Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Alox Buyers Are Crazy.

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Alox Buyers Are Crazy.
on: August 12, 2014, 04:53:08 PM
You be the judge.LOL.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321468809392?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261544462269?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I stand by my statement.  I'm hoping to avoid this insanity but I'm feeling the inevitable force pulling me in like the invisible force of gravity. LOL.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Re: Alox Buyers Are Crazy.
Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 05:06:50 PM
I have the bug bad.  But luckily I limit it to Farmers.  In fact, I have some other Alox I may sell to further the Farmer obsession... :ahhh

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 05:12:17 PM
Look,we all know Aloxitis is a terrible affliction  :shrug:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 06:19:36 PM
Look,we all know Aloxitis is a terrible affliction  :shrug:

8) I prefer "still unidentified mental disorder"....  :D
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

es Offline microbe

• No Life Club
  • Yersinia Pestis & Campylobacter Jejuni!
Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 08:02:45 PM
50 vs 300 is pretty mad. Or stupid.  :whistle:
Once you go black you never go back
@blackdiamonds_42

us Offline Rich S

• OLD GEEZER CLUB
Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 09:03:41 PM
It's not just Alox collectors that are crazy. All us "knife nuts" are!
A totally incurable disease (thankfully :-)
Rich
------------------
SAK Knives Matter
------------------

us Offline Joe58

Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 09:39:46 PM
 ???

Wow - I don't get that one at all. Don't people do just a bit of research at all? I thought I was the only one who does dumb stuff like that. Lol.

Wonder if they were actually paid.
🇨🇭

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 10:02:11 PM
If I could only go back in time.  I think the return on investment in Vic alox would beat gold bullion.   :D
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 10:19:26 PM
I actually tried to "get into" alox, but failed  :-\ They just don't appeal for some reason :shrug:

I do have a black Pioneer that makes it into the pocket occasionally, but would generally be happier with something else ... even the coffin scaled or brushed stanless scaled Wengers which I quite like carrying. The only other Alox I have tucked away are for potential mod fodder if I can ever be bothered getting round to it  :D

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 10:33:54 PM
I actually tried to "get into" alox, but failed  :-\ They just don't appeal for some reason :shrug:

I do have a black Pioneer that makes it into the pocket occasionally, but would generally be happier with something else ... even the coffin scaled or brushed stanless scaled Wengers which I quite like carrying. The only other Alox I have tucked away are for potential mod fodder if I can ever be bothered getting round to it  :D

Doesn't like Alox or the Executive - trying to make enemies in this forum, Al?  :P  I'll be honest, I wouldn't bother paying anywhere near that sort of money for a SAK, no matter how pretty it is.  I've got a fair amount of Alox, but they're users, not showpieces.  My black Pioneer and SI get a lot of use, as does my red Cadet.  $300 for a knife?  Not crazy to a lot of folks here, but that's half my rent!  I can think of other things I'd rather have for $300......
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 11:06:29 PM

Doesn't like Alox or the Executive - trying to make enemies in this forum, Al?  :P  I'll be honest, I wouldn't bother paying anywhere near that sort of money for a SAK, no matter how pretty it is.  I've got a fair amount of Alox, but they're users, not showpieces.  My black Pioneer and SI get a lot of use, as does my red Cadet.  $300 for a knife?  Not crazy to a lot of folks here, but that's half my rent!  I can think of other things I'd rather have for $300......

:D Nah, you know me mate, I just tend to walk the lesser trodden path .... problem is, it's usually covered in dog crap  :rofl:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #11 on: August 12, 2014, 11:09:35 PM

:D Nah, you know me mate, I just tend to walk the lesser trodden path .... problem is, it's usually covered in dog crap  :rofl:

:D
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

00 Offline papercut

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: August 13, 2014, 02:14:40 PM
Vic cross farmer does not equal white cross farmer.

No soul in the Vic cross.
Lurking with a large collection of sharp knives!

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: August 14, 2014, 04:33:06 PM
You be the judge.LOL.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321468809392?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261544462269?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I stand by my statement.  I'm hoping to avoid this insanity but I'm feeling the inevitable force pulling me in like the invisible force of gravity. LOL.

And the craziness continues,although at a reduced pace.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171414251129?_trksid=p2045573.m570.l4469&_trkparms=gh1g%3DI171414251129.N17.S2.M-20.R1.TR14

I'm still too cheap to pay this price.LOL
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%