Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Do you think Wengers locking blade will show up on some Vics models?

Aloha · 10 · 1269

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
I took my Wenger S10 out yesterday and remembered how much I liked the locking blade.  I've never had an issue with a blade closing on me but sometimes a "safety net" is nice.  I know the many countries don't allow a locking blade so maybe not.  I was thinking it would be neat to have a Swisschamp with a locking blade.  I was thinking maybe on some of their 91mm "outdoor" knives.  Just a random thought I was having.     
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
A Huntsman or Fieldmaster would be sweet if the blade locked.

live from Nate's mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline neillcurrie

• Wanted: SpydeWrench
I like and appreciate the locking feature on my Wengers. IMO they are a nice plus, with very little real downside that matters to me.
My only minor wish would be for the lock button/pusher to be a little more integrated into the overall form of the knife. Not that it catches on much, nor that it hurts my fingers, it's mostly an aesthetic frippery.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
I like and appreciate the locking feature on my Wengers. IMO they are a nice plus, with very little real downside that matters to me.
My only minor wish would be for the lock button/pusher to be a little more integrated into the overall form of the knife. Not that it catches on much, nor that it hurts my fingers, it's mostly an aesthetic frippery.

Seems like a great opportunity for Vic. 
Esse Quam Videri

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
They don't seem to be integrating any of the Wenger features in their line up for now. Just some Vic tools in the Delemont Vics. I'd actually much rather see a version of the button lock (liner lock) Wenger uses on their 130mm integrated into the 91mm and 111mm models. Hopefully we'll see some other hybrids soon. :D

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Good thinking, I sincerely hope someday Victorinox will make some 93 Alox models with a frame lock, such as the farmer. 

00 Offline Fattsgalore

Locking blade, ehh...I'd much prefer designs which opened one handed.

de Offline RT1969

• No Life Club
  • Straight Silver!
They don't seem to be integrating any of the Wenger features in their line up for now. Just some Vic tools in the Delemont Vics. I'd actually much rather see a version of the button lock (liner lock) Wenger uses on their 130mm integrated into the 91mm and 111mm models. Hopefully we'll see some other hybrids soon. :D

That's what I am thinking. That would be pure genius on the 91mm platform. And it would be much safer to close than a pure linerlock.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Bludy well hope not! Not enough useful slippies as it is! Besides,it would take a major redesign of the 91mm knife layer to instal the Wenger lock mechanism
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline twiliter

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • motionless wheel, nothing is real
Good thinking, I sincerely hope someday Victorinox will make some 93 Alox models with a frame lock, such as the farmer.

Good idea, seems like one of the modders here could make a liner lock for a 93mm. After seeing the insides of a 111mm, it doesn't look too complicated, but too advanced for me to try. I like the S lock on the 85mm Wengers, more in theory though, my S557 hangs up a little when unpocketing, but the blade sure locks up nicely.  :tu:

A Farmer with a locking combo blade would be sweet... :)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 01:04:16 AM by twiliter »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD