Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Silky PocketBoy and bone saw info

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Silky PocketBoy and bone saw info
on: July 20, 2014, 12:17:25 AM
1. I am looking for a good folding saw to carry while hunting to field dress deer and elk. I think the Silky PocketBoy looks interesting and it has good reviews for pruning. I do not want a really big saw like most of the hunting/dressing saws are. The Silky PocketBoy is available with a 5" blade, weighing a little over 5 ounces, and I believe that would be more than adequate for getting the job done while also being compact enough to ride along in a pack or on a belt. Does anyone have any experience with this saw?

2. Also, which tooth size would be best for cutting bone, specifically sternum and pelvis of freshly downed animals? The Silky has several options available from large all the way down to extra fine.

Interested to hear what you folks have to say on the subject!  :salute:

"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Re: Silky PocketBoy and bone saw info
Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 12:22:32 AM
I have absolutely no idea about sawing bone, but I would be surprised if the opinel saws didn't fit the bill. I have the virolock one (sorry don't know model number) and it seems to me that it would be an excellent saw in a range of materials.

The Silky saws I've seen before seem quite minty on price which is why I mention the Opinel  :salute:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD