Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Zippo Owners Club

Pacu · 240 · 32178

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: The Zippo Owners Club
Reply #90 on: March 24, 2016, 10:40:18 PM
Just got this one...Grey Dusk with Skulls and Crossbones. I think it is some sort of printing process...not engraved.

Nice one.  Maybe etched?
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Spork, Lord of Lime Jello!

• No Life Club
  • Benner fan club #003
Reply #91 on: March 25, 2016, 01:59:21 AM
Just got this one...Grey Dusk with Skulls and Crossbones. I think it is some sort of printing process...not engraved.

Nice one.  Maybe etched?
I'm not sure, the photo doesn't do it justice. The surface is smooth...like a lacquer coating and the light has to hit it at the right angle to see the skulls.

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #92 on: March 25, 2016, 07:22:00 AM

Nice work and some great/interesting lighters Guys  :tu:
Everything’s adjustable

nl Offline anditsgone

Reply #93 on: March 29, 2016, 07:05:20 PM
Nice lighter. 

SO its been a week today since I filled my Zippo and it light right up no problem this morning.  We'll see how it goes tomorrow which will make 8 days. Not really sure the ranger bands are aiding or not  :think:.   

I refill my Zippo every friday night so without a band around it it will definatly last a week. It will probably light after two weeks but after a short time it just cuts out because the little bit of vapour runs out. A zippo doesn't really cut out. The flame gets weaker and weaker and after a while the wick burns red. At this moment you want to put out your zippo because it will decrease the life span of your wick very fast.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #94 on: April 02, 2016, 02:36:26 AM
Very nice Zippos guys :cheers: I have even saw a few tricks and added a couple things to my want list cause of this thread :D

Here is the Zippo I have had for around 18 years now

I have a few others that I have gotten over the years, some passed down from family and have bought a few :tu:

fr Offline m47mu74nt

• No Life Club
Reply #95 on: September 04, 2016, 03:16:05 PM
Latest Zippo : I don't know its name or model number as I didn't find it in the catalogs, It is from 2013 (June for the insert, May for the case)
The hinge has suffered from the previous owner, It needed to get squeezed with pliers ... but it's not a bad deal: 3€
ZippoBottom.jpg
* ZippoBottom.jpg (Filesize: 84.09 KB)
Zippo_WhiteSwirl.jpg
* Zippo_WhiteSwirl.jpg (Filesize: 127.36 KB)

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #96 on: September 04, 2016, 07:36:18 PM
I'm lazy so I threw my knife into the picture so I can use the same picture in the traditional challenge thread, but anyway, here are my Zippos.  Solid brass pipe lighter, copper standard lighter, and silver paisley pattern engraved with my initials.  I bought my first, the silver lighter, and had it engraved when I was 16 years old in 1982 or '83.  I can't remember when I bought my second, the pipe lighter, but I've had it for at least 20 years. My third Zippo is the copper one.  I found it in a thrift store and I think I paid a dollar for it. :cheers:
traditional20.JPG
* traditional20.JPG (Filesize: 106.12 KB)

us Offline Stormdrane

• No Life Club
  • Be Prepared
Reply #97 on: September 10, 2016, 08:53:09 PM
Added some gaucho knots with 1.4mm string around one of my street chrome Zippo lighters...  :P

gaucho'd zippo 1 by David Hopper (Stormdrane), on Flickr

fr Offline m47mu74nt

• No Life Club
Reply #98 on: September 10, 2016, 09:57:08 PM
 :like: :like: :like: :like:

us Offline Stormdrane

• No Life Club
  • Be Prepared
Reply #99 on: September 12, 2016, 02:12:47 AM

us Offline Stormdrane

• No Life Club
  • Be Prepared
Reply #100 on: September 13, 2016, 11:31:25 PM

au Offline Gohard

• Leatherman fanatic!!
Reply #101 on: September 13, 2016, 11:49:10 PM
I love my zippo lighters. Have a "few". Quite smoking 6 years ago. The zippo is brilliant in winter time In Australia. But in the hot summer times is became a big slap. Ended up fueling it up every day. Its just too hot in the outback to use one.  Tried many different fluids. Some beter than other. Ended up with a BIC lighter.
But don't leave the butane lighter in the car on your dashboard!!!!
IMG_1829.JPG
* IMG_1829.JPG (Filesize: 250.77 KB)

us Offline Pacu

Reply #102 on: January 04, 2018, 01:50:08 AM
Bump

2018-01-03_06-46-55 by Jason Downs, on Flickr

NASA one is my oldest, used heavily in Boy Scouts. Bought as Johnson Space Center in Houston during the good ole shuttle days in the late 80s.
Newest is my cup of shut the hell up I found at a south Texas convenience store. It was calling my name since it applies to a lot of coworkers . ::) ::)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 01:54:23 AM by Pacu »
:like:    :MTO:

