Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Who Likes 111's ?

toolguy · 136 · 13061

de Offline coSAK

• Mounted Swiss Army Knight
Re: Who Likes 111's ?
Reply #120 on: September 21, 2014, 07:59:10 PM
That's a beauty CS!!!  :2tu:
Couldn't have said it better. Thx!  :tu:
WANTED: Red Farmer, Red Harvester, Soldier/SI 1975, Genuine Horn scales, Wenger 19th Hole Cigar Cutter

us Offline eddie1115

• No Life Club
Reply #121 on: September 22, 2014, 01:35:49 AM
I really like my new Outrider.  Locking blade, saw, and scissors could very ably handle hiking duty all by itself.  But I like gear too much, so I'd probably pair it with an LM, or a fixed blade, or both :) 

au Offline Grass

• First, we take Manhattan
Reply #122 on: September 22, 2014, 01:28:36 PM
That's my 111er love.  :D

What a stunning knife! :)

The 111mm is my favourite SAK size; my main knives of the last two years have been the Soldiers; the Dual Pro X and my current love, the One Handed Trekker NS. Had a Centurion in the pocket for a few weeks but missed the one handed opening.

I'm particularly attached to the Victorinox liner lock system, and the great potential it has to have multiple locking devices in a small space (eg. the three locks on the Dual Pro X).

So the question becomes... does anyone know if the Victorinox liner lock system will ever find it's way onto the bigger knives? The WorkChamp etc.

Also, I find the liner lock quite easy to close with my left hand despite being right handed. Am I a freak?

Also, is the Damascus one handed trekker worth the cash? I suspect I've missed the boat; does anyone know where it's going for a reasonable price?

de Offline coSAK

• Mounted Swiss Army Knight
Reply #123 on: September 22, 2014, 03:09:35 PM
That's my 111er love.  :D

What a stunning knife! :)
Thx  :tu:

So the question becomes... does anyone know if the Victorinox liner lock system will ever find it's way onto the bigger knives? The WorkChamp etc.
I don't think so because of the different lock system. But who knows…

Also, is the Damascus one handed trekker worth the cash? I suspect I've missed the boat; does anyone know where it's going for a reasonable price?
For a collection maybe. For real usage it is IMO too expensive.

Am I a freak?
Sure. You're into SAKs.  :D
WANTED: Red Farmer, Red Harvester, Soldier/SI 1975, Genuine Horn scales, Wenger 19th Hole Cigar Cutter

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #124 on: September 23, 2014, 05:29:33 AM
I really like my new Outrider.  Locking blade, saw, and scissors could very ably handle hiking duty all by itself.  But I like gear too much, so I'd probably pair it with an LM, or a fixed blade, or both :) 

Hey Eddie - I like your Outrider
I guess it's the 'Huntsman' of the 111mm range ... Buuuut ... It solves the CS vs Phillips problem - Nice  8)
And as a four layer 111mm - it's pretty big - But still pocketable.
Might have to get me one!!

us Offline eddie1115

• No Life Club
Reply #125 on: September 23, 2014, 07:01:13 AM

Hey Eddie - I like your Outrider
I guess it's the 'Huntsman' of the 111mm range ... Buuuut ... It solves the CS vs Phillips problem - Nice  8)
And as a four layer 111mm - it's pretty big - But still pocketable.
Might have to get me one!!
Yep, I think it's my ideal 111mm, without modding something.  Looking back at the tools I've actually used while hiking, this covers them all.  Now by saying that, I'll find some other tool I need :facepalm:

ca Offline Toolslinger

• Thread Killer 2015
  • No Life Club
  • Ser Tool the Slinger, The Tool That Rides
Reply #126 on: September 23, 2014, 07:59:51 PM
I guess I love the 111mm too. I actually think they almost outnumber my 91mm collection. Just realized how many I own...

Locksmith
Outrider
New Soldier (stamped 13)
Dual Pro X
Hunter (shown in pic)
Hunter XS (corkscrew version in Orange)
Workchamp
IMG_3273.JPG
* IMG_3273.JPG (Filesize: 144.42 KB)

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #127 on: September 24, 2014, 05:50:24 AM
Also, I find the liner lock quite easy to close with my left hand despite being right handed. Am I a freak?

Perhaps, but not because you find the 111mm liner lock easy to close with your left hand.  Because of the direction the liner lock must be pushed to unlock it, it may be considered a left-handed lock, and some right-handed folks even complain about this.

Being right-handed myself, however, I've never felt it was in any way awkward to close right-handed, so YMMV...

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #128 on: September 24, 2014, 01:31:12 PM

Perhaps, but not because you find the 111mm liner lock easy to close with your left hand.  Because of the direction the liner lock must be pushed to unlock it, it may be considered a left-handed lock, and some right-handed folks even complain about this.

Being right-handed myself, however, I've never felt it was in any way awkward to close right-handed, so YMMV...
Never has bothered me at all.

Nate

Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #129 on: September 24, 2014, 02:08:27 PM

Nate
+1
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

ca Offline Toolslinger

• Thread Killer 2015
  • No Life Club
  • Ser Tool the Slinger, The Tool That Rides
Reply #130 on: September 24, 2014, 03:48:23 PM

Nate
+1

Never bothered me either. Took me a minute to get over initially as all my other liner lock knives have been the other orientation, but now it's a no-brainer.

tr Offline nervium

• Turkey National Medical Rescue Team
Reply #131 on: October 28, 2014, 02:39:19 PM
i love'em...

Offline jrp316

Reply #132 on: October 28, 2014, 02:42:51 PM
I like mine pretty good. First 111mm that's been an EDC for me. It's a mod, though I can't understand why Vic wouldn't make it a production item. Basically a Soldier with a plain edge blade and pliers.

us Offline charlie fox

Reply #133 on: October 28, 2014, 02:43:04 PM
One Hand Trekker and Adventurer are my favorites and would be tied for the "If I Could Only Have One" honor 8)
"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #135 on: November 03, 2014, 04:11:38 AM
Here is one of the more interesting 111's available.I bought this for a friend but liked it so much that I bought another for myself.

DSCN1372-1.jpg
* DSCN1372-1.jpg (Filesize: 224.05 KB)
DSCN1373-1.jpg
* DSCN1373-1.jpg (Filesize: 210.42 KB)
DSCN1374-1.jpg
* DSCN1374-1.jpg (Filesize: 216.23 KB)
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%