Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Dumb axe question incoming

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Dumb axe question incoming
Reply #30 on: January 05, 2017, 09:40:55 AM

That's why I always set up the chopping area near to someone else's car  :whistle:

Safety first Guys  :D
Everything’s adjustable

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: January 05, 2017, 10:23:36 AM
We don't really have an axe culture, if I can call it that.
We BBQ mostly using wood, so most people will have an axe, generally seen as a blunt force instrument with edges in a very sorry state.

But I know better thanks to YT and this place.......

First time I used my shaving sharp Council Tool I almost got my leg......only thing that saved me from stitches was half-remembered safety advice on stance.....  :facepalm:

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #32 on: January 05, 2017, 10:37:52 AM
It won't come as a surprise to any one on here that I have multiple axes   ;)  ;   a "good" one with a nice edge, a "rough" one for tree roots etc (and it really is rough - we seem to have lots of rocks that hide amongst tree roots around here), a medium splitting axe, large splitting axe, splitting maul and several other axes that I haven't used for ages so can't remember them.  I also have several smaller tomahawks for splitting kindling, cutting off small limbs etc.

Mostly these days I use my 36V Ryobi electronic for cutting, and the medium Fiskars splitting axe for splitting firewood.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%