Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Show me your kitchen knives

us Offline Rux

Re: Show me your kitchen knives
Reply #30 on: June 18, 2014, 07:28:23 PM
Good point, I'll look into it when I get home. No receipt though. They might just dismiss it as "knife abuse" but worth a shot. The worst that can happen is they say no.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #31 on: June 20, 2014, 12:45:08 AM

:whistle: :whistle:
I'm the milk man!

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #32 on: June 20, 2014, 03:44:59 AM
Shiny!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #33 on: June 20, 2014, 03:58:53 AM
Shiny!

It's much more shiny than in the pictures. I was trying to get angels to make it less shiny in order to see the detail in the blade.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #34 on: February 10, 2016, 09:11:22 PM
Ha I never posted a pic so here they are. 

IMG_9207 copy.jpg
* IMG_9207 copy.jpg (Filesize: 178.04 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #35 on: February 10, 2016, 11:58:52 PM
Nice!   :tu:   :tu:   Got a favourite there Aloha?

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: February 11, 2016, 12:05:55 AM
used to have a full set of Cutco , now if you saw my set now I would be laughed right off this forum  :rofl:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #37 on: February 11, 2016, 12:12:40 AM
I have used a set Wusthof classics for years

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #38 on: February 11, 2016, 12:53:52 AM
I love my cleaver for most everything.  Funny story, I took a trip to San Fransisco in the early 90's.  While in China town I saw the cleaver and a great Wok.  I got both and since I carried my luggage on I just threw to cleaver in my bag and carried the Wok.  I placed my Wok and bag on the scanner with no issues what so ever  :rofl:.  I still have the Wok and it's so nicely seasoned after 20+ years.   

I also like the ProS  :tu:
Esse Quam Videri

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #39 on: February 11, 2016, 01:21:01 AM
I love my cleaver for most everything.  Funny story, I took a trip to San Fransisco in the early 90's.  While in China town I saw the cleaver and a great Wok.  I got both and since I carried my luggage on I just threw to cleaver in my bag and carried the Wok.  I placed my Wok and bag on the scanner with no issues what so ever  :rofl:.  I still have the Wok and it's so nicely seasoned after 20+ years.   

I also like the ProS  :tu:.

:salute:

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #40 on: June 06, 2016, 11:02:49 PM
Well its been over 2 years and the Shun and Wasabi (Both made by Kershaw) are going strong. Love them both and they were money well spend in the kitchen department. I have some Victorinox kitchen knives of different sizes and purposes as well. I need to get a Spyderco chef knife to try out soon. I have been itching for a new chef knife in the higher end of the spectrum if I can save up for one. Japanese all the way. I will do a bunch of research again (been a while) and see what jumps out at me. Maybe I can get something sooner or later.

Shun and Wasabi pic. Sorry for the lame picture, but as mentioned before my camera is completely jacked up and I cannot see if it is focusing, where the picture is being take, or if it is glitching out. I'm flying blind so to speak so out of probably 50 pictures this is the best one.  :facepalm:

I'm the milk man!

au Offline Brock O Lee

Reply #41 on: June 07, 2016, 11:28:37 AM
We have a block with cheap-ish German kitchen knives (chef, bread, carving, 6 inch utility and paring knife) that have been really good workhorses for the last 10 years or so. We also have a few Victorinox paring knives, SE and PE.

Then I also have a few Spyderco's:

I just love the K04 SE (6 inch serrated utility) and the K05 PE (4 inch plain edge utility). They have thin blade stock, and stays sharp for long.

I would love some fancy Japanese kitchen beauties in HAP40 or Aogami super, but my wife will destroy them within a month.  :cry:  :ahhh
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 11:30:00 AM by Brock O Lee »
Hans

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #42 on: June 07, 2016, 04:14:05 PM
I like the looks of (L to R) the first and third knives.

Good looking knives Capt  :tu:.     
Esse Quam Videri

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #43 on: June 07, 2016, 05:54:34 PM

I would love some fancy Japanese kitchen beauties in HAP40 or Aogami super, but my wife will destroy them within a month.  :cry:  :ahhh

that's why she doesn't get to use that one. Somehow I doubt she would go for that though.    :D
I'm the milk man!

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #44 on: June 12, 2016, 11:22:01 AM
We have a block with cheap-ish German kitchen knives (chef, bread, carving, 6 inch utility and paring knife) that have been really good workhorses for the last 10 years or so. We also have a few Victorinox paring knives, SE and PE.

Then I also have a few Spyderco's:

(Image removed from quote.)

I just love the K04 SE (6 inch serrated utility) and the K05 PE (4 inch plain edge utility). They have thin blade stock, and stays sharp for long.

