Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

WTB: 2nd Gen. Streamlight Microstream

us Offline AccuNut

• Does it come in Vibranium?
WTB: 2nd Gen. Streamlight Microstream
on: May 23, 2014, 02:46:32 AM
I am looking for a 2nd generation Streamlight Microstream.

For those who don't know, this means it is composed of 3 separate parts; a head, body tube, and tailcap.(Granted, the head and body tube are glued together.) They changed the design for the 3rd generation so that it is just 2 pieces; a head/body tube, and tailcap.

I currently EDC the 3rd Gen., and love it, except for one thing....the bluish tint the light has. It isn't terrible, but I got spoiled by a Preon HCRI. :D

Hence the reason I am looking for a 2nd Gen. Using a roundabout way of reasoning, I have figured out that the head from my Preon should fit on the body tube! (Preon head fits on ITP A3 body tube, ITP head fits on Microstream body tube, hence Preon head should fit on Microstream body as well, right? :think:)

I have already scoured the internet on the off chance that somebody was selling one, no such luck. :-[
SO....if you happen to have one laying around, (or know someone who does) I would like to see if this would work! :D

If your not sure whether it is a 2nd or 3rd generation, take a look at the pocket clip. Assuming it wasn't removed, broken, or modified, the 3rd generation has a two-way pocket clip, (bends back toward the tailcap to allow clipping to a baseball cap :)) the 2nd generation doesn't.

Hoping somebody would part with one for $10.00. I would of course pay for shipping, which looks like it would be about $6.00 using USPS Flat Rate packaging.

Only stipulation is that it be fully functional, that way I still have a useable flashlight if my head-swap theory proves futile. :D

Thanks,
     AccuNut
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm ONLY those are neither INCLINED nor DETERMINED to commit crimes. Such laws make things WORSE for the ASSAULTED and BETTER for the ASSAILANTS, they serve rather to ENCOURAGE than PREVENT homicides."
-Thomas Jefferson
(Emphasis added)

us Offline hrvstmn31

Re: WTB: 2nd Gen. Streamlight Microstream
Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 11:45:07 PM
I bet Dale has one but I haven't seen him lately shoot him a pm you never know.

us Offline AccuNut

Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 04:31:08 AM
Thanks for the info!

PM sent, now comes the hard part.....waiting. :whistle:
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm ONLY those are neither INCLINED nor DETERMINED to commit crimes. Such laws make things WORSE for the ASSAULTED and BETTER for the ASSAILANTS, they serve rather to ENCOURAGE than PREVENT homicides."
-Thomas Jefferson
(Emphasis added)

us Offline AccuNut

Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 11:47:56 PM
Still looking, in case anyone was wondering. :)
-Thomas Jefferson
(Emphasis added)

us Offline AccuNut

Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 04:38:09 AM
Anyone? :pok: ???
-Thomas Jefferson
(Emphasis added)

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 04:39:36 AM
It's not looking good.  :(
I'm the milk man!

us Offline AccuNut

Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 08:09:27 PM
(Sigh) Oh well, it was worth a shot though.
-Thomas Jefferson
(Emphasis added)

us Offline tattoosteve99

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 03:15:47 AM
Candle power forums maybe. If not have a modder there change the led to a high cri tint
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

us Offline Yaesu Man

Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 06:31:46 AM
Have you checked eBay?  Amazon might have some old models still in stock, not sure how much they'd be or how you'd confirm that you're getting the correct one though.
"Remember, if the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy." - Red Green

"The Second Ammendment is the only thing keeping them from taking the First." - Phil Valentine

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%