Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Bent wire cutter warrentied?

Offline sbaker54

• New User
Bent wire cutter warrentied?
on: April 19, 2014, 12:15:45 AM
My personal leatherman is a charge TTI I picked up recently, that being said my dad has about 4 leathermans and he was the one who got me into him, I found an original super tool with the wire cutters all chewed up, I am considering sending this in, would wirecutters fall under warranty? I don't really care if they replace it with a newer model or just replace the pliers, but I would like to get it fixed up.

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Re: Bent wire cutter warrentied?
Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 12:45:15 AM
My personal leatherman is a charge TTI I picked up recently, that being said my dad has about 4 leathermans and he was the one who got me into him, I found an original super tool with the wire cutters all chewed up, I am considering sending this in, would wirecutters fall under warranty? I don't really care if they replace it with a newer model or just replace the pliers, but I would like to get it fixed up.
I can't say for sure whether they still have any original ST pliers laying around but worst case they'll probably send you a brand new Rebar :D
SAW

us Offline colt 1911

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 01:47:11 AM
Send it .

Swiss Army knives .

CHEERS

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 01:59:15 AM
I have said it before and I will say it again. It seems as if damaged wire cutters are the only thing they will not cover as the only real way to damage them is abuse. They might still replace it, but they have turned down doing this service before. The worst that can happen is they return your tool and you waste your money shipping and your time. If you wan't to try it out its worth a shot though. I would personally call or send the a e-mail first though.
I'm the milk man!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD