Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Please help identify this multi tool

au Offline archerwin

Please help identify this multi tool
on: May 30, 2014, 10:58:18 AM
I did some initial searching but I'm not sure if it's correct. I think it's a buck tool of some sort. I don't know the real name.

Is this rare or collectible? If yes, what is its worth? Thanks

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Re: Please help identify this multi tool
Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 11:32:20 AM
As it says on the handle, it is a MiniBuck 350 made by Buck Knives.  Quite a small MT.  Not common, but not super rare.  Now if you had a black version everyone would be knocking down your door trying to buy it.

Value would depend on condition and how badly someone wants it.  Recent sales on eBay sold for between $13.50 and $54.99
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

au Offline archerwin

ca Offline Landrew

• Not yer typical toothless abductee
Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 06:06:43 PM
As it says on the handle, it is a MiniBuck 350 made by Buck Knives.  Quite a small MT.  Not common, but not super rare.  Now if you had a black version everyone would be knocking down your door trying to buy it.

Value would depend on condition and how badly someone wants it.  Recent sales on eBay sold for between $13.50 and $54.99
I could blackify it, but it would probably lose some of it's hardness properties.  The small springs that give the handles the detent-points when they are folded out or in, tend to fall out of it sometimes. This leaves the handles feeling a bit flippy-floppy.

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 01:49:28 AM
I have a several of these, and they all feel quite delicate, almost to the point of being flimsy. The mechanism seems to be not quite robust enough for use as a tool, and consequently I much prefer my LM Squirt P4 for a small pocket tool.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%