Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Survival Knife

Chako · 70 · 17074

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Re: The Survival Knife
Reply #60 on: November 26, 2014, 08:02:07 AM
You would need a magnifying glass to relocate them.

No clue on their use. You are right though, they do look like game pieces.  :think:

Bait for fishing maybe.  :shrug:  Usually the small survival kits in knives that include string and a hook have some sort of bright colored plastic (normally straw like) to use as bait.

I doubt this is what they are for due to the shape, but figured I would throw it out their.
I'm the milk man!

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #61 on: November 26, 2014, 01:51:22 PM
You might be onto something. This kit came with little foam floaters. Maybe these are designed to be inserted in their center along with the fishing line to add a little weight, or to keep the floater at a certain depth on the fishing line...to act as a line stop.  :think:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #62 on: November 26, 2014, 05:45:47 PM
for some reason I'm eying the Puma Bowie lately

That's one knife I regret not getting. A few years ago they were $80 or so, then suddenly overnight they doubled in price...  :facepalm:

You have a nice pick on good fixed blade knives. Puma Bowie is a pretty good knife and the one thing which I like about this knife is that it has a long knife blade. I have seen their price so got doubled.

I like the design, the looks, the specs. only really make or break thing however for me are the ergos. Outside of that only things that can deter me from a knife is the behavior of the people affiliated with the company or when a product does not meet the lowest performance expectations, much less the advertised. The latter though comes trough testing
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #63 on: November 26, 2014, 05:54:28 PM
I like the design, the looks, the specs. only really make or break thing however for me are the ergos. Outside of that only things that can deter me from a knife is the behavior of the people affiliated with the company or when a product does not meet the lowest performance expectations, much less the advertised. The latter though comes trough testing

I take it you may have issues with Cold Steel? :D

hr Offline styx

Reply #64 on: November 26, 2014, 07:04:04 PM

I take it you may have issues with Cold Steel? :D

Had 'em. It was sorted out. There are a few no buy companies for me  (oddly more performance related) and a few custom makers

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Online SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #65 on: November 26, 2014, 09:06:00 PM
Here is a no name that was given to me in the mid 80's. Blade has no markings at all. Back of the shealth says made in Yugoslavien. The handle is hollow machined aluminium with a rubber gasket cap.

IMG_4087.JPG
* IMG_4087.JPG (Filesize: 210.3 KB)

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #66 on: December 20, 2014, 11:58:54 PM
Here is an Aitor Jungle King 3 clone.

hr Offline styx

Reply #67 on: December 21, 2014, 04:14:32 PM
That seems reminiscent of an AK-47 bayonet in some of it's functionality

00 Offline cool123

Reply #68 on: December 23, 2014, 11:08:13 AM
Hello,

The best survival knife is an essential tool I prefer to take along with me to my camping trip.
If I need to pick some good EDC tools.
Then I would take my love leatherman multi tool wave and a flash light. Other are just a waste !!!

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #69 on: December 23, 2014, 01:12:47 PM
I had to look that up and you are correct. I guess I now know part of the design influence.

I agree, the best survival knife is whatever you have on you at the time.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32