Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

[CLOSED] Your Favorite Leatherman? - 8th Anniversary Giveaway

enki_ck · 136 · 8356

Offline Migripper

My favorite Leatherman is my Wingman.  I have been carrying it for around 6 months.  Being a dad of a 1-1/2 year old the scissors come in handy more than anything.  Cutting gogurts open, tags off new clothes, clipping coupons for baby food, etc.  my wife uses it a lot as well.  I have a Wave as well which I like better for everything but the scissors.  If i ever get around to trying to out the wingman scissors in my wave, the wave would never leave my side.
The princess castle in the background shows I have a girl!!
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 253.6 KB)

us Offline chivaceae

• 'ta bueno!
An original/old school Leatherman Super Tool (I don't even remember how long I have had it, for at least a decade). I have this in the toolbag I carry daily in my vehicle (I rotate in between a 1979 Ford F150 4X4 and a 1978 Datzun 280Z - my daily drivers)  :D
Super Tool.jpg
* Super Tool.jpg (Filesize: 49.79 KB)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 09:28:02 PM by chivaceae »

us Offline Breezy12

• No Life Club
if I can only pick one, my favorite has to be my Charge Ti! :)

I got this one shortly after it was released in 2004, and it was my second LM... I guess I've added a few more since then. :D I love the tool loadout (especially the lack of a cap crimper!)

This MT was my EDC for about 3 years, and I never felt like I was missing anything while carrying it. :tu: it has since been retired and now has a place of honor in my collection. :)

once again, many thanks to our friends at Leatherman HQ, and to Nikola for hosting this giveaway. it's been fun reading through all the different responses!

us Offline Breezy12

• No Life Club
It is gotta be my Mini-Surge!  :D  EDC since birth, ....
(Image removed from quote.)

I was hoping you'd post that pic! :tu:

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Believe it or not, I really do have a favorite Leatherman.  :)  Of course, my favorite isn't a current model, but I like it so much that I have two, one as a regular user and one as backup.  It's not the most comfortable when using the pliers hard, but that's OK with me.  The scissors are quite good, the drivers are excellent, and the file rocks.  As a plus it's so slim that pocket carry is effortless if required.  Long live the PSTII!  :tu:

There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
 :sa: Tom has a Leatherman :sa:    :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!

:D  I wouldn't be surprised if that actually did come as a shock to some people here......
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
The Wave is my favourite production model. Carried to work every night on my hip. One handed opening, just the right size, good set of tool selection, and built tough.

Fav non production is my japan model PST.  It was hard to come by and remains my top leatherman.
:like:    :MTO:

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...

:D  I wouldn't be surprised if that actually did come as a shock to some people here......
Ya know, I honestly don't remember seeing you talk about it before. Lol

us Offline neillcurrie

• Wanted: SpydeWrench
Well, my favorite Leatherman has to be the Micra. I first got one a couple of months after they were first released, and I have had one on my keychain pretty much every day since.
I added a toothpick into the Tweezer "gap", and I am partial to the highly polished variety (the polish level has varied over the years on the plain SS variety).
1-4497-leatherman-micra-tool-l.jpg
* 1-4497-leatherman-micra-tool-l.jpg (Filesize: 54.41 KB)

be Offline Top-Gear-24

First of all, a big thank you to the kind people at Leatherman USA for their generosity  :salute:.

So,my favorite Leatherman is also the first Leatherman I bought (actually the first multitool I ever bought) back in '94, my original Supertool.  I love everything about this tool, and like Monrogue already said, the locking mechanism is not that bad once you get used to it.  I don't carry it anymore, it has earned a nice cosy spot in my collection, and has been replaced by the ST300, which I also like very much, but ... it's not my first love ...  ;)

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Hmmm ..... fave Leatherman  :think: One question, multiple answers.

