Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I Think I Was Bamboozled!

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
I Think I Was Bamboozled!
on: July 29, 2015, 10:07:25 PM
It all started when I checked my email at 2:00 AM EST on July 24TH.I read an email sent by Adorama that advertised a Leatherman Wave/bit extender/Croc combination for sale.When I clicked on the link I was sure that it stated the wave was a BO model.I immediately thought this would be a good time to add a BO Wave with the ancillary BO tools to my collection.

Once I made the purchase I went to bed.The next morning I checked my email and discovered that Adorama had acknowledged my order and it would be shipped soon.

Well,fast forward to today when the packaged finally arrived. I was eager to see my new BO tools so I wasted no time in opening the box,only to discover it wasn't what I thought I had ordered.

Since Adorama has changed the link I can't prove anything.Life holds many twists and turns for toolguys and toolgals and this is just one of them.LOL.

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,60947.0.html
DSCN2268.JPG
* DSCN2268.JPG (Filesize: 186.08 KB)
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Re: I Think I Was Bamboozled!
Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 10:10:29 PM

It all started when I checked my email at 2:00 AM EST on July 24TH.I read an email sent by Adorama that advertised a Leatherman Wave/bit extender/Croc combination for sale.When I clicked on the link I was sure that it stated the wave was a BO model.I immediately thought this would be a good time to add a BO Wave with the ancillary BO tools to my collection.

Once I made the purchase I went to bed.The next morning I checked my email and discovered that Adorama had acknowledged my order and it would be shipped soon.

Well,fast forward to today when the packaged finally arrived. I was eager to see my new BO tools so I wasted no time in opening the box,only to discover it wasn't what I thought I had ordered.

Since Adorama has changed the link I can't prove anything.Life holds many twists and turns for toolguys and toolgals and this is just one of them.LOL.

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,60947.0.html

Well it's not all that bad anyway, just return or resell it
P.S.: if I were you I'd just keep it

------------
Dream. Wish. Leave nothing undone. Repeat.

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 10:21:06 PM
Sheesh, what a bummer.

I can understand how disappointing this is for you, so I have decided that I am willing to shoulder some of the burden for you.

If you want to send it my way, you will not have to see it, and the wounds will be able to heal.

You do not have to thank me, I am happy to help, it is the least I can do.

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 10:28:55 PM
-----------Dream. Wish. Leave nothing undone. Repeat.

There's only one problem,I already have a SS Wave.I surely do wish this was the BO model.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 10:33:12 PM
Gift it? Send some unsuspecting friend, family or colleague into the doom spiral of multitool enthusiasm.

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 10:33:25 PM
Sheesh, what a bummer.
I can understand how disappointing this is for you, so I have decided that I am willing to shoulder some of the burden for you.
If you want to send it my way, you will not have to see it, and the wounds will be able to heal.
You do not have to thank me, I am happy to help, it is the least I can do.

Yea I get it,stop whining.LOL.

I was really looking forward to a BO Wave since I have the SS model.

My sons have already offered their help in this matter and I would have to defer to family first.Thanks for your offer though.

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 10:33:30 PM

-----------Dream. Wish. Leave nothing undone. Repeat.

There's only one problem,I already have a SS Wave.I surely do wish this was the BO model.

Just give it to somebody you think should really have one and doesn't yet

------------

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 10:36:36 PM
Gift it? Send some unsuspecting friend, family or colleague into the doom spiral of multitool enthusiasm.

They're already there.That's why my Blue Farmers were highjacked.LOL

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 10:44:27 PM
It isn't such a big thing, but a mistake no less. Do you have an email with the conformation of your exact order? That should convince 'em
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: July 29, 2015, 10:52:44 PM
It isn't such a big thing, but a mistake no less. Do you have an email with the conformation of your exact order? That should convince 'em

It's really not that big of a deal.

The email they sent to me,confirming my order,already had the original link changed to the new link which also had the price changed to $99.95 instead of the original offer of $59.95.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #10 on: July 30, 2015, 12:41:17 AM

It's really not that big of a deal.

The email they sent to me,confirming my order,already had the original link changed to the new link which also had the price changed to $99.95 instead of the original offer of $59.95.

The email should state a description of what you ordered which would say BO Wave or just Wave which could determine the original order.

My gut feeling is you misread the description as I have never seen a BO Wave offered with the Croc and Bit extender.

I might be interested in trading you something for the set though. I have been looking for a Wave and would like the extender and Croc. I would also consider just the Wave for trade as well. Let me know.  :salute:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 12:42:41 AM by captain spaulding »
I'm the milk man!

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: July 30, 2015, 01:46:57 AM
The email should state a description of what you ordered which would say BO Wave or just Wave which could determine the original order.
My gut feeling is you misread the description as I have never seen a BO Wave offered with the Croc and Bit extender.
I might be interested in trading you something for the set though. I have been looking for a Wave and would like the extender and Croc. I would also consider just the Wave for trade as well. Let me know.  :salute:

There is a distinct possibility that I made a mistake.There's also the same possibility that Adorama made the  mistake.In the years that I've dealt with Adorama I have discovered several items with the same item number that had two different prices.

I just discovered this search that indicates that Adorama had advertised this combo in black oxide.Not counting the Amazon ad at the top,Adorama's ad is the 8TH search result from the top and they did in fact advertise this combo in black oxide.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Leatherman+Black+Oxide+Wave%2FCroc%2FBit+Extender+for+sale&ia=products

When I clicked on the search Adorama does indicate this is offered in black oxide.Here is the wording from that ad:

Materials 420HC Stainless SteelAn improved, high-carbon (HC) form of 420 stainless steel that works well with high production tooling. 420HC's strength is optimized in Leatherman multi-tools by heat treatment.

Material Black Oxide is a powder-based metal coating. Ideal for situations where giving away a position would be costly, it is widely used by the military for its effectiveness in reducing glare and reflection.
Mfr #831876SKULHT831876

http://www.adorama.com/LHT831876.html

At this point the discussion is moot since it doesn't appear that Leatherman ever manufactured this combo in BO.

Other than my desire to own a BO Wave there was the Croc tool that also was of interest to me and I would like to keep that.

I could be persuaded to trade if the offering was of great interest to me,let  me know what you have to offer.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%