Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gerber Mp600 owners club ;)

Zed · 1272 · 107757

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Re: Gerber Mp600 owners club ;)
Reply #210 on: January 24, 2016, 10:45:01 PM
I may have to make my Franken-Gerber bladeless for my new job. Strict no knife policy, but I want to carry a MT.

I may have to buy the bladeless Rebar after all.   :D
I'm the milk man!

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #211 on: January 24, 2016, 10:49:08 PM

Just outta the box, didn't even clean the grease off yet! :tu:
(Image removed from quote.)
Is this your first flicky?  It's addictive to flick them

That it is.  I've annoyed bosses quite a bit flicking at work. >:D. Very nice SAK Guy! :tu:

Yes Monrogue!  :salute:

Thanks JD!  I'm working on my technique!  :D

With the tool flat, hold the end of the outside handle. Give the tool a sharp flick to the outside with your wrist, and the pliers will pop out.
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Reply #212 on: January 27, 2016, 08:19:25 PM
I'm joining with another entry; just placed the order for a MP600 Pro Scout yesterday. My other one is the MP600 bladeless.

The problem being is that it´s hard to find U-shank blades in general and ones with the hole and adequate thickness even more so. At least here in germany.
If you have a good source, let me know.

We have a good selection of Bosch U-shank blades here in the US. Maybe not quite as many as T-shank but enough to have something useful. If you want some badly enough to ship them from the US, drop me a PM or email and I'll go pick some up for you.

I went for the PS because it is US-made and I like the tool combo and the fact that it has the old style wire cutter.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 08:20:56 PM by Smaug »
-Jeremy
"Well begun is half done."
-Aristotle

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Reply #213 on: January 27, 2016, 08:24:55 PM
With the tool flat, hold the end of the outside handle. Give the tool a sharp flick to the outside with your wrist, and the pliers will pop out.

There's also the other way, the way that Leatherman recommends for their models with the slide-out pliers.

Hold with the thumb and forefinger on the release buttons, with the tool handles down. Then press the buttons and flick it downward, so the handles drop away from the plier head.

Since the handles with tools are heavier than the plier head, this method works with a lot less speed and force, it's more reliable for me.
-Jeremy
-Aristotle

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #214 on: January 28, 2016, 03:33:01 AM

There's also the other way, the way that Leatherman recommends for their models with the slide-out pliers.

Hold with the thumb and forefinger on the release buttons, with the tool handles down. Then press the buttons and flick it downward, so the handles drop away from the plier head.

Since the handles with tools are heavier than the plier head, this method works with a lot less speed and force, it's more reliable for me.

True, that works well also.  They're just so fun to flick the way I posted that I rarely open them in any other way. :)
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #215 on: January 28, 2016, 03:57:57 AM

True, that works well also.  They're just so fun to flick the way I posted that I rarely open them in any other way. :)
Same here

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

K-Tibbs

us Offline NetsNJ

Reply #216 on: January 28, 2016, 11:31:59 PM
I have a Pro Scout with a chipped flat driver and the plier tips that have become misaligned.  Do you guys think Gerber would cover these under its warranty?

--

I love flicking the pliers outward.  It just feels awesome.  The multitool equivalent of

and you can't do it with a Leatherman!  That said, I worry that they'll get too "loose" if I do this (rather than using the slider buttons). 
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 11:35:30 PM by NetsNJ »

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #217 on: January 29, 2016, 05:16:42 PM
I have a Pro Scout with a chipped flat driver and the plier tips that have become misaligned.  Do you guys think Gerber would cover these under its warranty?

--

I love flicking the pliers outward.  It just feels awesome.  The multitool equivalent of

and you can't do it with a Leatherman!  That said, I worry that they'll get too "loose" if I do this (rather than using the slider buttons).
Wait, are you flicking it open without depressing the buttons? That shouldn't happen.

Gerber should cover your Pro Scout. More than likely they will just send you a new one.
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #218 on: January 29, 2016, 05:52:54 PM

--

Wait, are you flicking it open without depressing the buttons? That shouldn't happen.

Gerber should cover your Pro Scout. More than likely they will just send you a new one.

Mine works that way...the buttons only  have to be depressed to retract the pliers.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 05:54:21 PM by SAK Guy »
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #219 on: January 29, 2016, 06:06:46 PM

--

Mine works that way...the buttons only  have to be depressed to retract the pliers.

