Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Show off your Sak mod's!

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Re: Show off your Sak mod's!
Reply #4800 on: November 23, 2016, 11:45:08 PM
This is my first project. I know it is not pretty, It is a prototype of wallet friendly Wenger. .......

Wow - I love it when people do really 'weird'  things with their mods.

Not weird in a bad way - Weird in that it is so different from 'standard' and very imaginative, creative and unusual !!  :salute:  :tu:
That nail file/awl/wire stripper is amazing!

Keep us posted on Mark II

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4801 on: November 23, 2016, 11:52:37 PM
New page banana man dance

:nanadance:         :nanadance:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4802 on: November 23, 2016, 11:53:06 PM

+1
I'm with the green angry one  :salute:

:cheers:

+2 and also welcome to :MTO: Hulk :like:

fr Offline hulk.

Reply #4803 on: November 24, 2016, 09:24:54 AM
Thank you for the welcome Poncho65

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Show off your Sak mod's!
Reply #4804 on: November 30, 2016, 08:38:53 AM
If it weren't for the guidance of @shibafu and @Syph007, I wouldn't be able to complete this mod... It's an Alox model I have always wanted and very well suits my EDC needs... Surpised that this gorgeous black has the same thickness as a Yeoman... swapped the PX scissors from a 91mm (nail nick preference) and applied Syph's patented 2in1 layer

« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 08:44:46 AM by jaya_man »

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #4805 on: November 30, 2016, 04:41:37 PM
That looks amazing JMan. Great tool load  :cheers:
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #4806 on: November 30, 2016, 05:08:37 PM
Thanks again Mags :cheers:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4807 on: November 30, 2016, 06:38:12 PM

+1 That is a great tool set for that thin of a knife :o You have put some very good thought in this knife jaya :like:

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #4808 on: November 30, 2016, 07:12:19 PM

+1 That is a great tool set for that thin of a knife :o You have put some very good thought in this knife jaya :like:
Thanks Poncho... to be honest, I've seen numerous pics on similar mods with similar toolset made in the past... Some even in this forum. Thought it looks similar to my fave the Yeoman... I just made one for myself since I wanted an alox in my rotation and it has all the tools I need...

I think there is also a farmer x with the added 2in1 layer in here somewhere...

Ever thought about making an alox ranger? I'm guessing it would be thinner than the cellidor version... It's going to be an expensive mod though...

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4809 on: November 30, 2016, 08:06:49 PM

Thanks Poncho... to be honest, I've seen numerous pics on similar mods with similar toolset made in the past... Some even in this forum. Thought it looks similar to my fave the Yeoman... I just made one for myself since I wanted an alox in my rotation and it has all the tools I need...

Ever thought about making an alox ranger? I'm guessing it would be thinner than the cellidor version... It's going to be an expensive mod though...

Once I get the mod I am "working" on finished :D Who knows what I may try :shrug:  I have seen similar mods yes but none exactly like yours :tu:

gb Offline Oxford_Guy

Reply #4810 on: November 30, 2016, 08:37:37 PM
If it weren't for the guidance of @shibafu and @Syph007, I wouldn't be able to complete this mod... It's an Alox model I have always wanted and very well suits my EDC needs... Surpised that this gorgeous black has the same thickness as a Yeoman... swapped the PX scissors from a 91mm (nail nick preference) and applied Syph's patented 2in1 layer

(Image removed from quote.)

Depends on the Yeoman! My Syph mod is much thinner than the Cellidor model (shown), about the same thickness as a Pioneer X:

« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 08:39:44 PM by Oxford_Guy »
"We broke into Mir using a Swiss Army knife. Never leave the planet without one." - Chris Hadfield, Astronaut

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #4811 on: November 30, 2016, 11:38:20 PM
I'll finally join in on the fun here with something more substantial than a scale swap. This knife started its life as a discounted Huntsman but the scissors got reground to fit in my EDC and since then it's been a pile of parts.

I gifted a Classic to a friend for her birthday recently but when she had a walk in the woods planned she asked me for something a bit bigger.
Show content
That's what she said...
I handed her a Ranger and after that she wanted something for herself. So I built a Camper from what I had laying around.