If it's currently available models only then I'm probably going to go for the Charge AL. All the wholesome nutritional goodness of the Wave but with better aesthetics ;) :D. Great looks, excellent tool load without being unweildy, numerous carry options, a good solid reliable tool ... and of course it's named after me  :D :D :D

If we're widening the scope to cover recently discoed models, then surprisingly I might actually plump for the Squirt P4. The one's I've had, have all had little manufacturing deficiencies, but despite those the tool is still superb IMHO. It's a shame the lost the superb eyeglass driver and awl on the PS4 instead of the file. One of those "nearly perfect" keyring tools.

If we're going for all time favourite, then I think I'd have to echo JD's choice of the PST II. Superb little tool, and a shame they lost it from their line up. They've tried to fill the void with the Pulse and some may say the Juice line, but in my opinion that void hasn't been filled with anything remotely close to the excellence of the PST II. Bring back the toolset (including funky scissors and diamond file) in Rebar style handles (but without removable cutters on the plier head - a Kick style head would be good), and I'll be a very happy man

If we're including mods, then I'm going to say my knifeless, BO & Orange modified Fuse - the Fuse-ilier

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
What a mean question!  :twak:  What a great prize!   :gimme:

Big thanks to MTO for hosting the party and Leatherman for coming to it.  :cheers:

There are many more multitools that I would like to try however of those I have used there is one that has been outstanding. The Super Tool 200. For ten plus years now it has been with me through many adventures, often saving the day for myself and others. So for a standard factory tool this is the one.

I have a few modified Leatherman tools with many good points, outside opening, upgraded steels, titanium slabs, black oxide etc. But I don't think it will surprise many here when I say that I really love my Super Tool 300. Simple, strong and has scissors. It just works. Hard. All day, every day. End of story.

nz Offline RimfireNZ

Thanks LM and MTO. I've been curious about the OHT for a while.

If I could only keep one of my Leatherman MTs to use the rest of my life... it'd have to be the Rebar.

• Small size - but seriously tough
  • Full tool loadout - but very thin
  • More aggressive plier teeth then most LMs (which is good!)
  • Removable wire cutters (so I'm not afraid to beat on them)
  • And strangely, one of the most appreciated tools on it for me is the electrical crimpers... I've used them a lot latetly!

It's not as pretty as a Blast or a Charge AL, but for practicality and ruggedness in a compact package, you can't go past the Rebar!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 03:54:13 AM by RimfireNZ »

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Thanks LM and MTO. I've been curious about the OHT for a while.

If I could only keep one of my Leatherman MTs to use the rest of my life... it'd have to be the Rebar.

• Small size - but seriously tough
  • Full tool loadout - but very thin
  • More aggressive plier teeth then most LMs (which is good!)
  • Removable wire cutters (so I'm not afraid to beat on them)
  • And strangely, one of the most appreciated tools on it for me is the electrical crimpers... I've used them a lot latetly!

(Image removed from quote.)

I have other LM's I like more... but for practicality and ruggedness in a compact package, you can't go past the Rebar!

10/22 trigger assembly right?

Do you have any upgraded parts in it? I couldn't live without a auto bolt release. Check these guys out. Good stuff.  :tu:

http://5003.webpossystem.com/default.asp
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Agent X68

• "My blackberry's not working" (see sig for video)
That'a a really tough question, but for em it would have to be my Charge XTi.  Even though they are no longer in production, I just  love the features, and despite being my most expensive MT, it is probably my most used full sized MT.  I just love having the dual bit drivers to carry two bits.

Make a tool idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot. Also, Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
:)  See my personal text:

us Offline Nhoj

• No Life Club
My favorite Leatherman is my wave. I've been carrying it for 3 years and it has come in handy many times. Here it is on top of sugar hill firetower (I was there yesterday).

The tower has been closed since the 80's due to budget cuts but I convinced a ranger to let me and my wave in the 7x7 room at the top. It was windy yesterday so the rocking tower was a bit unnerving to be in.

nz Offline RimfireNZ

10/22 trigger assembly right?

