Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Cheaper LiIon (and some NiMh) classic chargers progression overview

dks · 34 · 5691

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Snip
Yup, eneloops are great in that respect. :salute:
But over several weeks, I haven't heard of the Ladda or Lidl ones being any different.  :think:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Miboxer C8
8 Bay Battery Charger

I was checking to see if there were any new chargers around, especially any larger ones and found this.
It appears to have come out about 3 years ago and is allegedly getting discontinued.
Website https://www.orbtronic.com/smart-battery-charger-c8
I bought it from Amazon.de and it came in 2 days. Also available on eBay for a bit less.

Looks and feels well made, the screen is bright and clear and it comes with a power supply and a manual.
This has different features than the BT-C3100 and the Liitokala LII-500.

It cannot discharge or manually refresh batteries, BUT, it has a full auto mode, where it will identify the type of battery, check its resistance and decide on the best charging current.
This works well, with better batteries (newer AA Eneloops, Panasonic 18650 Li-ion) batteries receiving more current, nearly 1A, whereas older batteries or smaller (AAA) batteries will be charged at a much lower current. The current is constantly modulated.
You can also select the current manually.

It will also charge Lithium based batteries at different voltages (4.35, 3.6, 4.2) through a simple manual setting process. It uses 2 buttons to set the various functions.

You can charge up to 8 batteries but if you use C size batteries or bigger you will only be able to fir 4. Length (bay) is good for most batteries.

Maximum charging current is 1.5A for 4 batteries or 0.8A for 8 for Li-ion/ LiFePO4 batteries and 1A for 8 Ni-MH/Ni-Cd batteries.

It works well, though for two older Li-ion and Ni-MH, still working but weak batteries, it kept charging them for several hours, at very low current. I removed them from the charger. They charged fine in the other manual current chargers.

After 1 week, I am happy with it and it makes life easier with the large charging capacity and the auto mode, so that you can charge several batteries quickly, without having to think about how much current to use.
IMG_7400.JPG
* IMG_7400.JPG (Filesize: 270.06 KB)
IMG_7402.JPG
* IMG_7402.JPG (Filesize: 285.56 KB)
IMG_7391.JPG
* IMG_7391.JPG (Filesize: 160.05 KB)
IMG_7399.JPG
* IMG_7399.JPG (Filesize: 232.44 KB)
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Which do you prefer, BT-C3100 or this one and why? I love my BT-C3100 but the advantage of double the charging bay capacity is a nice plus.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
 BT-C3100 is more powerful and more "advanced", the C8 is easier.

For most of the situations the C8 in auto mode will give just as good if not better results and will be easier to use.  If you want to charge at higher current, discharge batteries, try to repair them or check batteries for capacity (including non rechargeable ones, as I have done in the past) then the BT is better.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%