the moment though, just for fun. I also decided to put the Surge in my new car's glovebox permanently, when it comes.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #129 on: July 30, 2016, 10:03:14 AM
Update of my bags.

Back Row, left to right. (it's upside down for some reason)
1. My spacious Backpack.  Used for transfering items to my summer house and for big trips. 7-8 years old.
2. My gadget Backpack. Used for laptop and for trips as a cabin bag. I put a couple of shirts, underwear and my toothbrush for short trips and I EDC it when traveling, as I did with no 1 before. 2 years old.
3. My Trevi Briefcase. EDCed for work, more than 260 days a year. All my EDC items, plus documents and my laptop, when needed (Lenovo 700 now). 8 years old.
Middle Row, left to right.
4. My Racheted bag, used as backpack, monosling, messenger bag, funny bag. Used as an alternative to 6,  but has less space. 2 years old.
5. My Monosling. Used as an alternative to 6,  but has less space. 2 years old. 
6. My Teardrop Monosling, my leisure EDC bag. 10 years old.
Front.
7. My gadget holder. Lenovo cables, mouse and stuff. 3 years old.

In front of the EDC bag (6) you see a Nikon Monarch 7 ED 8x30 and above it a Pentax Papilio 6.5x21. Left my eCig and right a Wenger Hunter 130mm. Behind my iPhone and other small items. Nikon is always there, Pentax mostly in the country.

In the main comoartment you see my Bag in Bag with all I need. Sunglasses in a nice multi function case, a big tin box with USB drive, my Siebert Emoscope (minute telescope/microscope from the maker of Minix lenses), Docter 8x20 Monocular with macro lenses, optics miceofiber cloth etc. Medium tinbox for eCig fluids, zippered pouch for seconf eCig, cables and accessories, two small tinboxes with MnMs and Skittles and another tinbox underneath for Tablet and Phone cables and chargers. My LG tablet is behind (where I put maps and a small book at will) and in the Bag in Bag pockets optics cleaning fluid, cleaning pen (with brush), sanitizer, sharpener (Vic), my flashlight, eCig juice, my Sony DSC etc. My Skinth Shield with Vic Spirit and scissored alox and Vic Rachet and LM bit kit is also shown. It is summer, so you see a hat, in winter there's an umbrella. I also put my wallet ther when swimming or pass an airport check.
The Bag in Bag (shown in a former configuration) goes from bag to bag and fits all 6. I just move this and my binoculars every Friday and Sunday or when I'm going for a trip.
There's also a sling pocket with handkerchiefs (dry and alcohol pads) and a net for a soda, were I usually put my keys. In the main compartment I put my Zeiss Conquest 8x42 when I go birding or stargazing, or my Leika 8x20 when I go to the opera (my wife uses them and I use the Pentax or the Nikon instead). That makes 5 optics (Zeiss or Leica, Nikon, Pentax, Docter, Siebert)! All in a small bag. I love that bag and it is a pitty they don't make it any more. My wife strengthened the bottom with plastic and cloth, so it will be strong for another 10 years or more.

photo2.jpg
* photo2.jpg (Filesize: 112.12 KB)
photo3.jpg
* photo3.jpg (Filesize: 89.88 KB)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 10:05:28 AM by kkokkolis »

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club
Reply #130 on: July 30, 2016, 11:44:52 AM
Nice SAKs and MTs you have there  :tu:

A bit of redundancy nevertheless  :whistle:

You must be a strong man to carry all day that EDC  :D

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #131 on: July 30, 2016, 12:56:38 PM
It's not that much. My work bag is the heaviest. I'm used to it anyway.
What's the redundancy? MnMs AND Skittles? But I like both!

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club
Reply #132 on: July 30, 2016, 05:00:17 PM
It's not that much. My work bag is the heaviest. I'm used to it anyway.
What's the redundancy? MnMs AND Skittles? But I like both!

2 Multitools and various SAKs  :whistle:

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #133 on: July 30, 2016, 06:14:31 PM
It's one scissorless multi (Spirit)  and one scissored SAK (custom 3 layer alox).

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club
Reply #134 on: July 31, 2016, 01:56:32 AM
But inside your Skinth there are more

Enviado desde mi GT-I9060 mediante Tapatalk

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #135 on: July 31, 2016, 12:50:28 PM
Actually, no. Inside the Skinth Shield there live the Spirit and the Alox.

