Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Kershaw Shuffle

no Offline Grathr

• Absolutely No Life Club
Kershaw Shuffle
on: August 02, 2014, 07:36:30 PM
The  Shuffle is a fairly small affordable knife/multitool from Kershaw. It comes in black, white or pink with beadblasted or BO finish. Kershaws list price for the beadblasted version is $24.99 and 27.99 for the BO version.  Im reviewing the beadblasted black version, wich I bought for $18 on ebay.

Specs:
Blade length: 2,4in or 6cm
Closed length: 3,25in or 8,3cm.
Open length: 5,6in or 14,3cm
Weight: 2,8 oz or 75g

The blade is made from 3cr13 steel and has a handle made from glass filled nylon. It has a lanyard attachment wich also can be used as a flathead screw driver, a integrated bottleopener and a removable belt clip.

The tools:
The blade opens using a thumbstud and locks with a liner lock. When you choke up on the blade your finger makes it impossible to close the blade, wich means that you can use more force when cutting than you normally can with a folder.  The blade came very sharp out of the box and holds the edge reasonably well, requiring a touch up ever now and then. 
The big belly on the blade somewhat compensates for its short blade and makes it good for cutting cartboard, plastic bands/strips, opening packages and blister packs. I have also used it to cut some fresh and dry wood wich it does very vell as long as its not to thick.

The lanyard extension works surprisingly well as a flat head screw driver. If you live in a older house like me, that comes in very handy.

The bottle opener opens bottles easily, and is also nice for cleaning nails. I can also see it working as a makeshift prybar in a pinch. It can however dig into your palm when using a lot of force.

The beltclip can be moved for both right and left side carry and makes the tool ride quite low in the pocket.

summary:
The Kershaw Shuffle is a great little tool at a very affordable price. Its small size, low weight and pocket clip makes it a very pocketable tool. Its a perfect one hand opening companion for a SAK if you dont need a big blade or nice little EDC knife on its own.
I would recomend this knife to people on a budget who wants a small solid non agressive looking EDC knife.

Pros:
-Small
-Solid
-Bottle opener and flat driver
-You can choke up on the blade
-Price

Cons:
-The blade can be too small for some.
-The bottle opener can dig into your hand if you use a lot of force over time.
-To small if you have very big hands.

-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

dk Offline Freaver

• Haven't smoked since 17/05-14 7.10 PM - 28/03-16
Re: Kershaw Shuffle
Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 09:31:48 PM
Great review; short, to the point and accurate. And more importantly... It made me wanna do some research on the Shuffle and see if it might be something for me.  :2tu:

no Offline Grathr

Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 09:38:03 PM

Great review; short, to the point and accurate. And more importantly... It made me wanna do some research on the Shuffle and see if it might be something for me.  :2tu:

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 09:55:10 PM
Nice little review.  :tu:  I love my Kershaws, despite a little irritation with their customer service at the moment.  :(  The Shuffle looks like a useful little sucker.  I like smaller folders as well, this one will be added to the list......
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

no Offline Grathr

Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 10:03:53 PM

Nice little review.  :tu:  I love my Kershaws, despite a little irritation with their customer service at the moment.  :(  The Shuffle looks like a useful little sucker.  I like smaller folders as well, this one will be added to the list......

Thanks.
Nice to do the enabeling for once ;)

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 10:05:39 PM

Thanks.
Nice to do the enabeling for once ;)

:D  I'll get you back at some point I'm sure.....  ;)
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

br Offline Hevy (CT-782)

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: December 30, 2019, 03:34:40 PM
Ressurecting the topic.
I'm enjoying a lot this small knife.
This small knife is a lot of bang for the buck!
I've put this one in heavy use, cutting a lot of cardboard, rubber, tapes, plastic, sharpening pencils and performed very well.
Not the more confortable handle for big hands, but tolerable. Open and lock well.
I can open and close with one hand.
For being small, It don't attract a lot of atention when I pull it from my pocket.
And very important: Open my bottles with one swift movement at end of the day!

Enviado de meu moto g(6) usando o Tapatalk

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD