Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Tumi Delta Tri Fold Key Wallet

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Tumi Delta Tri Fold Key Wallet
on: August 12, 2014, 07:54:09 PM
I'm like most here and carry some items on my key chain.  I have a work key chain and an off day one.  I use the KeyBak retractable for work and love it, but thats another thread.

I like to keep smaller items at the ready but want to cut the bulk of a messy clanky keychain.  I used a Brass clasp thingy and that has worked fine but I wanted to eliminate another item hanging off my pants/belt loop.  I like having a few items I consider practical and that I typically use.  I was able to cut many of the keys out of my off day carry since over time they have proved to only add to the bulk.

I have my vehicle key and alarm fob separate and generally clip it to my belt loop, this is why I wanted a different solution with my non key related off day small carry items.

I picked up this Tumi Key Wallet for $2  :salute: yup a whole $2 so I was stoked to try it out.  I loaded my items, SAK, Ibuprofen, Kingston USB, Nano light, and 2 bandaids and was surprised how flat this still was.  It was also very easy to carry and needless to say quiet. 

I still have room for my PO Box key ( not shown ) and House key ( also not shown ) neither add thickness to this great little wallet.

It has internal slip pockets that could hold Debit card and ID and a bit of cash if I wanted.  I may stuff a $20 in at some point.

IMG_4623.jpg
* IMG_4623.jpg (Filesize: 260.04 KB)
IMG_4624.JPG
* IMG_4624.JPG (Filesize: 239.51 KB)
IMG_4628.JPG
* IMG_4628.JPG (Filesize: 234.72 KB)
IMG_4630.jpg
* IMG_4630.jpg (Filesize: 251.87 KB)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 08:03:51 PM by Aloha007 »
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Tumi Delta Tri Fold Key Wallet
Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 07:56:01 PM
Here is how I was carrying these items ( keys included ).  It rattled which I didnt hate but with my Skinth and vehicle keys also riding on my pants loops and belt I wanted to cut the bulk. 
IMG_4622.jpg
* IMG_4622.jpg (Filesize: 270.43 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline Dr Gonzo

Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 01:48:24 PM
Key wallets are great for small EDC items...I used to carry one with my keys, Maratac Torch and Micra :tu:

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
Very nice.  :drool:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 05:12:45 PM
@Zed, you are one of the people I've seen do this so  :salute: thanks.  I had been wanting to try it out and so far I'm still loving it.  Why did you stop using the key wallet by chance?  I like how it sits in my pocket and it one less item on my belt loop or belt. 

Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline Dr Gonzo

Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 03:45:47 PM
I stopped using mine as I sold the copper Maratac and don't have another AAA light to put in, also I need to change the standard hooks which are not very strong for some small lobster clips...I just carry my keys on a ring now and the Micra in my pocket, I need to get some more smaller tools for the key wallet as they are great for keeping everything together in a neat pocketable package :tu:
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%