Are you talking about the Skinth Catchall? I'm not carrying that any more. I used to when all these tools were new to me and I loved to play whith them all day long. Now I keep it in the house, with the Crunch and Charge and some parts. I only carry the Shield, which is minute in front of the CatchAll. In place of the CatchAll I carry my Nikon Monarch, which are elementary for me. I used a monocular and still use during seminars (bad eyesight) but binocular vision can't be surpassed.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #136 on: August 12, 2016, 07:03:02 PM
Better looking, always bitting.
Minichamp Ladybug.jpg
* Minichamp Ladybug.jpg (Filesize: 122.24 KB)

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #137 on: August 18, 2016, 02:58:14 PM
We are pretty close to the finish of our vacations. It was 20 working days, plus 5 weekends, 30 days in total. Marvelous, from start to finish.  Vacations at our summer house is my only opportunity to bike. Here are mine and my wife's bikes, tied together, as we are.

And here pieces from my vacations' EDC. I forgot the Streamlite Stylous Pro. My urban EDC is the same, I just leave out the Wenger Hunter 57 and one of the binoculars usually the Papilio.

And my new car's EDC, so far.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #138 on: August 18, 2016, 03:01:52 PM
 :tu:   :tu:   :tu:

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #139 on: August 21, 2016, 10:03:55 AM
I had a flash yesterday and thought I might try to fit something different in my Skinth, in place of the scissored Bantam. First, I replaced (again) the LM bit kit and adapter for a regular 6mm hex set of 10 bits, with the adapter for the Vic Philips driver. This is a bit fatter but the bits fit the Vic wrench and so I have more functionality.
Remember, I need a solution with scissors, since my Spirit has the two  blades format.
A Mountaineer fits, but it is extremely difficult to close the Skinth. A Climper or, even better, a Pioneer X, would fit better, but I don't have any.
A Wenger Climber equivalent (something like 14, with no locking blade) fits perfectly, because it is shorter at 85mm, but Wenger scissors aren't my preferance.
Then I remember my old LM Squirt S4. This has scissors comparable to Vic's, less precise but with more comfortable handles. It also adds some tools for grooming and treatment of electronics. I put that in place of the Alox Vic and now there is free space. A small Bic fits but very tightly, it's difficult to remove the tools. I leave the free space for the moment.
I used my Vic scissors regularly. I didn't use any of the other tools, since the Spirit has drivers and I always reach for my Opinel when I need a blade. Let's see how much I'm going to use my Squirt's scissors and other tools.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #140 on: August 23, 2016, 12:38:13 PM
For signature reference, my EDC Opinel #8 Jardin
Katerina.jpg
* Katerina.jpg (Filesize: 203.72 KB)

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #141 on: September 18, 2016, 11:31:21 PM
Keyring EDC as of today.
I'm going into an inflation scale again.  :facepalm:

photo1-1.jpg
* photo1-1.jpg (Filesize: 61.98 KB)

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #142 on: April 29, 2017, 09:11:50 AM
New Additions
Nitecore MH27UV 1.jpg
* Nitecore MH27UV 1.jpg (Filesize: 80.16 KB)
Nitecore MH27UV 2.jpg
* Nitecore MH27UV 2.jpg (Filesize: 61.07 KB)
Nitenumen NH01.jpg
* Nitenumen NH01.jpg (Filesize: 133.64 KB)
2017-03-26 10.15.51.jpg
* 2017-03-26 10.15.51.jpg (Filesize: 105.05 KB)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 09:16:15 AM by kkokkolis »

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #143 on: April 29, 2017, 09:13:28 AM
Don't forget the pic kay.   :pok:

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Re: kkokkolis' EDC & SDCIt
Reply #144 on: April 29, 2017, 09:17:37 AM
It didn't let me to post pics because it was an old thread. After posting the text, it was as good as new, so there are the pics.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #145 on: April 29, 2017, 09:26:23 AM
Very nice.   :tu:

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #146 on: April 29, 2017, 09:37:39 AM
Forgot the Fidgets!
Fidgets.jpg
* Fidgets.jpg (Filesize: 65.94 KB)

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #147 on: August 21, 2017, 01:24:51 PM
New additions.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #148 on: August 23, 2017, 09:03:39 AM
A vanity shot of the Nitecore SRT 9 accessorized.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #149 on: September 11, 2017, 03:53:20 PM
New additions.

The Skinth M7 Toolet, with Gerber Double Take, SwissCard Nailcare, Chums Tasker, sewing kit and bandaids etc

The MecArmy SGN3 on the keychain (with Squirt P4, Spyderco Ladybug, Minichamp Signature).

The Nitecore SRT 9 goes in my Bag in Bag, the Skinth Shield XXL stays (with Spirit as the main tool), there's a Victorinox Diamond sharpener also and a QC3 Quick Charger Adapter with 3 USB ports.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 03:55:59 PM by kkokkolis »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD