Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What is the first SAK of your life ?

us Offline sambeaux

Re: What is the first SAK of your life ?
Reply #30 on: April 25, 2014, 03:37:44 PM
We seem to have a little bit of a theme going on. I got my first SAK in 1985, for Christmas... I was in the 6th grade.
It was a Camper.  :climber:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #31 on: April 25, 2014, 06:21:09 PM
Back in 89 my grandfather was using his champion plus, he saw the look on my face and asked if I would want one? So I was like, of course, well your going to have to wait till your 12! So two years I had to panic, but the time came and I received my own champ plus with leather sheath! Only took me a few months till I lost it in the woods! We took metal detectors up and notta! Till one day the following year, I was running threw the woods and tripped over something, landed flat on my face all to see my sak two feet in front of me under a leaf! Couldn't believe it! Totally forgot why I was running, my sister fell and hurt her ankle, I could care less! I Took it home and cleaned it up! Still have it to this day, it's more of a piece of history to remember my grandfather who passed. But two years ago my older son(turned 12)got his first sak a champ+! And in two years my younger son will get his, when he turns 12! JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

nl Offline Serena

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: April 25, 2014, 06:35:30 PM
When I was 11 or 12 I got a Classic with piano print from my dad. Lost it within a year.
2 years later he bought me a Wenger in Switzerland. Still have this knife, but unfortunately the blade is bent.
Nowadays i Carry a Climber at work and a Huntsman in my private time. 

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #33 on: April 25, 2014, 07:25:21 PM
Long ago... in the strange year of 2012, here on MT.O, I made a post about can openers. Little did I know where it would lead. It turned out to be the fuse that lit the fire that was the great can opener debate of 2012.

At that time, I had never owned a swiss army knife. For testing purposes, Jersey Devil sent me a Victorinox Tinker. My first SAK.

I now have... umm... a FEW more. Like 11 or so. :D

It was 2 years, and three days ago that I made the first post where I mentioned using it. I have not been a SAK owner for very long.

us Offline Kid33

Reply #34 on: April 25, 2014, 09:33:17 PM
My first was a Super Tinker which is an awesome SAK!   I got it about a year and a half ago.   Now I own about 30 SAKs!!  jeez..
A wise man speaks few words

us Offline Jack Chen

Reply #35 on: April 25, 2014, 10:18:04 PM
 :2tu:   :climber: thanks for all the people respond to this topic

WOW, everybody has a amazing story.

I understand, the first SAK may not always have good ending story, but, it sure bring our memory back to the old time........

As you see my posted picture, my Victorinox Camper economy version, the knife in the picture was not the real one, it is replace one, my real one was given to my best friend after I own it for 3 years. He was going to move to other country.
My second SAK was the same model as my first one(1992~1994).
But after I own it for 2 or 3 years, it get stole by other older high school student. it was the year of 1994.
My 3rd SAK is Victorinox huntsman with black handle.

So, where and when I get my first SAK model back as a replace?

ebay!
I get it back from ebay since 2007.

before I get it back.
I visit a lot of antique store looking for it, but I have no luck.
I thought I will never find it any where in the antique store.
Until someone tell me I can try ebay.
I don't even know how to use ebay before someone teach me how to use.
I search ebay for a while ~
Saw some one sell it (Victorinox Camper economy version) New in box, so, I bid and buy for it.
I am so happy that I can have it again !

au Offline DazMechanical

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: April 26, 2014, 08:21:48 AM
My first SAK was a red classic that my dad gave me when I was 6 or 7, it had some corporate advertising on the back. I lost it years ago... I've moved houses quite a few times, always loosing stuff. I really did love that little SAK. A while back I bought a replacement classic SD in black for my keychain. :)
darren

Offline fathead_101

Reply #37 on: April 26, 2014, 11:02:07 AM
First SAK was a gift from my dad when he went overseas for work in early 90's. It was an explorer, which he actually picked up in switzerland while passing through there. I thought it was just the best to have a genuine swiss army knife from switzerland. Didn't stop me from losing it somewhere down the track though :( Happy to say that I did get some use out of it and took it on a few camping trips and spent a fair amount of time just playing around with it. Great present to a boy, and now with sons of my own I'm looking forward to when they're old enough to gift them with their first SAK

us Offline charlie fox

Reply #38 on: April 26, 2014, 02:07:40 PM
I found my first SAK. My friend and I were collecting aluminum cans in a parking lot (a pretty easy way for a 13 year old to make money) and there it was! I don't remember what it model it was except that it had a saw and scissors. My mom confiscated it a few weeks later and I never knew what happened to it:( When I joined the service, I bought a Recruit and carried it through training and on several assignments. I gave a lot of these away to friends and coworkers over the years. In the mid-to-late 80's I started carrying a Super Tinker and did for about 20 years. Now I carry ether a Recruit or Cadet, occasionally a Classic or Rambler (mostly when wearing a suit or in an NPE).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

us Offline Hyatt181

Reply #39 on: May 11, 2014, 03:10:25 AM
Here is mine. It's been through hell and back. Actually have 2 that my dad gave me. Both are in very rough condition.
They have since been retired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like bowls, they contain chaos.

us Offline hrvstmn31

Reply #40 on: May 11, 2014, 03:59:36 AM
Mine was a Super Tinker I picked up jeez back in November currently on the lookout for a wenger ranger to retire it.

Offline stot

Reply #41 on: May 11, 2014, 04:39:47 AM
Received an 84mm Tinker as a gift in the mid 70s. It disappeared after a few years. I've carried a Super Tinker, Scientist, and spent many years with a Yeoman but still have a love for the small Tinker. Today I have one from the 60s in my pocket. I like the clip point small blade, file on the Phillips, and the sharpened edge on the cap lifter.

nl Offline car2oonz

Reply #42 on: May 11, 2014, 10:32:13 AM
Spartan bought when I moved from the UK to the Netherlands in 1984. I had no tools with me, so needed something handy. It's still going strong,  a few nicks here and there and the stamped logo (it's an 'Economy' version, so no metal logo) is almost worn off. I gave it to my son a few weeks ago.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #43 on: May 11, 2014, 10:52:02 AM
Mine was a standard/Spartan bought for me by my aunty in about 84 ,lost years ago sadly  :-\ but reinner sent me a exact copy of it a while ago and it lives in one of my maxped organisers  :tu:

us Offline GigaHz

• No Life Club
Reply #44 on: May 11, 2014, 11:15:06 AM
My mother in law was Swiss and got me a CT34 in 2000. I had many knock offs before that and wasn't impressed, until I got a real one. I have been using Vic SAKs ever since.

Offline Glofindel

Reply #45 on: May 11, 2014, 12:23:39 PM
My first one was Spartan I bought it when I was 12 years old, used it for a while and realised that I hate crockscrew so bought a Recruit. Few months later bought Executive in retail shop in the city. I was really like the size of it.
Then after I moved to Australia I carry only Classic for few years. Now Cadet, Minichamp and Pioneer.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #46 on: May 11, 2014, 12:57:52 PM
108mm Mauser Officers knife :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68