Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New Toys

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: New Toys
Reply #30 on: April 14, 2014, 12:27:56 PM
I don't mean to bag on a product, but isn't a wrench made for an oxygen tank that's made of a ferrous metal kind of ... stupid?

And, looking at dedicated oxygen wrenches, I think I'm right here... zink or plastic from what I'm seeing.

No idea about the optimal material for a oxygen wrench, but since we are talking about the oxygen wrench I have to put this out there. I just don't understand why they put such specific features like this on tools that maybe a fraction of the people who actually buy the tool will use it for. I would love to see a survey of 100 people who buy a OHT and see how many people actually use the oxygen wrench for its intended purpose. Why not put a open wrench there instead? They could actually do many different size open wrenches in places of the deployment holes for the four tools that have a deployment hole. Much more functionality and useful to the normal person in my opinion.

Because it's sexy.  If you have one you can pretend you are a resident at Grey's Anatomy.  Just imagine how great it would be to work at a hospital where no one is fat or ugly and everyone has sex at the drop of a hat.  All you need to be a part of that is an oxygen bottle wrench and some basic medical tools and you are set.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #31 on: April 14, 2014, 01:43:21 PM
Where is this hospital at? I wanna work there.

live from Nate's mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #32 on: April 14, 2014, 01:45:02 PM
You need to buy a Raptor first.

Def

Sent from a digital multitool

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #33 on: April 14, 2014, 01:45:35 PM
I don't mean to bag on a product, but isn't a wrench made for an oxygen tank that's made of a ferrous metal kind of ... stupid?

And, looking at dedicated oxygen wrenches, I think I'm right here... zink or plastic from what I'm seeing.
Should be ok with the coating and its made of SS.

live from Nate's mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #34 on: April 14, 2014, 06:46:12 PM
I'm pondering eating my shoe with steak sauce. No, it won't be the first time.

Earlier, I remarked about the $100 price tag on the Raptor. I have been drooling over this tool since Def made the post and am actually tempted to make an exception and pay an outrageous price for this pair of shears.

Someone please save me from myself. I need to be talked out of this.

:ahhh
SAW

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #35 on: April 14, 2014, 07:51:09 PM
Sorry man, no help from me.  Despite its shortcomings I like the Raptor.

Def

Sent from a digital multitool

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #36 on: April 14, 2014, 08:35:00 PM
Dammit, now I have one comming too.  Cheapest I could find it was on Amazon.ca  65.66 CDN. 

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00BHZJA58/ref=ox_ya_os_product_refresh_T1
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline sawman

Reply #37 on: April 14, 2014, 08:40:42 PM
Seems I've joined the club too. Just got one from Amazon for $74.95 (free 2 day prime shipping)!

Sure beats paying $100. :)

Thanks Boss :cheers:
SAW

de Offline RT1969

• No Life Club
  • Straight Silver!
Reply #38 on: April 14, 2014, 08:49:39 PM

Earlier, I remarked about the $100 price tag on the Raptor. I have been drooling over this tool since Def made the post and am actually tempted to make an exception and pay an outrageous price for this pair of shears.

Haven't you seen the scale on the shears? Now you can measure how awesome you can cut with it!  >:D

Seriously, don't overstretch your wallet for a pair of measly Leatherman shears, get the Swissor! You can save enough on Amazon right now to buy a Raptor  >:D

And now really seriously: I would not pay so much for a pair of scissors. I live in hope that the price on the Raptors will drop, because I find them seriously overpriced.

us Offline sawman

Reply #39 on: April 14, 2014, 08:52:15 PM

Haven't you seen the scale on the shears? Now you can measure how awesome you can cut with it!  >:D

Seriously, don't overstretch your wallet for a pair of measly Leatherman shears, get the Swissor! You can save enough on Amazon right now to buy a Raptor  >:D

And now really seriously: I would not pay so much for a pair of scissors. I live in hope that the price on the Raptors will drop, because I find them seriously overpriced.
That Swissor does not fold up nicely to go on one's belt. I know $75 is a hefty price to pay for a set of shears, but it is the only thing of its kind on the market. I made an exception to my main rule (only buy bargains). What else can I say...
SAW

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
Reply #40 on: April 15, 2014, 09:16:36 PM

Our oxygen (and other gas bottle) wrenches are all metal, I would guess steel of some description off the top of my head.
Plenty of other steel etc around and the oxygen bottle sits right next to a propane bottle for cutting.

us Offline sawman

Reply #41 on: April 16, 2014, 07:41:21 PM
A special thanks to Grant for turning me onto the Raptor! It really is an awesome tool  :cheers:
SAW

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #42 on: April 16, 2014, 09:28:32 PM
Mine should be here by friday. :D I wanted one, I just needed a little push.  Grant was the push.  :D
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

us Offline sawman

Reply #43 on: April 16, 2014, 09:39:25 PM
Mine should be here by friday. :D I wanted one, I just needed a little push.  Grant was the push.  :D
I hope you like yours as much as I do. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it :)
SAW

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #44 on: April 17, 2014, 11:51:22 AM
It's amazing how much our thoughts differ on the Raptor.  I like it, but I see all the shortcomings.  You like it and think it's perfect.  :D

I guess Leatherman is happy knowing that we both bought them, and are encouraging others to buy them too!  :D

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #45 on: April 20, 2014, 08:55:44 PM
The OHT got itself a bit of a workout today.  I installed five sensor lights around my property today, three replacing existing sensor lights and two more solar powered ones being added. 

We often talk about multitools versus dedicated tools, but I have to say, the OHT (and most multitools) also does a bang up job alongside any of the dedicated tools.  Since I was at home I had full access to my tool box, but it was still beneficial to have my OHT handy.  The OHT stripped wire, cut tape, opened packaging and even turned screws, despite having a powered screwdriver right there.

On a related note, I have come up with a new First World Problem- the switch for forward and reverse on my powered screwdriver (essentially a small drill) is in exactly the same place as on my larger cordless drills, but it is exactly backwards.  Press the thumb side in on one and it goes forward, and on the other it comes out, and vice versa.

Def

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #46 on: April 20, 2014, 09:02:18 PM
All my drills have been push thumb side to go reverse.  I can see how it might be annoying if you were used to one way.

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
Reply #47 on: April 20, 2014, 09:38:37 PM
Eww. That would mess with my head too.

Get a Bosch one, they're really nice to use  :tu:

I've got a previous generation one that I got cheap from ebay, and despite having "better" tools I can't get rid of it.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%