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #103 on: January 05, 2018, 05:27:13 AM
My only zippo is an armor case brass pipe lighter that I got back in June. The only pics I have are when it was new. It has a patina now.
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

us Offline Pacu

Reply #104 on: May 27, 2018, 02:58:54 AM
I found a 30 count store display recently. Local gas station was clearance on all their Zippos.  I asked the lady what they were doing with the case when they sold the last one. She said probably toss it. I asked if I could help her out and save her a trip to the garbage.  :D

It's got some store wear but not bad for free. Even came with 2 keys.

2018-05-26_07-44-23 by Jason Downs, on Flickr

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #105 on: May 27, 2018, 06:19:03 AM
SCORE  :salute:
Esse Quam Videri

hr Offline styx

Reply #106 on: May 27, 2018, 10:14:12 AM
well damn, that is nice.

got a question for those that have brass Zippos. since brass can get that green oxidation on it, did you ever have any issues with it staining you, your clothes or gear? I know a lot of copper mixtures tend to leave those green marks on the skin (cheap street jewellery) but how is it with brass specifically?
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #107 on: May 27, 2018, 05:25:36 PM
Dang Pacu, that was a total score!
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #108 on: May 28, 2018, 09:37:09 AM
well damn, that is nice.

got a question for those that have brass Zippos. since brass can get that green oxidation on it, did you ever have any issues with it staining you, your clothes or gear? I know a lot of copper mixtures tend to leave those green marks on the skin (cheap street jewellery) but how is it with brass specifically?
My brass pipe lighter is over 20 years old and has never turned green or stained me or my clothes.  I think I may have seen some green oxidation once near the hinge but it wiped right off. Or, I might be remembering oxidation on my copper lighter.  In any case the Zippos have a good finish and take on a nice patina and I've never had a problem from staining.

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Reply #109 on: May 28, 2018, 09:41:29 AM
Modders/Makers might like this Zippo mod:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIqTdPbxGBY

hr Offline styx

Reply #110 on: May 28, 2018, 01:20:40 PM
well damn, that is nice.

My brass pipe lighter is over 20 years old and has never turned green or stained me or my clothes.  I think I may have seen some green oxidation once near the hinge but it wiped right off. Or, I might be remembering oxidation on my copper lighter.  In any case the Zippos have a good finish and take on a nice patina and I've never had a problem from staining.

great, thanks.

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

es Offline microbe

• No Life Club
  • Yersinia Pestis & Campylobacter Jejuni!
Reply #111 on: May 29, 2018, 09:08:37 AM

Once you go black you never go back
@blackdiamonds_42

hr Offline styx

Reply #112 on: May 29, 2018, 02:01:30 PM
that's a blow torch

es Offline microbe

• No Life Club
  • Yersinia Pestis & Campylobacter Jejuni!
Reply #113 on: May 29, 2018, 03:51:29 PM
that's a blow torch

Maybe a small one, kind off  :D
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 04:05:42 PM by microbe »
Once you go black you never go back
@blackdiamonds_42

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #114 on: May 30, 2018, 08:42:41 PM
well damn, that is nice.

Mine is only a year old, but it has patinad. I also only carry it when I'm actively smoking, which is probably less than an hour a week. That being said, I've not had the patina leave any marks on me or my clothes.
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

hr Offline styx

Reply #115 on: May 30, 2018, 09:44:00 PM
thanks. nice setup

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #117 on: July 16, 2018, 07:56:26 AM
Some awesome Zippo lighters y'all! :like:

Of all my Zippos (maybe 8-10), this one sees the most use. It is a Zippo insert (well worn) and Italian Sterling case.
20180716_004223-1.jpeg
* 20180716_004223-1.jpeg (Filesize: 199.79 KB)
20180716_004308.jpeg
* 20180716_004308.jpeg (Filesize: 150.2 KB)
20180716_005229-1.jpeg
* 20180716_005229-1.jpeg (Filesize: 184.12 KB)
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Iron Man 2

• I'm Iron Man☺😎
Reply #118 on: August 26, 2018, 12:07:26 AM
Here's mine!
IMG_20180702_182405_hdr.jpg
* IMG_20180702_182405_hdr.jpg (Filesize: 207.39 KB)
Hello Beastie.

us Offline Pacu

Reply #119 on: August 26, 2018, 02:25:21 AM
 :like:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00