Do you have any upgraded parts in it? I couldn't live without a auto bolt release. Check these guys out. Good stuff.  :tu:

http://5003.webpossystem.com/default.asp

Yep. I actually just took a Timney trigger kit out as I had my factory trigger dropped to 2lbs. I'm actually trying to clean up the safety as it's very gritty and turned it too far now it's stuck sigh.

That link is broken by the way.

no Offline Grathr

Awesome giveaway!
My favourite LM for sentmental reasons is my old PST2 that I have had for 12 years. It has followed me on many adventures and never let me down.

Sent from a device made from star dust using tapatalk
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Well, I only have one Leatherman: The SuperTool.

But what I'd reaaaally want is a Skeletool.

Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
  • Look at all those shiny sharp things.
Cool gaw. Thank you for a chance.

My favourite is Fuse. It has all tools i need. Lightweight and compact. Looks beautiful.

My second favourite is ST300. Big workhorse. Capable for anything.

au Offline ryan1976

My favourite is the Charge ALX. Carried it for a number of years now, has everything I need. It hasn't failed me yet.
Leatherman Charge ALX.
          Leatherman Skeletool.
          Leatherman Raptor.
          Leatherman Supertool 300.
          Leatherman Rebar
          Leatherman Sidekick.

gb Offline Philby

My favourites are the P.ST, P.S.Tii, Pulse, Rebar. All the supertools; Original, 200, Core, 300. The Waves, Original and new.
They are all great, but my favourite is the original, the P.S.T! :multi:

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Having already won an OHT,thank you Leatherman,I'm OUT.

However,favourite Leatherman? :think: :think: :think: :ahhh

I think I can narrow it to four:
Pulse: for my money,the single best tool LM have ever made. Nice size and weight,tool load spot on,best ergonomics of the earlier LMs!
PST/KST: where it began for me,and the story continues...
Sideclip/Kirkyclip : PSTs pretty,if inferior cousin. Love it though!
Bladeless Fuse: when work needs mount up,it gets called back. Mines modded,but still! Please LM,Bladeless Rebar or something?
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline Act2uToo

My favorite Leatherman is the Juice S2.  Why?  Because it's the one I have on me ATM.  :D
(Notice the screwdriver ground into an awl)
P1002494.jpg
* P1002494.jpg (Filesize: 225 KB)

gb Offline pingu

My first enduring Leatherman was my Orange Juice S2 which I bought around 2011.   The requirement was an "SAK" with decent pliers.  Implicit in that is a non-locking blade.  I mislaid it somewhere in the house wiring an electric extension in the attic.  Bought a grey replacement in case I find it some day.

I confess I find the external blade, cap lifter and scissors more convenient than inboard tools.  So the Juice S2 is my Favorite Leatherman because I carry and use it every day.

Ready to take over some day is my newly acquired and modded "scissored Kick".   Yes inboard tools but beautifully sleek when closed.  Can't be my "favorite" because its not yet carried, but some day soon...

For heavier tasks Rebar continues to see off classier models.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 12:05:55 AM by pingu »

nz Offline RimfireNZ

My favorite Leatherman is the Juice S2.  Why?  Because it's the one I have on me ATM.  :D
(Notice the screwdriver ground into an awl)

Do you mean AWL? Or do you mean perfect thumb impailing tool of death?  :D

I'd be too scared to open the thing. I have a scar from repeated battles with the flat drivers on my Juices.

us Offline cannonball

My facvorite is the Wave.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
My facvorite is the Wave.
Why and how long have you had it? :pok:

I can't count it as an entry otherwise. ;)

us Offline cannonball

My favorite is the wave. When preparing for a very big storm, that is what i carried, just in case.

I bought it for $16 at a flea market, it was very rusty. A little WD-40, brass brush and elbow grease and it looked almost new.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%