Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Survival Entertainment? Cody Lundin fired from Dual Survival.

comis · 33 · 3407

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Survival Entertainment? Cody Lundin fired from Dual Survival.
Reply #30 on: August 09, 2014, 04:47:40 PM
Nah, Aloha, I won't worry about that.  I don't serious think those comments are targeting anyone, in worst case scenario, I'd much rather myself getting offended with a bruised ego, which will cause me to rethink my approach/practice more carefully, than continue to live in my own fantasy land of gear playing.

One thing I may beg to differ is--I don't mind peoples' kits looking pristine, so as long people have ample testing/training with what they plan to use with a secondary kit, and know exactly how those items will perform out-of-box new.

As geeky as it may sound, I actually do suggest/encourage people to do more 'back yard' testing/practicing whenever possible, instead of waiting until we are out in the woods.  If we can't even do it in the comfort of our backyard with our gears(of course, in a safe and controllable manner), then either we need more practice or the gear may not be appropriate for the task.

Not to discredit the usefulness of any purchased kits, I do feel more solid about my own kit once I have used/tested out all the contents inside my kit, and I think psychologically it may help to reduce stress, if I know how everything works and what most likely will be my priorities under different circumstances.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #31 on: August 09, 2014, 05:26:36 PM
Nah, Aloha, I won't worry about that.  I don't serious think those comments are targeting anyone, in worst case scenario, I'd much rather myself getting offended with a bruised ego, which will cause me to rethink my approach/practice more carefully, than continue to live in my own fantasy land of gear playing.

One thing I may beg to differ is--I don't mind peoples' kits looking pristine, so as long people have ample testing/training with what they plan to use with a secondary kit, and know exactly how those items will perform out-of-box new.

As geeky as it may sound, I actually do suggest/encourage people to do more 'back yard' testing/practicing whenever possible, instead of waiting until we are out in the woods.  If we can't even do it in the comfort of our backyard with our gears(of course, in a safe and controllable manner), then either we need more practice or the gear may not be appropriate for the task.

Not to discredit the usefulness of any purchased kits, I do feel more solid about my own kit once I have used/tested out all the contents inside my kit, and I think psychologically it may help to reduce stress, if I know how everything works and what most likely will be my priorities under different circumstances.

We both agree that TESTING is crucial so test, test, test, and test again.  I love the idea that going into your backyard is a great way to test.  Take the family out there and "survive" for a night.  It not only will be fun for the kids if you have them but a great way to test gear and ideas. 
Esse Quam Videri

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #32 on: August 09, 2014, 11:22:44 PM
Yes... testing.... I have meaning to get out of the city and try to make fire with just a pocket knife and whatever wood is around. I doubt I will be successful, it will probably be quite sobering but a good excuse to get out.

I Shouldn't Be Alive had some good survival lessons - sometimes you learn more from when people end up in a survival situation for real without meaning to than manufactured survival scenarios.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 11:28:42 PM by Syncop8r »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD