Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Tuisto award thread

us Offline Tuisto

Tuisto award thread
on: May 24, 2024, 02:19:36 AM
I figured I'd just make a whole thread dedicated to attempting some of the awards challenges so as not to artificially bloat the entire forum by constantly making new threads for new award attempts. I hope that's okay! The next one I'm going for is the fish scaler one! Here are some of my uses for it and I honestly think it's one of the most undervalued tools in SAKdom. The award just says "tart a new thread with pictures of a Fish Scaler in use," so I figured it didn't have to be its intended use (hopefully), just some of my uses for it. The first is as a fork, the second as an improvised tick tool to look for ticks, the third is as a ruler to underline (in this case the infamous Rigveda I.165), and the fourth is as a ruler to measure the dimensions of a SAK blade.

* Scaler steak.jpg (Filesize: 40.46 KB)

* Scaler tick tool.jpg (Filesize: 44.28 KB)

* Scaler ruler.jpg (Filesize: 65.76 KB)

* Scaler ruler 2.jpg (Filesize: 87.56 KB)

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Tuisto award thread
Reply #1 on: May 24, 2024, 02:33:02 AM
Good luck on your quest for awards.  Don't forget you have to put in an official request for the award and sadly I think you do have to start a new thread for each one. :cheers:

us Offline Tuisto

Reply #2 on: May 24, 2024, 02:59:04 AM
Good luck on your quest for awards.  Don't forget you have to put in an official request for the award and sadly I think you do have to start a new thread for each one. :cheers:

Ah, that's a good point. Also, I have no clue why my text was all struck through? Was it because of the I put at the beginning of the quoted text?

Edit: yes, it appears so.

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #3 on: May 24, 2024, 03:12:08 AM
I love all the scaler use!!
Barry

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: May 24, 2024, 03:13:53 AM
   There's always the possibility that you could apply for the Struck Through Text Badge.  It has a picture of Bart Simpson writing on the blackboard.  What.....?  There is no Struck Through Text Badge.......?  Are you sure?   Never mind.  Do what Alan told you.  Best wishes.  G

us Offline Tuisto

Reply #5 on: May 24, 2024, 03:26:12 AM
Hahaha, Gary, perhaps we should petition for one? Or maybe a "I have no idea how the text editing and word processing works and make constant mistakes" badge? I think I'd qualify for either (or both!). Although, looking at the awards, it does seem that Alan is correct and that a new thread is required for different badges, just judging by what I've seen on the badges page. Also, does anyone know if two birds can be killed with one challenge, i.e., can one get the Mad Max badge (for carrying an XLT or larger for 30 days) as well as the Stack badge that seems to be the one awarded for the 'monster SAK' challenge in August? Or does one have to choose which award one wants?

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: May 24, 2024, 03:29:04 AM
One badge at a time.  Best wishes.  G
 :hatsoff:

us Offline Farmer X

• Master of the unexciting
Reply #7 on: May 24, 2024, 03:06:02 PM
Did you request the badge? These are very badge-worthy, and the pup... :like:
USN 2000-2006

Culling of the knife and multi herds in progress...

If I pay five figures for something, it better have wings or a foundation!

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #8 on: May 24, 2024, 03:38:11 PM
I figured I'd just make a whole thread dedicated to attempting some of the awards challenges so as not to artificially bloat the entire forum by constantly making new threads for new award attempts. I hope that's okay! The next one I'm going for is the fish scaler one! Here are some of my uses for it and I honestly think it's one of the most undervalued tools in SAKdom. The award just says "tart a new thread with pictures of a Fish Scaler in use," so I figured it didn't have to be its intended use (hopefully), just some of my uses for it. The first is as a fork, the second as an improvised tick tool to look for ticks, the third is as a ruler to underline (in this case the infamous Rigveda I.165), and the fourth is as a ruler to measure the dimensions of a SAK blade.

Awarded. Excellent use of Hound  :tu: :drink:
They don't like it up 'em!

fr Offline Frenchephaistos

Reply #9 on: May 24, 2024, 04:11:58 PM
Just remember to eat with the tool before you search for ticks, not just after.  :D

us Offline Tuisto

Reply #10 on: May 24, 2024, 06:58:26 PM
Just remember to eat with the tool before you search for ticks, not just after.  :D

Haha, I will try to remember that! Oh, and Tuisto is the Germanic counterpart of Hephaistos/Hephaestus (albeit mediated through Roman sources)!

us Offline Tuisto

Reply #11 on: May 24, 2024, 11:12:31 PM
Here's my Stayglow Classic as an attempt at the Stayglow badge. Hopefully this is sufficient, but if I have to start a new thread that's fine, too, O Great and Powerful Mods!

* Stayglow Classic 00.jpg (Filesize: 57.29 KB)

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #12 on: May 25, 2024, 11:19:15 AM
Badge awarded.

Please do take some time and effort for the badges and that includes starting new threads.
We don't view this as bloating the boards, rather it keeps things moving and in view.
Jamming it all into one thread is way less interesting and doesn't get the hits.

:cheers:   :cheers:

us Offline Tuisto

Reply #13 on: May 25, 2024, 08:16:49 PM
Ah okay, my apologies. From now on I'll make sure I start a new thread! Thank you for awarding this one.

us Offline Sos24

Reply #14 on: May 25, 2024, 11:44:51 PM
Good job, congrats

us Offline AzteCypher

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: May 26, 2024, 07:43:48 AM
Congrats on the badge!
May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

Click here for cool free stuff from the Surprise Box GAW!
🏆 🚂 Train Fixer Award
-for most trains repaired using classic

gb Offline Rizio Il Ghiro

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: May 26, 2024, 09:10:24 AM
Congratulations on the badge!  :cheers:

us Offline Tuisto

Reply #17 on: May 28, 2024, 02:17:03 AM
Thank you everyone. I'm going to try for another one tomorrow; I'm attempting to cobble together 12 diifferent-coloured alox models but I think I may be a few short :(. I think I can get the one with eight colours, though!

us Offline Farmer X

• Master of the unexciting
Reply #18 on: May 28, 2024, 03:40:48 AM
Different shades of blue and green were no problem for me when I requested Alox Level II. With the silly prices Alox can command on the secondary market (and me being cash-poor and kinda cheap), an upgrade to Level III would bea real challenge for me. Good luck, and looking forward to seeing what you come up with! :cheers: :popcorn:
USN 2000-2006

Culling of the knife and multi herds in progress...

If I pay five figures for something, it better have wings or a foundation!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $235.44
PayPal Fees: $12.01
Net Balance: $223.43
Below Goal: $76.57
Site Currency: USD
74%