The peening is not very good and I had really made a mess of things when I disassembled the knife but I plan on epoxying the scales anyway so I don't mind so much. The snap is there as well so I hope the recipient will be happy

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4812 on: December 01, 2016, 12:48:49 AM
I'll finally join in on the fun here with something more substantial than a scale swap. This knife started its life as a discounted Huntsman but the scissors got reground to fit in my EDC and since then it's been a pile of parts.

I gifted a Classic to a friend for her birthday recently but when she had a walk in the woods planned she asked me for something a bit bigger.
Show content
That's what she said...
I handed her a Ranger and after that she wanted something for herself. So I built a Camper from what I had laying around.

The peening is not very good and I had really made a mess of things when I disassembled the knife but I plan on epoxying the scales anyway so I don't mind so much. The snap is there as well so I hope the recipient will be happy

Would love to see some pics of it :cheers: Even if it is finished product only shots :tu: :like: :like: :like:

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #4813 on: December 01, 2016, 01:58:38 AM

Depends on the Yeoman! My Syph mod is much thinner than the Cellidor model (shown), about the same thickness as a Pioneer X:

Yes definitely... That's why I said cellidor Yeoman in the following comments. Not long after I posted this I remebered your awlsome Syph masterpiece... :cheers:

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake
Reply #4814 on: December 01, 2016, 07:11:48 AM

That's a great looking knife, jaya_man.  Saw your method for peening on the latest SAK thread - got any shots of the peening on the other side using the punch?

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake
Reply #4815 on: December 01, 2016, 07:13:21 AM

I made one for a GAW a couple of years ago.  Great knife, but you're right - took a lot of bits to make.  2 Farmers, a Pioneer and a Solo for the springs alone.

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #4816 on: December 01, 2016, 08:12:10 AM

I made one for a GAW a couple of years ago.  Great knife, but you're right - took a lot of bits to make.  2 Farmers, a Pioneer and a Solo for the springs alone.
Or 2 farmers and a pioneer x... that's just about the lower end of spirit x prices

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Show off your Sak mod's!
Reply #4817 on: December 01, 2016, 08:15:38 AM

That's a great looking knife, jaya_man.  Saw your method for peening on the latest SAK thread - got any shots of the peening on the other side using the punch?
Be warned, might cause sore eyes

This was peened manually... Still looking for the correct punch size... Thanks again H :cheers:

« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 08:42:38 AM by jaya_man »

gb Offline Oxford_Guy

Reply #4818 on: December 01, 2016, 09:07:02 AM

Yes definitely... That's why I said cellidor Yeoman in the following comments. Not long after I posted this I remebered your awlsome Syph masterpiece... :cheers:

I carry both, though (not at the same time, obviously!) - my cellidor one Hiratheus made for me is bulkier, but also lighter and has plus scales with a pen, and also carried in places where I don't want to risk carrying the more expensive Ti Yeoman. It's good to have the choice!

"We broke into Mir using a Swiss Army knife. Never leave the planet without one." - Chris Hadfield, Astronaut

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #4819 on: December 01, 2016, 09:10:11 AM

I carry both, though (not at the same time, obviously!) - my cellidor one Hiratheus made for me is bulkier, but also lighter and has plus scales with a pen, and also carried in places where I don't want to risk carrying the more expensive Ti Yeoman. It's good to have the choice!
If it weren't for UK laws, yeoman would be a good combo for the XC... :cheers:

gb Offline Oxford_Guy

Reply #4820 on: December 01, 2016, 12:21:21 PM

If it weren't for UK laws, yeoman would be a good combo for the XC... :cheers:

Just received a Spirit XC for my birthday today...

