Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What do you HATE seeing in review videos?

N_N_R · 160 · 7405

us Offline Luna Knife

• No Life Club
Re: What do you HATE seeing in review videos?
Reply #150 on: June 26, 2015, 04:17:51 AM
I like Survival on Purpose

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #151 on: June 28, 2015, 02:59:06 AM
You can thank the old lady that spilled her coffee on her legs and sued the living smurf out of McDonalds for 2.86 million back in 1994.

Appears the final verdict was $640,000 USD.

Well, I will point out that if you have second degree burns from the coffee, as she did, someone screwed up badly behind the counter. That's the part no one brings up. This wasn't an "oww, hot", her injuries were consistent with something that was near or at boiling. Nothing that hot should go to the customer UNLESS it is expected to be that hot, and coffee shouldn't be. Yes, Oww is ok. Massive blistering, not so much.

However, I am sick of my damn peanut butter having a nut allergy warning on it. Look, I get it, I'm allergic to shrimp. But really? "May contain nuts?" On peanut butter? Or just a jar of peanuts? I don't look at a shrimp and wonder if it has shrimp in it. That's like the warning "product may be sharp" when I buy a knife- it better be or someone is getting an annoyed email about this.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 03:00:30 AM by ironraven »
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #152 on: June 28, 2015, 05:02:49 AM
Third degree burns. The most severe, requiring skin grafts.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald's_Restaurants

My brother, when he was in high school, got doused from the waist down in hot oil when a deep fryer tipped on him. He had the same burns in the same area, and I can tell you, it wasn't funny.

People like to pull this case up as people suing over silly things without understanding how serious this lady's injuries were. And yeah, NO ONE expects coffee to be near the boiling point.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #153 on: June 28, 2015, 05:15:44 AM
You can thank the old lady that spilled her coffee on her legs and sued the living smurf out of McDonalds for 2.86 million back in 1994.

Appears the final verdict was $640,000 USD.

Well, I will point out that if you have second degree burns from the coffee, as she did, someone screwed up badly behind the counter. That's the part no one brings up. This wasn't an "oww, hot", her injuries were consistent with something that was near or at boiling. Nothing that hot should go to the customer UNLESS it is expected to be that hot, and coffee shouldn't be. Yes, Oww is ok. Massive blistering, not so much.

However, I am sick of my damn peanut butter having a nut allergy warning on it. Look, I get it, I'm allergic to shrimp. But really? "May contain nuts?" On peanut butter? Or just a jar of peanuts? I don't look at a shrimp and wonder if it has shrimp in it. That's like the warning "product may be sharp" when I buy a knife- it better be or someone is getting an annoyed email about this.

Hey, I never said she should not of sued or the coffee was not much to hot. I just mentioned it because N_N_R mentioned it says HOT on her coffee from McDonalds.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #154 on: July 01, 2015, 03:05:14 AM
Fair enough, Cap. It is a knee jerk reaction on my part.

Now, if you want annoying law suits... Around here, people with money buy land next to a farm so they can see the quint cows. Then sue the farmer because manure stinks.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #155 on: August 28, 2015, 08:43:32 AM
"Subscribe, rate, subscribe even BEFORE you start watching this video!!!!!!!!!!!!" are quotes from vids that make me rate them low immmmediately.
I hate so much people telling me what to do or people thinking so high of their channels, who the smurf are you to tell other people what to do, why the smurf do you think your channel's so worthy of other people's attention ?! Everyone can decide by themselves to subscribe or not, wtf.

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #156 on: August 28, 2015, 09:24:39 AM
The dirty nail thing has come up early in this thread.  Theres one thing to be unclean and a whole other where the person is in the field or clearly has been working with the tool. 

I'm not into watching gear reviews when the reviewer seems to have only the tech specs and not actual usage of gear.  I don't count back yard or staged usage as actual usage.  I'm over watching reviewers of knives tell me the knife holds an edge when opening boxes. Good grief how many flipping boxes are you all opening?  I don't buy it and I certainly dont buy all this pristine gear that supposedly has been "hard used". 

My favorite is the packs, bags, and every other container holding gear that the reviewer has no clue he/she put it in there.  That item has been in there so long they totally forgot.

Aloha, denying it won´t help. We are all opening more boxes than the average citizen....Isn´t there at least one people in your local post office that knows you by name from picking up boxes with toys?  ;)
I always have some tool or knife with tape residue laying around...

hr Offline styx

Reply #157 on: August 29, 2015, 12:39:10 AM
Well I got a new one or an old one. Don't know if I said it before but here it is...

Kids. Not kids playing, running, screaming, helping with reviews (although I do strongly dislike this in instructional videos because it takes forever or the kids explain something they don't really grasp and know, at least most of the time). It is kids doing reviews.

Most of this is because you see they are just parroting something from some popular channel they follow. Even more so when they set themselves up to be experts with a metric ton of experience.
The smaller amount of it is the chipmunk voice trying to tell me that I should buy this item because it is great even though it is brand spankin new
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Reply #158 on: August 29, 2015, 12:50:18 AM
I dont care for reviews with gloves on unless you are showing how the tool can be used with gloves on.

Sometimes, the gloves are so the tool doesn't quickly get loaded with fingerprints.

My pet peeve is when someone goes down a list, showing what implements a current production MT has. By the time I find a YouTube video, I already know that.

I do need to work on my brevity though. My latest comparison vid was 35 minutes. In my defense, there were 6 MTs featured in it, so I guess that averages out to < 10 min.  :-\
-Jeremy
"Well begun is half done."
-Aristotle

hr Offline styx

Reply #159 on: August 29, 2015, 09:26:05 AM
I need to find your yt channel to voice my complaints here ;)
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%