Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Anyone here edc a Super Tinker?

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Anyone here edc a Super Tinker?
on: June 03, 2014, 08:46:51 PM

I'm looking to see if anyone around here edc's a Super Tinker. Any feedback on them?
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Re: Anyone here edc a Super Tinker?
Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 08:56:21 PM
I got a Climber which is almost the same, but really, any SAK is good, it's just the tool load that has to suit you or not. I prefer having a SAK with the corkscrew, personally, but the backspring Phillips works well enough.
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

nl Offline Serena

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 09:02:23 PM
I love my Climber. The corkscrew indeed is handy, even for your shoelaces. I carry the Climber at work. When I'm free I EDC a Huntsman.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 09:41:22 PM
On and off...I really shouldn't need or want to carry any other SAK at work. Unlike a lot of folks,I do like the backspring Phillips,everything else is is spot,no redundancy!
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 11:03:04 PM
One of my favorites to carry.  In fact it was in my pocket yesterday and today.  :tu:  I've never had an issue with the backside Phillips, it's gotten me out of more than a few jams over the years.  Just a good, basic SAK with no extra tools I'd rarely if ever have a use for.
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline colt 1911

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 11:09:43 PM
Solid Sak for sure, I like the back side Phillips it lays flatter than the corkscrew, the down side is no micro driver.

Sak's  rule !

CHEERS

us Offline twiliter

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • motionless wheel, nothing is real
Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 01:05:30 AM
I did EDC a Super Tinker for a while, it was my first SAK. I still have a Climber in my EDC rotation, usually on Saturdays. I'm not a big fan of the back phillips, but the tool selection is otherwise excellent. If you have no need whatsoever for a corkscrew or mini SD, the Super Tinker is perfection.  :tu:

us Offline Grateful

Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 02:35:21 AM
 I carry mine regularly and if I'm honest it's really all the pocket knife / tool that I need. It has a useful set of tools that cover the basics for me especially when carried with a pair of pliers.
 I switch around edc because I am a knife Knut , not because the Super Tinker lets me down.

Jim

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 02:38:02 AM
I carried one off and on for quite some time and I too like the climber cause of the cork screw that can hold the eyeglass screw driver but then I swapped it out with the Explorer, which gives me the best of both worlds!  I get the cork screw and still have a philips driver! :)

au Offline DazMechanical

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 03:40:29 AM
The Super Tinker is my perfect EDC! It has everything I need on a regular basis and nothing I don't need. The back side Phillips has never let me down. All of my 91mm SAKs have the back side Phillips (except my SwissChamp) as I have no use for the cork screw or mini SD.

I do carry a LM ST300 in my car if I need pliers.
darren

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD