Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Anyone still EDC flash drives?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Anyone still EDC flash drives?
on: March 14, 2024, 11:56:17 AM
I still carry a few flash drives even though most of my needed info is in Dropbox or similar cloud based services.  In my line of work there are always places I find myself with limited connectivity, so a flash drive of some type is much more useful than cloud based offerings.

And, if you have to EDC a flash drive, why not make it a cool one?   :D

Let's see your flash drives!   :pok:

Def

* 17104136104641.jpg (Filesize: 181.84 KB)

* 17104136102510.jpg (Filesize: 129.16 KB)
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline charlie fox

Re: Anyone still EDC flash drives?
Reply #1 on: March 14, 2024, 12:03:00 PM
Yep, on my work keys. It has come in handy when I've accidently deleted something I need. I try to back it up every couple of days :tu:

* L5J0Vi1[1].jpg (Filesize: 223.42 KB)
"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

fi Online Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Reply #2 on: March 14, 2024, 12:33:49 PM
I have 3 flashdrives with me. 1 contain Linux distros ( openSUSE, Fedora, Linux Mint) and space for videos and pics, 2nd contains Windows and 3rd is secure locked flashdrive for secure pics, documents (work related stuff). I carry these on my EDC bag.

Only Tools Matters

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: March 14, 2024, 12:42:36 PM
    I still carry one, but don't use it so much now.  Not cool looking at all.  Best wishes.  G
 :(
keychain.jpg
* keychain.jpg (Filesize: 242.96 KB)

Offline GreyLife

Reply #4 on: March 14, 2024, 08:14:09 PM
I use USB drives on my work keys too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

* IMG_1164.jpg (Filesize: 226.55 KB)

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: March 14, 2024, 10:35:31 PM
2 actually,  don't have pics currently
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.
Reply #6 on: March 14, 2024, 10:52:20 PM
I haven't carried one in several years now. Probably go back to keeping one on hand when I eventually upgrade my mobile phone.  Í hate that the phone manufacturers have dropped MSD cards from their newer lineups.
Addicted to sharp pointy things.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #7 on: March 15, 2024, 01:35:19 AM
I used to carry one of these, it kept all my medical info ready just in case, yet when I had my accident and was in the hospital I kept waving it and the one nurse came to me and said I don’t know why you even carry it, the hospital doesn’t even have a computer that has a usb port to plug it into to read it,, so I just stopped carrying it, I suppose if I found it (I know it’s around here somewhere, I swear I just saw it the other day but where  :think: ) that I could wipe it clean and use it as an edc memory stick, I know I have a hidden file on it, only thing we have that will even read it is our comp that hasn’t even been started in over a year and it’s a freaking antique, I suppose I could ask the kid, but what to put on it?
JR

* IMG_3523.jpg (Filesize: 50.8 KB)
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #8 on: March 15, 2024, 10:44:59 PM
My initial comment in this thread was more just to show off the cool drive, but the reality is it was dead when I got it and has only managed to stick around for a few years because of the novelty transforming!

These are the actual, functional drives I carry. 

The red one is just a MicroSD reader, the Gorilla Mini I think is 16gb and the OTG drive is 1tb.

These are the regular drives I carry and use, mostly for reference materials that I use at work and other places.

Def

* 17105005820870.jpg (Filesize: 249.61 KB)
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%