I also use an H1 knife in the kitchen, mainly during summer as it is also my EDC fixed blade.

Made by G.Sakai (makers of Spyderco's H1 blades in Japan) it excels at kitchen duties due to its thin stock and overall shape.

I recommend taking a look at it, especially if you have a destructive wife (or mate), as the H1 steel rolls without chipping and can be sharpened anywhere easily, with the added bonus of being 100% rust proof.

Excellent grind and thickness for food prep or fruit cutting in summer hikes, wilderness dinners and camping

You can prepare the meal, and leave the knife dirty and wet (sometimes for days while out with friends  :drink:) without worries

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #45 on: June 20, 2016, 02:19:11 AM
Found some pics of the Shun and Wasabi from when I got them.

I'm the milk man!

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #46 on: June 25, 2016, 10:04:00 PM

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #47 on: June 26, 2016, 05:17:57 AM
Some nice looking knives Capt. 

Heres a few more of mine.
IMG_0971 copy.jpg
* IMG_0971 copy.jpg (Filesize: 159.62 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #48 on: June 26, 2016, 09:43:55 AM
Love those!  :drool:
I'm the milk man!

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #49 on: July 05, 2016, 04:20:48 PM

My toys:

au Offline sak60

• No Life Club
Reply #50 on: July 13, 2016, 08:55:13 AM
Three Icel's an Old Hickory butcher and a Sheffield made Dadley .
IMG_20160713_161205751-600x800.jpg
* IMG_20160713_161205751-600x800.jpg (Filesize: 160.88 KB)
Andrew

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #51 on: July 13, 2016, 12:16:55 PM
Nice! Those Old Hickory knifes make for a great hunting and bush knife.

Nate

Nate

SEND IT!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #52 on: July 13, 2016, 06:09:51 PM
I normally am very picky about my kitchen knives which is why I wanted a couple for family to use when they come over so they do not use my more expensive knives. I ordered these Emerils for various reasons and I have to say I am VERY impressed for the price. They feel so solid and cut beautifully. I love them already. Best inexpensive kitchen knives I have bought in a long time.

https://www.amazon.com/Emeril-Santoku-Paring-Forged-Emerilware/dp/B0195L27L4/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1468425939&sr=8-9&keywords=emeril+kitchen+knives

I'm the milk man!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #53 on: July 15, 2016, 08:08:50 AM
They look great.  I'd go into shock if someone wanted to help in my kitchen  :rofl:
Esse Quam Videri

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Reply #54 on: July 15, 2016, 09:09:18 AM
These look spooky compared to the fancy stuff in here :)

From top to bottom, the first two are regular knives. The third one is mainly for "börek" (which is a local dish, also made in some eastern European countries) and for large fruit like water melons and also frozen meat etc... The fourth one is a regular one. The last one is the most interesting one for me. My grandpa has converted this knife to a serrated knife by "grooving in" ( :think:) dents with gaps in every centimeter or something. The tip is good to remove seeds from watermelons and similar stuff.
picture (1).jpg
* picture (1).jpg (Filesize: 187.96 KB)

gb Offline Weasel

• No Life Club
Reply #55 on: July 16, 2016, 04:23:57 PM
Nice kitchen knifes everyone, I don't have anything fancy to show in the kitchen knife department , but most of the time whatever's in my pocket gets used
Weasel

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #56 on: July 16, 2016, 04:28:01 PM
These look spooky compared to the fancy stuff in here :)

From top to bottom, the first two are regular knives. The third one is mainly for "börek" (which is a local dish, also made in some eastern European countries) and for large fruit like water melons and also frozen meat etc... The fourth one is a regular one. The last one is the most interesting one for me. My grandpa has converted this knife to a serrated knife by "grooving in" ( :think:) dents with gaps in every centimeter or something. The tip is good to remove seeds from watermelons and similar stuff.

I quite like 3 and 4.  Thanks for sharing. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #57 on: July 16, 2016, 04:29:39 PM
Nice kitchen knifes everyone, I don't have anything fancy to show in the kitchen knife department , but most of the time whatever's in my pocket gets used

As long as its sharp and does the job  :tu:.  I like using my SAK for food prep.  I also use my fixed blades when I'm carrying one. 
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline Weasel

• No Life Club
Reply #58 on: July 16, 2016, 04:33:13 PM

As long as its sharp and does the job  :tu:.  I like using my SAK for food prep.  I also use my fixed blades when I'm carrying one.
Yeah saks are great for food prep, so is my pm2 I use that a lot .
Weasel

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #59 on: July 16, 2016, 04:43:41 PM
Opinels work wonderfully as well.  Its actually fun to use what you have in your pockets for food prep in the kitchen.  When I camp I use my RAT3 and Mora.       
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD