Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Anyone ever told you that you're bad influence?

styx · 17 · 1932

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Anyone ever told you that you're bad influence?
on: July 26, 2014, 01:46:14 PM
The more time I spend here the more my "me want" list grows and the logical need it reasoning stops at well...

The knives on the list are stock and customs, so lets see who can convince who of adding a few more. And I am planning on acquiring these slowly, unless I have 'em already
- Vic Farmer
- Vic Hunter (want custom scales)
- Vic Pioneer
- Stalker (farmer + scissors)
- Lumberjack (blade, saw, combo tool or bottle opener)
- Mountainman (blade, saw, awl, combo tool)

I think there is a pattern developing. And the names are just what I found online or just put as a designation. Some of them might go depending on the performance of the combo tool with cans
So what do y'all want?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 02:05:59 PM by styx »
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Re: Anyone ever told you that you're bad influence?
Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 03:51:12 PM
The only thing on my want list is the new MP600ST (Sight Tool).

I put off buying one recently because for one, the partly serrated blade, but also the newness of it.

I have not heard any feedback from anyone who's used one.

It does also have a sight tool which I have absolutely no use for since I'm not into firearms.
SAW

us Offline Jetbo

Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 03:58:06 PM
What really bites is after I have purchased 50+ sak's and MT's models over the years, I keep finding myself only using a handful of models that I had purchased in the beginning.  :facepalm: 

hr Offline styx

Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 04:26:53 PM
The only thing on my want list is the new MP600ST (Sight Tool).

I put off buying one recently because for one, the partly serrated blade, but also the newness of it.

I have not heard any feedback from anyone who's used one.

It does also have a sight tool which I have absolutely no use for since I'm not into firearms.

what about crossbows, bows and slingshots?

What really bites is after I have purchased 50+ sak's and MT's models over the years, I keep finding myself only using a handful of models that I had purchased in the beginning.  :facepalm:

i know, that's my biggest concern. honestly if that mountainman wouldn't be too thick, it would probably push out every other SAK off the list except the Hunter

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline Grateful

Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 06:53:35 PM
Many, many times. :facepalm: Over the years I have collected, acquired and hoarded way more knives and tools than two of me will ever wear out. I enjoy them and know there are worst habits so I just enjoy them and have fun with the hunt.

Jim

us Offline colt 1911

Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 08:30:15 PM

I do the same thing, I really only have about 10 users and like 90 sitting.

Sak's  rule !

CHEERS

us Offline detron

• Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #6 on: July 26, 2014, 08:45:31 PM

I do the same thing, I really only have about 10 users and like 90 sitting.

Sak's  rule !

that is why I did THIS
If I can help, let me know 

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 09:03:55 PM
Bad influence? Us? Never!  I've never convinced anyone to go get new things through my statements or actions here.

Cue Lynn's response in 5,4,3,2.....  ::)
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: July 26, 2014, 09:21:31 PM
Only people to call me a bad influence have been Mrs TaxiDad and Mrs Grumpy....

Oh and my shooting partners Mrs,and Crazy ALs Mrs :whistle:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014, 09:46:16 PM
Are you kidding, my 14 yo grandson sends my cellphone pics of his "knife collection"...

:D
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: July 26, 2014, 09:48:41 PM
1 year without MTO: 1 sak and no multitools
6 months with MTO: 34+9 saks, 3 folders, 2+1 opinels and 3+1 multitools

No comment...
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

us Offline ColoSwiss

Reply #11 on: July 26, 2014, 10:07:49 PM
Us a bad influence? Nonsense, we're here to enlighten you and show you the true path to virtue and self-empowerment. As for acquiring more SAKs, that only becomes a problem when you have everything and there's nothing left to seek. Actually that's not a problem, that's Nirvana.  :angel:

hr Offline styx

Reply #12 on: July 26, 2014, 10:54:00 PM
actually that's the point where saucers start flying. and not the good kind

au Offline DazMechanical

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: July 27, 2014, 11:14:42 AM
When I came here a few months ago I had 1 SAK and 2 Leathermans...

Now I have 12 SAKs, a Swiss Tool X, and 5 Leathermans.  :facepalm:
darren

sg Offline red_rider_1979

Reply #14 on: July 27, 2014, 12:03:48 PM
Hi all. I have a confession to make too. I'm from Singapore and I started collecting SAKs this year after reading about them in this forum. Bought several 58mm and 91mm on amazon during their "$10 off every $50 of victorinox products". Have given away several 58mm to relatives, friends n colleagues and always enjoyed the look on their faces when they unfold their Sak for the first time. This slowly progressed to buying on ebay, other knife/multitool forums and then to private dealings on forums. I'm now thousands of dollars into it. So far, I have:

93mm - Pioneer (5 black, 2 red, 2 silver, 2 orange, 1 blue, 1 green), Farmer (4 orange, 1 silver), 1961 soldiers (wenger 100jahre, Vic 2008 1-in-5000, more than 25 others of different years with 1 very special one from the year my country became independent ie. 1965 )

84mm - Cadet (2 full sets of the limited colours edition, 2 sets of the normal black red and silver, 2 Danish green and 2 Danish black, 1 hunter green and 1 copper), Lumberjack (2 copper)

91mm - 2 swisschamp, 3 craftsman, 2 compact, 1 hiker, 1 explorer, 2 fieldmaster, 2 tinker, 1 super tinker, 1 deluxe tinker, 1 mechanic,

58mm - Ramblers (5 zebra, 5 stayglow, 2 green, 2 black, 1 red), swiss lite (6 red), signature (5 red), mini champ (2 red), signature lite  (1 silver tech)

Others - Mauser, 2008 new soldier, victorinox soldier heritage, swisscard, 2 executives, 2 theo klein toy, 1 press light, 1 syph007 custom, 1 ALM custom.

Hmm... That's all I can remember for now.

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #15 on: July 27, 2014, 01:25:07 PM

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #16 on: June 24, 2017, 06:09:04 PM

I know that feeling, three years later.  I sense a pattern.
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%