Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Will Victorinox replace all the tools in my Swisstool for a fee??.

us Offline mashguy4077

My Swisstool has been great but a few of the tools have seen better days. The wire cutters on the pliers are slightly damaged, the serrated blade has been screwed up by my sharpening attempt, the medium screwdriver was bent while trying to unlock a door when I didn't have a key, and some of the tools have developed more blade play.

So I was thinking I would like to have all the tools replaced as well as the lock springs.

Is that something Victorinox would do for a fee?, and if so how much would it cost me?.

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
That's starting to sound like Granddad's hammer, same one he's had for 50 years. Only had 4 new handles and 2 new heads..

Offline Brewer

You can replace all those parts yourself, without any special tools.

Just get the replacement parts (best to buy the whole set, including rivets and handles - you can get them anywhere that sells the full tool) and swap them over.

I've done it a few times.

:0P

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
I can only speak for the german warranty department and the one in Ibach. both do excellent work.
Ibach did return like new, perfectly repaired and in one case new replacement tools without charging me anything, although I did explicitly ask for a repair on my bill rather than warranty work.
The German warranty handled over a knife shop cost 1,5 DM (It´s been a while...) postage and always returned perfectly refurbished SAKs.
The warranty and repair over the new Vic headquarter shop does cost a small fee for repair work (depending on the kind of work).
I returned a Spirit with a plier head with sideplay (which I avbused) and a Swisstool thet I had bought used for sharpening awl, chisel and blades.
The Spirit was replaced with a new one (free!) and teh Swisstool got completely new tools all around and a new plier head implanted in my old handles. I was charged 8,- € including shipment.

I´d say - send it in and see what happens.

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand

Just get the replacement parts (best to buy the whole set, including rivets and handles - you can get them anywhere that sells the full tool) and swap them over.

Wait, are you sure we're talking about the same tool?

1. I don't believe for a moment that Vic sells replacement parts (if they do, I think Syph is a happy man :P )
2. Tools are riveted, you at least would need a drill to drill out those rivets...
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

au Offline DazMechanical

• No Life Club
I would just send it in for warranty and see what happens, I had a swiss tool with broken file, chipped serrated blade, bent main blade, bent wood saw, loose plier head and the blade locks didn't lock. They sent me a brand new one free of any charges.
darren

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club

1. I don't believe for a moment that Vic sells replacement parts (if they do, I think Syph is a happy man :P )
2. Tools are riveted, you at least would need a drill to drill out those rivets...

I guess it was a funny remark, hinting at buying a new tool  where all the spare parts come pre-packed in new handles... ;)

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand

I guess it was a funny remark, hinting at buying a new tool  where all the spare parts come pre-packed in new handles... ;)

Hmmm... That might be, yeah... I shouldn't try to be serious in the morning  :facepalm:
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon

Hmmm... That might be, yeah... I shouldn't try to be serious in the morning  :facepalm:

Yep its like how all the spare parts I get for alox mods come packaged in cellidor.  :D
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85