I do already have a Leatherman Knifeless Fuse too, mind

00 Offline timganev

Reply #4821 on: December 01, 2016, 07:51:28 PM
There is genius in this model of spydersuisse
a lot of imagination.....
Thank you Hulk. I like "spydersuisse" and I will keep the name for the next version

Wow - I love it when people do really 'weird'  things with their mods....
Thank you Huntsman

I decided to show my first mod, before dissembling. Like spydersuisse it was used as learning tool. I will use 91mm scissors in 84mm Waiter - "How to build a modern Golfer (84mm cellidor). by Syph007"
The parcel hook is also pry bar/ flat screwdriver http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,5287.msg1365950.html#msg1365950
The corkscrew was replaced by awl.
Other tools: scissors, blade and... fork   :rofl:

IMG_20161201_120500.jpg
* IMG_20161201_120500.jpg (Filesize: 307.34 KB)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 08:22:15 PM by timganev »

00 Offline timganev

Reply #4822 on: December 01, 2016, 08:06:35 PM
The Blue, the Scarface and the Mechanic
IMG_20161201_115617.jpg
* IMG_20161201_115617.jpg (Filesize: 301.84 KB)
IMG_20161201_120015.jpg
* IMG_20161201_120015.jpg (Filesize: 318.85 KB)
IMG_20161201_120309.jpg
* IMG_20161201_120309.jpg (Filesize: 321.91 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4823 on: December 01, 2016, 09:50:15 PM
Nice mods timganev :like: :like: :like:

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #4824 on: December 02, 2016, 11:20:28 PM

Show content
That's what she said...

Would love to see some pics of it :cheers: Even if it is finished product only shots :tu: :like: :like: :like:

I threw this picture up in the Spirit Challenge but there wasn't much to it really. All the parts where there and I only had to place them properly (it helped that I photographed the taking apart stage). I bought a cheap 100g ball peen hammer and took my time checking for gaps (by wiggling the tools slightly). Highly recommended for anyone who finds themselves with too many tools n their SAK really.

Offline Bob Wolfson

Reply #4825 on: December 03, 2016, 08:22:54 PM
Thought I'd try carrying a Leatherman Squirt PS for a little while.  But knew I'd miss the T&T from my usual SAK, which lately has been the Executive to which I added a bottle opener from a Rambler.

So I built a T&T caddy of plastic, and folded/soldered a brass tube for a sleeve. 

It also goes handsomely with a knife made of remnants of the aforementioned Executive build, a slim, brass clad Exec minus the peeler and file.

Offline Bob Wolfson

Reply #4826 on: December 03, 2016, 11:40:04 PM
I'm pretty proud of this.  It's my bottle-opener-augmented Executive with a silver deep pocket clip.

I excavated the back of the scale to admit the tang of the clip, and then attached the scale in the usual way, pinning the tang between the scale and the liner.

To ensure a tight fit, I dissolved some of the excavation shavings in a couple drops of MEK to form a plastic paste, and swabbed the rivet recesses in the scale with that before squeezing the scale back onto the knife body.  Clamping, heating with a blow dryer, and letting sit overnight followed to ensure a good set to the plastic.

Still, I can think of better ways to secure the clip, like soldering it to the liner, or cutting a custom liner with a long tongue that gets bent over to become the clip.

pt Offline FInixNOver

Reply #4827 on: December 03, 2016, 11:51:30 PM
I'm pretty proud of this.  It's my bottle-opener-augmented Executive with a silver deep pocket clip.

I excavated the back of the scale to admit the tang of the clip, and then attached the scale in the usual way, pinning the tang between the scale and the liner.

To ensure a tight fit, I dissolved some of the excavation shavings in a couple drops of MEK to form a plastic paste, and swabbed the rivet recesses in the scale with that before squeezing the scale back onto the knife body.  Clamping, heating with a blow dryer, and letting sit overnight followed to ensure a good set to the plastic.

Still, I can think of better ways to secure the clip, like soldering it to the liner, or cutting a custom liner with a long tongue that gets bent over to become the clip.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
Awesome work!!

Offline Bob Wolfson

Reply #4828 on: December 04, 2016, 08:33:30 PM

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4829 on: December 05, 2016, 02:37:40 AM

Show content
That's what she said...

I threw this picture up in the Spirit Challenge but there wasn't much to it really. All the parts where there and I only had to place them properly (it helped that I photographed the taking apart stage). I bought a cheap 100g ball peen hammer and took my time checking for gaps (by wiggling the tools slightly). Highly recommended for anyone who finds themselves with too many tools n their SAK really.

Thanks for that 42 :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69