Yeah, and all the Gerber instruction manuals I've seen actually recommend you do it that way. That's probably why they don't have a lock to keep them closed.

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #220 on: January 29, 2016, 08:08:27 PM
Huh. I just had a look at all my Mp series tools. You're right, theres nothing but friction preventing the pliers from opening. I cant believe I didn't notice that before.

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #221 on: January 30, 2016, 02:24:48 AM

--

I love flicking the pliers outward.  It just feels awesome. 

You can most certainly flick out the pliers on the OHT. Did it all day at work today.

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Reply #222 on: January 30, 2016, 05:29:17 AM
Huh. I just had a look at all my Mp series tools. You're right, theres nothing but friction preventing the pliers from opening. I cant believe I didn't notice that before.

OK, Turn in your Man Card.
-Jeremy
-Aristotle

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #223 on: January 30, 2016, 06:13:47 AM

OK, Turn in your Man Card.
:-\ But then how will I get into the Man Club?

Seriously though, I always just depressed the buttons before flicking. Never even occurred to me to try it without.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #224 on: January 31, 2016, 12:19:00 AM
I have my first flicky tool on the way.

Sellers Pics

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #225 on: January 31, 2016, 12:29:38 AM
Nice, Blunt nose pliers with the standard cutters. Great catch

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #226 on: January 31, 2016, 12:50:11 AM

Sellers Pics

It'll be a shock to the system after LM!
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #227 on: January 31, 2016, 06:17:31 AM

Sellers Pics

I got one of those too!  Got mine a couple weeks ago.  Pretty cool tool at good price.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #228 on: February 01, 2016, 03:53:31 PM

Sellers Pics

I got one of those too!  Got mine a couple weeks ago.  Pretty cool tool at good price.

I got it at a great price with the Make an offer option.

us Offline NetsNJ

Reply #229 on: February 01, 2016, 06:33:05 PM
You can most certainly flick out the pliers on the OHT. Did it all day at work today.

Forgot the OHT!   :whistle:

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #230 on: February 02, 2016, 12:48:01 PM

Very nice, congrats.   :cheers:

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #231 on: February 02, 2016, 12:49:44 PM

Sellers Pics

And another congrats.   :cheers:

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #232 on: February 02, 2016, 01:00:57 PM

:pommel:

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #233 on: February 02, 2016, 03:36:29 PM

Very nice, congrats.   :cheers:

Thx Dr. Z!!!  :cheers: :cheers:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #234 on: February 02, 2016, 03:59:48 PM

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #235 on: February 07, 2016, 10:39:09 AM
Hello everyone! I am a new member, but really long time lurker.
All I know about Gerber MTs has come from you guys and this section of the forums.

You made me appreciate my old Mr.Pinchy and acquire other MP series multitools during these years!

May I join the club today?  ;) My original and first MP600, was the blunt nose version above.

And I also have a needle nose, BO MP600 with replaceable wire cutters from time to time...and two Dime tools, one of them in my BOB bag.

also...does this guy count? Got it for the novelty factor and found it excels at trimming my plants and gardening chores.

I get a lot of use out of it, but remains as shiny as my Vic Spirit!

Thank you all!
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Marcellus

• What does Marcellus Wallace look like?
Reply #236 on: February 09, 2016, 12:00:15 AM
Showed my bladeless MP600 to my auto mechanic today and told him I had another one with  the  blade

He said that he had two MP600s  himself

I call that a good thing, and a draw

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #237 on: February 09, 2016, 01:34:14 AM
MP600's forever! :viking:

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #238 on: February 09, 2016, 02:20:59 AM
+1

Hey Peacent, did you know that the shear head from your Multitasker will fit into the MP600 frame?

Heres an older pic of mine:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #239 on: February 09, 2016, 01:30:08 PM
+1

Hey Peacent, did you know that the shear head from your Multitasker will fit into the MP600 frame?

Heres an older pic of mine:

Yeah, I know! I've read the two threads I could find about it, the thing is I am not sure I want to swap out the heads.

The utility and toolset provided by the Multitasker on its own is better suited for my gardening tasks than the MP (OHO blade, saw, and precision/small pliers), which is more suited for city/industrial areas IMO.

Thanks for the tip, though!
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%