Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Rescue Knife as a Self Defense Weapon

dipti · 75 · 12182

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Re: Rescue Knife as a Self Defense Weapon
Reply #60 on: November 21, 2014, 01:05:33 PM
on the plus side, it is veeeeery unlikely you will have any troubles in switzerland   :D
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #61 on: November 21, 2014, 01:25:33 PM
on the plus side, it is veeeeery unlikely you will have any troubles in switzerland   :D
Well, with raising population problems are on the rise, but yes as good as no troubles.

Fun fact, last month they removed the last batch of TNT from bridges crossing over the river Rhine into Germany :rofl:
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #62 on: November 21, 2014, 01:30:57 PM
 :D

Shhhh, keep it a secret.  :) 
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

gr Offline firiki

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #63 on: November 21, 2014, 01:31:50 PM
A few years back I was reading a statistic about homicides involving guns. The country with most of them was the USA, followed by Switzerland in second place. I can't verify that though.
This is a very difficult comparison as you have to take into account things like population density and such.
This statistic was around 2006 and I don't remember all the details. Population density was taken into account however.
Fun fact, last month they removed the last batch of TNT from bridges crossing over the river Rhine into Germany :rofl:
I'm not sure you should be telling us that...
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #64 on: November 21, 2014, 01:42:33 PM
It was all over the news. Also with everybody being part of the military, secrecy is difficult.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #65 on: November 21, 2014, 07:35:43 PM
It was all over the news. Also with everybody being part of the military, secrecy is difficult.

They probably just took it out to replace it with a fresh batch. :whistle:

>:D

de Offline Lichtbote

Reply #66 on: November 21, 2014, 09:40:48 PM
They probably just took it out to replace it with a fresh batch. :whistle:

>:D

Not that such ever really helped.  :whistle:  :angel:
Have fun.

Bye,
Michael

00 Offline cool123

Reply #67 on: January 14, 2015, 12:54:48 PM
As a self defense weapon, I love to keep the tactical folding knife.
If I need to pick some good EDC tools.
Then I would take my love leatherman multi tool wave and a flash light. Other are just a waste !!!

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #68 on: January 14, 2015, 03:44:29 PM
Body type, posture, eyes and tongue are good defence weapons, most of the time. They could say: I'm of no interest, I'm not afraid of you, don't mess with me, I won't harm you if you step back and similar things. It works better with thieves and such criminals (who prefer old and weak persons for less trouble when doing their jobs) and less with terrorists and such (but with a loaded AK47 and some handgrenades even me would make a fearless terrorist).
Knives are tools. Even before powder you would bring a spear or a sword in a fight, not a knife.

us Offline BASguy

Reply #69 on: February 10, 2015, 02:53:30 AM

I just don't understand the mindset of some. You think just because you have situational awareness you can avoid every situation that might lead you to be a victim. That is just pure denial in my opinion. Sure you can avoid some situations, but anything can happen and some of those things are unavoidable. Wouldn't you rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it. :shrug:

I am not at all saying that a knife is a good or ideal weapon for self defense, but if it was literally your last resort I would hate to die thinking I could of done more. I think having a knife for defense against the 4 legged creatures is a much more logical and plausible thought to have.

I'm sure that some will disagree with me which is perfectly fine.

Well said.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

de Offline Lichtbote

Reply #70 on: February 10, 2015, 01:54:40 PM
I wonder what scared a big part of the US so much that they feel the need to be prepared for this, prepared for that, prepared for everything.  :think:
Have fun.

Bye,
Michael

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #71 on: February 10, 2015, 03:20:18 PM
Better than not being prepared.
Also, you have to stop and think that as a culture, we tend to be self reliant and mostly believe one is responsible for there own actions. The government is not always nor was it really suppose to bail you out every time you mess up. Sadly this is slowly fading out. Yes there are some that get "to prepared" I guess.
But a lot of us here carry a MT of some sort because we use them at work and to be prepared for what job that may turn up. And when I go to the big cities or where ever, I am prepared for what might happen there. I find it weird that if we are prepared for a small job by carrying a multi, nobody seems to bat an eye, mention carrying a knife for just in case for self defense, and everybody gets weird or freaks out. I prefer a firearm myself. We dont go looking for trouble or cant til somebody messes with us so we can shoot them. Bad smurf happens. And maybe someday, hopefully never, that bad smurf may come across your path.

Just my two cent. Not trying to rag on anybody. Just trying to give an idea why the US is kinda the way it is.

Nate
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 03:32:16 PM by ducttapetech »
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #72 on: February 10, 2015, 04:09:11 PM
"Chance favors the prepared pocket" (With apologies to Louis Pasteur).
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #73 on: June 28, 2017, 03:16:27 PM
I know this is an old thread but can I just say how impressive the respect shown here for others opinions is? On most places on the web this kind of conversation would be nuclear by now.
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #74 on: June 30, 2017, 04:03:56 PM
I know this is an old thread but can I just say how impressive the respect shown here for others opinions is? On most places on the web this kind of conversation would be nuclear by now.
Thanks... we are a friendly bunch :P

we also don't mind thread necromancy and if people ask a question that has been answered before :salute:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $279.86
PayPal Fees: $14.66
Net Balance: $265.20
Below Goal: $34.80
Site Currency: USD
88%